Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus Mobility] Telus LTE hub, $60 50gb, $75 250gb, $110 500gb (Rural AB/BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 12:21 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1390 posts
121 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote: are you putting the r7000 as an access point? or have you found a way to put the telus hub into bridge mode?
I think I had read somewhere you could put it in bridge mode, I believe I'm running it as an access point, I'm running a cable from port 1 on the hub to the WLAN port on my r7000. I figured out my low upload, I forgot that I had turned on QoS before, but since xplornet sucked so bad I never noticed the change lol. Turned it off, and now seeing on average 20 DL and 4UP compared with .5/.5 with xplornet!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2934 posts
445 upvotes
Alberta
andreid wrote: I ordered one for two teens gaming as they constantly complain of lagging here in rural B.C. The independent TELUS dealer had no idea of the product, ordered it and will call when in store to make an appointment with the technician. Hopefully, it will all work out.

These are also sold by ROGERS & BELL but as a mobility rather than internet item.
A quick read of the manual and there is a GPS in there... Like others have said, forget about moving, traveling, hacking.
What technician?? Why???
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2497 posts
1889 upvotes
Clarington
scouzer wrote: What technician?? Why???
Plugging something in can be wildly complicated
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2161 posts
481 upvotes
scouzer wrote: What technician?? Why???
The independent dealer little hand knew nothing about this product so one should not be surprised by her comment.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1049 posts
599 upvotes
AB
So returning my B890. Ordering the ZTE model instead.

The ZTE seems better over, with potential faster downloads, wireless 5ghz, and battery backup built in.

My B890 was requiring reboots nearing daily lately, signaling that something is wrong hardware wise on my unit.

Crossing my fingers the ZTE is better
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1049 posts
599 upvotes
AB
So returning my B890. Ordering the ZTE model instead.

The ZTE seems better over, with potential faster downloads, wireless 5ghz, and battery backup built in.

My B890 was requiring reboots nearing daily lately, signaling that something is wrong hardware wise on my unit.

Crossing my fingers the ZTE is better
Jan 21, 2003
279 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
Let us know how you find the ZTE, I'm about to set the B890 up for my parents and a bit worried now...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2934 posts
445 upvotes
Alberta
The B890 has a built in feature where you can set it to reboot itself once a day. I set that up from day 1, no problems.
Jan 21, 2003
279 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
scouzer wrote: The B890 has a built in feature where you can set it to reboot itself once a day. I set that up from day 1, no problems.
Ew... but that works I guess! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2161 posts
481 upvotes
I finally got the hub after some misunderstandings as on the OP deal page, TELUS gave addresses of dealers as well as a phone number to contact.
The dealer did order and received the ZTE device but could not activate a plan which can only be done on the phone directly by the user.

Insert the SIM and plug and play internet! It all works first time.

TELUS internet gives dl 0.88Mbps and ul 0.67 (measured with Google's tool and while dl a torrent) while the LTE hub gives dl 36.2 ul 2.
Yeah rural BC: the sheeps are nice but then the internet...
I will read the manual and see what can be tweaked. I suppose putting the device by the window is #1 priority.

Useful forum on the hub: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... ad-id/2783
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1365 posts
1206 upvotes
wow what a fantastic deal for rural people that exist in this region, hopefully this will quickly move across the country.
Oct 12, 2006
316 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
Do you know if they offer a static IP?