Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus Mobility] Telus LTE hub, $60 50gb, $75 250gb, $110 500gb (Rural AB/BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 9:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2004 posts
258 upvotes
Time is flying as my 2-year contract is expiring,

Has anyone renewed this plan with better terms or hardware?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2004 posts
258 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 12:20 pm
But is it. You said he was caught . Anything can be done until you are caught. So really, its nor portable, otherwise he wouldnt of been disconnected
I feel that the disconnection is not automatic but left to a human to do so.
He has been using it the past two months smack in the middle of West Vancouver without problem. Out of 3x the past year, he was disconnected once.
He always reconnects in the countryside without problem.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
andreid wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 11:23 am
I feel that the disconnection is not automatic but left to a human to do so.
He has been using it the past two months smack in the middle of West Vancouver without problem. Out of 3x the past year, he was disconnected once.
He always reconnects in the countryside without problem.
Maybe, who knows. I have no reason to move it from my house anway
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
andreid wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 11:17 am
Time is flying as my 2-year contract is expiring,

Has anyone renewed this plan with better terms or hardware?
Same for me my 2 yr deal is up soon
So I will have paid down the cost of the hub $12pm
Hopefully to secure a improved deal going forward
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
carbonfilter wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 2:09 pm
Same for me my 2 yr deal is up soon
So I will have paid down the cost of the hub $12pm
Hopefully to secure a improved deal going forward
Ive got until spring, so will keep my eye out. Happy with my hardware, a price cut would be what I want, or more data for the same price
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
Spoke to Telus this morning to ask if they will improve the current monthly price / cost on my plan because I am coming up to the 2yrs contract date
Rep told me they couldn’t offer anything better !
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
carbonfilter wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:23 am
Spoke to Telus this morning to ask if they will improve the current monthly price / cost on my plan because I am coming up to the 2yrs contract date
Rep told me they couldn’t offer anything better !
Thing is, what else is there, thats the thing. We know in the rural area what there are for ISP;s. Xplornet (sucks) CCI Wirless (sucks) etc. Its not like you will leave Telus fore them, and they know it.

They know they have the fastest speeds as well, so really as a customer, we have no teeth, because we have the best there is (so far)
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
Agreed
But still worth a try if we never push/ask we stand no chance of ever getting improved deals ........
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
carbonfilter wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:38 am
Agreed
But still worth a try if we never push/ask we stand no chance of ever getting improved deals ........
For sure, I call occasionally since I have 3 Telus products. Satellite is the one that always climbs. That and home phone are on a short life span in my house
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
WikkiWikki wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:44 am
For sure, I call occasionally since I have 3 Telus products. Satellite is the one that always climbs. That and home phone are on a short life span in my house
We have Telus for the internet service
We don’t any tv package as we use Netflix and YouTube for tv. Our cell plans are with Koodo(Telus) and we do get a pretty good having used the ‘i’m Going cancel line’
Understand rural home internet is a different ball game so will keep searching for any improvements on my current deal .
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
carbonfilter wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:58 am
We have Telus for the internet service
We don’t any tv package as we use Netflix and YouTube for tv. Our cell plans are with Koodo(Telus) and we do get a pretty good having used the ‘i’m Going cancel line’
Understand rural home internet is a different ball game so will keep searching for any improvements on my current deal .
Want to do just Youtube and Netflix, but its more than me that votes on this stuff. And my wife and duaghtr watch to much Network TV to get rid of it. Myself and the boys rarely watch anything from the satellite.
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
We moved from the UK around 6 yrs ago to Canada and never had a tv subscription package since living in Canada, much prefer on demand viewing as we only watch a few shows and prefer it as our chosen viewing option.
For entertainment now we watch our chickens laying eggs Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2996 posts
2335 upvotes
Muskoka
I hate this thread - I live in Ontario, stuck on xPlornet
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
10691 posts
1052 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 11:56 am
I hate this thread - I live in Ontario, stuck on xPlornet
We had to have Xplornet, had it for 9ish years. All there was. It was like dialup with their speeds. Their throttling on purpose, their speed burst garbage, etc

Having this hub is like city internet in my opion. Sure download rates are lower for big files, but for surfing, Netlfix and day to day stuff, its fast. Even PS4 patches that download time was 4 days for some, now its 6 hours. Sure to city people thats slow, but for rural, thats fast