Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] [AB/BC/ON] 10gb Data, Unl Calling $60/mo for new activations (Rogers/Bell matching offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 3:19 am
Feb 16, 2016
243 posts
131 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:47 am
Finally got it through chat.. wow, thanks if not for you guys trying still I would have given up.

I got int texting and the promo VVM add on!
Is it the Promo VVM that expires in 2/3 months or lifetime?
Nov 29, 2013
701 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
illicit wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:46 pm
Is it the Promo VVM that expires in 2/3 months or lifetime?
It is the promo that lasts 2 months, honestly I asked the rep for the promo vvm did not want push my luck as I finally got a nice rep who helped me without any struggle or debating
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:44 pm
It is the promo that lasts 2 months, honestly I asked the rep for the promo vvm did not want push my luck as I finally got a nice rep who helped me without any struggle or debating
Mine is indefinite. The promo code the first rep used expired at the end of Feb 2018, but a second rep made it non-expiring.
Nov 29, 2013
701 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:26 pm
Mine is indefinite. The promo code the first rep used expired at the end of Feb 2018, but a second rep made it non-expiring.
How did you ask for that/ what did you say to get it?

Not sure if I wanna call in again though but maybe in a week or two I will try.
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:52 pm
How did you ask for that/ what did you say to get it?

Not sure if I wanna call in again though but maybe in a week or two I will try.
I pushed for it by saying that several others received it. I've been with Telus for 15 or so years, so I think L&R got involved.
Nov 29, 2013
701 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:24 pm
I pushed for it by saying that several others received it. I've been with Telus for 15 or so years, so I think L&R got involved.
I don’t have that power with telus, just signed up with them for promo so I’ll just stick with what I have and if I really find Vvm useful then I’ll call back and ask for the 2$ a month add on.
Feb 16, 2016
243 posts
131 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:21 am
I don’t have that power with telus, just signed up with them for promo so I’ll just stick with what I have and if I really find Vvm useful then I’ll call back and ask for the 2$ a month add on.
Honestly the $2/mo VVM is easy to get. Just be persistent. The last two reps tried for half an hour+ to get the lifetime $0 VVM code and both reported that the code is expired and cannot be applied. I've tried several times and for hours. International text is arguable and I've gotten it but lifetime $0 VVM is not possible. If anyone gets it applied after today please let us know.
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
illicit wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:06 am
Honestly the $2/mo VVM is easy to get. Just be persistent. The last two reps tried for half an hour+ to get the lifetime $0 VVM code and both reported that the code is expired and cannot be applied. I've tried several times and for hours. International text is arguable and I've gotten it but lifetime $0 VVM is not possible. If anyone gets it applied after today please let us know.
Yep, and $2/month is very reasonable. Now if only I could get the voice-to-text feature for $2/month I would take it.
Feb 20, 2007
154 posts
28 upvotes
Anyone been able to apply the Friends and Family discount to their account?

If so what was the process? Was it just a matter of adding the code you get from your Telus employee family member to your account?

Also how much of a discount is it?
Sep 22, 2007
167 posts
134 upvotes
Crajy_B wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:46 am
Anyone been able to apply the Friends and Family discount to their account?

If so what was the process? Was it just a matter of adding the code you get from your Telus employee family member to your account?

Also how much of a discount is it?
I got rejected for the discount... :-(
Sep 22, 2007
167 posts
134 upvotes
Hey everyone. Are you guys getting slow upload speeds on the Telus $60/10GB plan? I was getting *very* good speeds on Koodo. My Wife, myself & friends are getting slow Telus speeds in Calgary (except for downtown). Except for downtown, you would be lucky to get past 15Mbps for uploads. The normal is between 3Mbps-9Mbps upstream. Devices are iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8s. You'd think that it would be the opposite (faster on the Telus "premium brand" than on Koodo). Download speeds are still decent. On the Samsung S8, it also flips back and forth between LTE+ and LTE a lot more than on Koodo whereas it was pretty stable on Koodo. Very strange. You can't blame the S8s because the iPhone 7 is in even worse shape and getting half of the speed as the S8s.
Dec 18, 2016
74 posts
70 upvotes
drceo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 6:13 pm
Hey everyone. Are you guys getting slow upload speeds on the Telus $60/10GB plan? I was getting *very* good speeds on Koodo. My Wife, myself & friends are getting slow Telus speeds in Calgary (except for downtown). Except for downtown, you would be lucky to get past 15Mbps for uploads. The normal is between 3Mbps-9Mbps upstream. Devices are iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8s. You'd think that it would be the opposite (faster on the Telus "premium brand" than on Koodo). Download speeds are still decent. On the Samsung S8, it also flips back and forth between LTE+ and LTE a lot more than on Koodo whereas it was pretty stable on Koodo. Very strange. You can't blame the S8s because the iPhone 7 is in even worse shape and getting half of the speed as the S8s.

There is no such thing as premium brand = higher speed. My phone sometimes show Telus in place of Koodo. Everything is the same, however pricing and perks are different. iPhone 7 Plus and S8 support different maximum speeds. Should be little higher on s8 just because of the hardware alone.
Here’a a speed test and my plan
Last edited by mrmanpreetsingh on Jan 9th, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 22, 2007
167 posts
134 upvotes
mrmanpreetsingh wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:58 pm
There is no such thing as premium brand = higher speed. My phone sometimes show Telus in place of Koodo. Everything is the same, however pricing and perks are different. iPhone 7 Plus and S8 support different maximum speeds. Should be little higher on s8 just because of the hardware alone.
Here’a a speed test and my plan
We're in agreement. I just meant to say that my speeds should not be lower going from Koodo to Telus. That makes no sense. They're supposed to be the same network. Those speeds that you're showing is what I used to get. Once on Telus, it became half of that. My last speedtest (between my phone and Telus) was 66.54 down/1.92Mbps up. Koodo was consistently hovering around the same as what you had. By the way. Very impressed with your plan add-ons.
Dec 18, 2016
74 posts
70 upvotes
drceo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 9:24 pm
We're in agreement. I just meant to say that my speeds should not be lower going from Koodo to Telus. That makes no sense. They're supposed to be the same network. Those speeds that you're showing is what I used to get. Once on Telus, it became half of that. My last speedtest (between my phone and Telus) was 66.54 down/1.92Mbps up. Koodo was consistently hovering around the same as what you had. By the way. Very impressed with your plan add-ons.
Maybe try resetting network settings as you switched SIM cards. Or worst case, factory resetting the phone. And — customer for 7 years, there’s no way I was going to let them treat me as they did with all the new activations. Rep said he’s going to take away add ons and I replied “ don’t change the plan, just give me 30 mins and I’ll fly like a bird to Fido” he laughed and let me keep them :)
Nov 7, 2016
52 posts
3 upvotes
illicit wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:06 am
So, just came across this post and made me wonder. I have received the $60 promo through Telus, however, the plan did not include VVM, only advance voicemail. As such, since my previous plan had VVM and I wanted it, I had them add it to the $60 promo. The VVM cost is $5/month, so my bill will be $65/month.

The $5 for VVM is the same price I was paying for it for years, so didn't think anything of it when Telus added it to them promo price, but after reading your post it has me wondering does VVM cost $2 or $5?