• Jul 12th, 2019 4:34 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton

TELUS - Peace of Mind - Smart Watch Plan $10 5GB No Data Overages

Hi All,

I know these new no overage plans are still overpriced, however if you are on one of them they have a pretty nice Smart Watch Peace of Mind plan to go with it now.

It's still $10, however it comes with 5gb of High Speed data (instead of 1GB like the old one) and also no overages.

After all these plan changes the carriers have been doing this one seems like the only decently priced plan (or add-on plan?). But of course the only caveat is that it only works with the new plans.. I also believe they have it for the iPad too but you have to pay $30 for it.

Anyway there might be a limited audience for this type of plan, but I felt like I still had to share it either way! For reference, I have added a snapshot of my plan change below.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
6 replies
Apr 15, 2010
189 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Jaylay14 wrote: Hi All,

I know these new no overage plans are still overpriced, however if you are on one of them they have a pretty nice Smart Watch Peace of Mind plan to go with it now.

It's still $10, however it comes with 5gb of High Speed data (instead of 1GB like the old one) and also no overages.

After all these plan changes the carriers have been doing this one seems like the only decently priced plan (or add-on plan?). But of course the only caveat is that it only works with the new plans.. I also believe they have it for the iPad too but you have to pay $30 for it.

Anyway there might be a limited audience for this type of plan, but I felt like I still had to share it either way! For reference, I have added a snapshot of my plan change below.
Was about to get one of these plans but I have a question. Does the smartwatch have its own number to make calls and texts?
[OP]
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
emann56 wrote: Was about to get one of these plans but I have a question. Does the smartwatch have its own number to make calls and texts?
The watch does get it's own number under your Telus account, however when you're sending/making calls it just uses the number that's associated with your actual phone. Well at least for the Apple Watch. Not too sure if it's the same or not with Android.
Jun 2, 2010
450 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
What does the “Data manager” do? I thought that was just for shareable plans.
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
[OP]
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
TheNightOwl wrote: What does the “Data manager” do? I thought that was just for shareable plans.
It still gives you the option to block data and set usage notifications. Which may be kind of useless now with these no overage plans.. haha
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3945 posts
2567 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I have a Telus acct and fido acct. Can I get this plan but have it associated with my fido number?
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
bomber17 wrote: I have a Telus acct and fido acct. Can I get this plan but have it associated with my fido number?
No you can't. Since this $10 smart watch plans is basically an add on to the Peace of Mind plan.