[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4396 posts
1316 upvotes
Winnipeg

Telus Mobility- Sign up for Pre-Auth. Pyt- Get one time $15 Bill Credit

I logged into my Telus Mobility account tonight and a banner popped up:
  • May take up to 90 days to see the credit.

Funny thing is that just today I called to have my PAP removed from my account.

So, if you are already signed up for PAP, call and have it removed, see if the offer shows up! (Need to call to have it removed)

32 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1615 posts
446 upvotes
Mississauga
no such luck when logging into my account - don't have PAP already either
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all outta gum.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7629 posts
457 upvotes
Edmonton
Telus is pretty good with Pre-Auth, they only bill you a few days before the actual due date. So you get plenty of time to review the bill and make sure it is correct, and any payment made before it bills you is taken into account and you are billed the lesser amount.

Bell was terrible with the pre-auth payments... soon as the bill was generated you'd get billed and it was always *****ed up.
Apr 14, 2012
622 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
Hellfire wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2013 1:31 am
Telus is pretty good with Pre-Auth, they only bill you a few days before the actual due date. So you get plenty of time to review the bill and make sure it is correct, and any payment made before it bills you is taken into account and you are billed the lesser amount.

Bell was terrible with the pre-auth payments... soon as the bill was generated you'd get billed and it was always *****ed up.
May have been the case in the past but I've been fortunate to experience the same kind of easy payments with Bell as you do with Telus.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5882 posts
483 upvotes
Ajax, ON
nice deal. too bad I already have pre auth setup.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4396 posts
1316 upvotes
Winnipeg
Pr0metheus wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2013 8:09 am
nice deal. too bad I already have pre auth setup.
I already had preauth setup too. I had cancelled mine yesterday for another reason.

Then I logged in later that night and the offer was there....

Maybe worth a 10 minute phone call to Telus/Maybe not.
Aug 27, 2011
535 posts
150 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
thanks op, logged in to my tablet sim account and up popped the offer. Setup my preauth. now just have to wait for the credit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6026 posts
575 upvotes
SW Ontario
Was there a link that came up to click on or just told you to sign up? I got the popup last week, but couldn't signup then, but want to now. I don't remember if there was a link or if I should just be able to signup for it and expect the credit..
Aug 27, 2011
535 posts
150 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
redgrandam wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2013 10:16 pm
Was there a link that came up to click on or just told you to sign up? I got the popup last week, but couldn't signup then, but want to now. I don't remember if there was a link or if I should just be able to signup for it and expect the credit..
there was a popup window with a link for me.not sure if you could just sign up or not.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2857 posts
450 upvotes
What if you already are signed up?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4396 posts
1316 upvotes
Winnipeg
EEE2 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2013 11:34 pm
What if you already are signed up?
Like I said twice, I was already signed up. I called and cancelled. Then I logged in later that night. Then there was an offer. YMMV
Feb 12, 2005
211 posts
36 upvotes
I will try removing it and letting you know if it works
Mar 18, 2012
118 posts
51 upvotes
Halifax
I recently bought a cheap Chinese tablet and went to sign it up first with Bell. The tablet plan signup process on the phone was fast, maybe 15 minutes but ended when I couldn't get the tablet to work online. They looked up the IMEI and came back and said it didn't appear to support their frequencies and they'd have to cancel my plan. About ~20min more including them troubleshooting my tablet with me it was all done and reversed.

Tried Telus instead (not realizing they use same frequencies as Bell) and the setup process was over 60 minutes dealing with someone with a thick accent and a terrible phone connection. They kept apologizing for the 'long haul' and eventually I was setup but they didn't want to hang around for me to put the SIM in to the tablet so I ended the call there. Turned out the SIM didn't work (no fault of Telus, it's my tablet). Had to call back and get the plan cancelled the next day. It took literally 55 minutes to cancel the plan dealing with another 2 call centre workers with poor English and a poor connection and he kept apologizing for the 'long road'. I was put on hold for long stretches every couple minutes for reasons I never could understand, I wondered if he was juggling several calls as he'd always come back and confirm with me I was cancelling my plan.

Next I was on to Rogers, setup process was about the same as Bell 15-20 minutes and it worked with my tablet since the frequencies were right.

TLDR;
Telus phone support is slow and difficult to understand due to language and call quality.
Would next use them again for the sheer pain in the bum it was.
Apr 1, 2009
211 posts
135 upvotes
Winnipeg
Removed my pre-auth, logged in and immediately got the promo popup. Thanks OP...
Jul 23, 2011
665 posts
171 upvotes
Is this offer limited to month to month accounts? I have a pay as you go account with Telus and I don't see any pop-ups.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)