• Mar 13th, 2018 2:40 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto

Telus in Ontario (GTA)

Getting mixed messages here. How is Telus’ service in Ontario? Hear they use bell’s towers but they say they have their own towers (Telus CS). Have a bit spotty service in my condo unit via Rogers so looking to switch/shift but need to know about service first.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
They do have their own towers, but they also share towers with Bell. The service is as good as you're going to get. Could be your phone too. My wifes S6 gets terrible reception in our house (we live in a rural area) but I get very good reception with my A5. I used to get mediocre service with the Blu Life One X2. So it's definitely phone dependent
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
Since switching from Rogers to Telus in December I have noticed the following:

1. When I get service, my speeds are usually 50-100% faster than with Rogers (speed tests over 100 down)
2. Some places where I used to get an amazing signal, I get somewhat weaker signal (at work, I used to be right next to a Rogers tower, but I am now in the centre of a rather large triangle formed by the three nearest Bell towers). Service is still fine when I'm in my class or anywhere else near the edge of the building, but in certain offices/rooms closer to the centre of the building I'm at 0 signal.

Use this site to see the location of towers close to your residence, work, and anywhere else that you spend a lot of time at - https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Summary - Telus (i.e. Bell) service is better on average, but you may find that Rogers towers are closer to your most frequented locations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)