Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] [AB/BC/ON] 10gb Data, Unl Calling $60/mo for new activations (Rogers/Bell matching offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2018 1:18 am
Jun 12, 2010
400 posts
69 upvotes
YVR
moneyhelp wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:39 am
So, just came across this post and made me wonder. I have received the $60 promo through Telus, however, the plan did not include VVM, only advance voicemail. As such, since my previous plan had VVM and I wanted it, I had them add it to the $60 promo. The VVM cost is $5/month, so my bill will be $65/month.

The $5 for VVM is the same price I was paying for it for years, so didn't think anything of it when Telus added it to them promo price, but after reading your post it has me wondering does VVM cost $2 or $5?
Depends what you ask for and how hard you fight :p. A lot of us have managed to get VVM as a lifetime add on at no cost.
Nov 7, 2016
38 posts
2 upvotes
frankc92 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:21 am
Depends what you ask for and how hard you fight :p. A lot of us have managed to get VVM as a lifetime add on at no cost.
I can appreciate what you mean by fight, but you must have a leg to stand on when negotiating, so makes me assume that if you managed to get VVM for life at no cost (which is amazing btw so kudos to you good sir/mam) must mean you are either a long standing customer, or your monthly bills are high or you have many lines on your account, something that would make Telus say to themselves, we can afford to not make $5 (or $2) each month forever since they (that is you) are paying an arm and leg already.

Make sense? Would love some feedback if you don't mind.
Jun 12, 2010
400 posts
69 upvotes
YVR
moneyhelp wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:56 pm
I can appreciate what you mean by fight, but you must have a leg to stand on when negotiating, so makes me assume that if you managed to get VVM for life at no cost (which is amazing btw so kudos to you good sir/mam) must mean you are either a long standing customer, or your monthly bills are high or you have many lines on your account, something that would make Telus say to themselves, we can afford to not make $5 (or $2) each month forever since they (that is you) are paying an arm and leg already.

Make sense? Would love some feedback if you don't mind.
Fair assumption - but not quite accurate. I ported my number over from Rogers and basically said that I'm a new customer, looking forward to a good experience, I've seen other colleagues receive lifetime VVM (and international texting mind you) and was hoping they could extend the same courtesy to me. Took two separate representatives but it worked out.
Jun 19, 2010
244 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got my first bill and they charged me for minutes prior to the plan being updated despite them being included in my previous plan... annoying to have to call them.
Jul 18, 2016
6 posts
3 upvotes
kazryv wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:01 pm
I just got my first bill and they charged me for minutes prior to the plan being updated despite them being included in my previous plan... annoying to have to call them.
Thanks for pointing this out. I am an existing customer and just got my plan changed and am wondering if I will get charged for minutes. It only states No charge LD: CAN to CAN.

Update I just checked my account and I get unlimited calling.
Thanks to Telus for honoring this offer to me! They really are number one in customer service!
Last edited by jam891 on Jan 12th, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 16, 2016
182 posts
81 upvotes
moneyhelp wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:39 am
So, just came across this post and made me wonder. I have received the $60 promo through Telus, however, the plan did not include VVM, only advance voicemail. As such, since my previous plan had VVM and I wanted it, I had them add it to the $60 promo. The VVM cost is $5/month, so my bill will be $65/month.

The $5 for VVM is the same price I was paying for it for years, so didn't think anything of it when Telus added it to them promo price, but after reading your post it has me wondering does VVM cost $2 or $5?
You can get it for $2. I've been trying my luck a lot for the free code but the last 2 reps both confirmed the code is expired so I gave up.
Apr 21, 2009
903 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
I got this deal, and now want to open up a second line on the same plan.... any way to get it?

Gonna try giving them a call tomorrow but not expecting to be successful.
Jun 19, 2010
244 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
jam891 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:37 pm
Thanks for pointing this out. I am an existing customer and just got my plan changed and am wondering if I will get charged for minutes. It only states No charge LD: CAN to CAN.

Update I just checked my account and I get unlimited calling.
Thanks to Telus for honoring this offer to me! They really are number one in customer service!
Apparently it was due to my old plan being prorated for the 5 days I had it, so they prorated the amount of minutes I had and I used way more in that period. They credited it back though.
Dec 15, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
frankc92 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:00 pm
Fair assumption - but not quite accurate. I ported my number over from Rogers and basically said that I'm a new customer, looking forward to a good experience, I've seen other colleagues receive lifetime VVM (and international texting mind you) and was hoping they could extend the same courtesy to me. Took two separate representatives but it worked out.
It's a total toss up as to what representative you get when you contact them. I ported from Fido to Telus during the 10GB promo weekend. Later, on December 22nd, I went on the online chat and asked very politely if I could have VVM. The agent (tech support) said the best he can do is $2/month promo price. I pushed further and said the guy in the store, at the mall, said you could do $0. The agent then called L&R on my behalf and I was able to get it permanently for $0. I was a Telus customer for only 6 days at that point but I got it anyways. I just got lucky that he was nice enough to call on my behalf and go the extra mile. Things like this are pure fluke.
Feb 16, 2016
182 posts
81 upvotes
So after many tries (9), it is possible to get free lifetime Visual Voicemail and/or Unlimited International Text.

It depends on your luck and/or persistence. A combination of both is ideal.
Apr 21, 2009
903 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
illicit wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 1:01 am
So after many tries (9), it is possible to get free lifetime Visual Voicemail and/or Unlimited International Text.

It depends on your luck and/or persistence. A combination of both is ideal.
Talked to chat.
Was unable to get lifetime but they removed my 3 month free VVM and made it 1 year. I'm happy with that.
When it expires, if I contact them, they'll likely just extend it again.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1094 posts
245 upvotes
We need Telus reps here, post the free promo add-on codes! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Feb 16, 2016
182 posts
81 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 10:27 am
Talked to chat.
Was unable to get lifetime but they removed my 3 month free VVM and made it 1 year. I'm happy with that.
When it expires, if I contact them, they'll likely just extend it again.
Just out of curiosity what is the feature name? Because the free 3 month is Promo VVM, $2/mo is Promo VVM2, and free lifetime is L&R Voicemail Visual.
Apr 21, 2009
903 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
illicit wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 10:36 pm
Just out of curiosity what is the feature name? Because the free 3 month is Promo VVM, $2/mo is Promo VVM2, and free lifetime is L&R Voicemail Visual.
Where do you see that? All I see is this. Looks like the same as before when I had 3 months free vvm.

Monthly plan & add-ons
Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD

$60.00
Services
International Voice Roaming On
Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0)
International Calling On
Voicemail-Visual
International Data Roaming On
Call Waiting
Advanced Voice Mail
Outbound Call Display On
Call Display
Conference Calling
No charge LD: CAN to CAN
Family Calling LD
911 Emergency Access Charge
SMS Unlimited

Edit: when I downloaded my previous bill PDF I see this

Promo Visual VM (exp. Feb 19 2018) Free
Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0) Free
Total add-ons ................................................

I guess I have to wait till next bill to see what the 1 year free is called
Feb 16, 2016
182 posts
81 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 11:39 pm
Where do you see that? All I see is this. Looks like the same as before when I had 3 months free vvm.

Monthly plan & add-ons
Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD

$60.00
Services
International Voice Roaming On
Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0)
International Calling On
Voicemail-Visual
International Data Roaming On
Call Waiting
Advanced Voice Mail
Outbound Call Display On
Call Display
Conference Calling
No charge LD: CAN to CAN
Family Calling LD
911 Emergency Access Charge
SMS Unlimited

Edit: when I downloaded my previous bill PDF I see this

Promo Visual VM (exp. Feb 19 2018) Free
Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0) Free
Total add-ons ................................................

I guess I have to wait till next bill to see what the 1 year free is called
Well it looks like they added Voicemail-Visual and removed Promo Visual VM. You can see the new addon without waiting for your final bill.