Price:
$25
Savings:
75%
Expiry:
June 30, 2017
Looks like the Pik media box is on sale for $25 instead of $100
The first month of service is free as well. After that it's $20/month base

Not a bad deal since you can try it out for a month and just cancel if you don't like it. I believe you can just return the hardware for your $25 back as well (or keep it for a cheap Android box)
Pik TV & Internet does not require a term contract. Service agreement required for duration of subscription. New Pik TV & Internet customers will receive a $150 bill credit with the purchase of the $25 Pik TV media box (reg. $100) and set up of new Pik TV & Internet subscription. Regular monthly price of $75 per month applies thereafter. Offer ends June 30, 2017. Existing TELUS Internet customers adding Pik TV will receive a $95 discount with the purchase of the $25 Pik TV media box (reg. $100) and set up of new Pik TV Subscription. Regular monthly price of $20 per month applies thereafter. Offers ends June 30, 2017. Offer available once per household. Not available to existing Optik TV or Satellite TV customers.
Last edited by BlueFyre on Jun 14th, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
61 replies
Jun 13, 2017
1 posts
Crap. I signed up for this a month ago and paid $100 for the box. I did however, get a $25 credit as a 'Thanks' from Telus.
Jul 17, 2007
96 posts
33 upvotes
Anyone has any experience with Telus Pik

It seems that not too many are aware of it because Telus is not promoting it as aggressively as other offers. When I called a few weeks ago to cancel my TelusTV, they haven't even mentioned it. I wish they would just provide an app instead of yet-another-Android box to add to my collection of media players.
Feb 18, 2013
683 posts
1296 upvotes
BlueFyre wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:52 pm
Here's a thread I found on it: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/187-tel ... ik-tv.html
One user mentioned it was pretty awful but for $5 for the first month I've got not much to lose

They also have the Pik TV app you can get on your other Android devices, but it'll count towards your bandwith
See https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .tvx.proda
The service is not being marketed to run on any hardware BUT the Pik TV official box. I don't believe the Pik TV app is supported on other boxes.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2007
287 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
Included with your TELUS Pik TV subscription, the Pik TV app5 lets you watch select shows on your tablet or smartphone. Access to some channels requires TELUS Internet.
It actually says they support taking it to go on your phone or tablet. I imagine it would work on anywhere you can install it really
Apr 28, 2017
214 posts
111 upvotes
BlueFyre wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:52 pm
Here's a thread I found on it: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/187-tel ... ik-tv.html
One user mentioned it was pretty awful but for $5 for the first month I've got not much to lose

They also have the Pik TV app you can get on your other Android devices, but it'll count towards your bandwith
See https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .tvx.proda
The person in that link doesn't seem to understand the service or is lying. He says you can't turn off subtitles on the app. Yes you can.
I use Pik TV. If anyone has questions let me know
May 24, 2011
942 posts
198 upvotes
BC
User381785 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 4:40 pm
The person in that link doesn't seem to understand the service or is lying. He says you can't turn off subtitles on the app. Yes you can.
I use Pik TV. If anyone has questions let me know
So Pik just lets you stream live TV to all your devices?
Sep 5, 2016
202 posts
61 upvotes
is this a android tv box? can i allow to install apps from google play store? if i switched off telus service i can install ip tv apps of third party? basically i want to know instead of buy a android tv box from ebay this become cheap alternate if full fill all android box requirements?
Jun 19, 2007
85 posts
14 upvotes
guru2gr8 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 5:32 pm
is this a android tv box? can i allow to install apps from google play store? if i switched off telus service i can install ip tv apps of third party? basically i want to know instead of buy a android tv box from ebay this become cheap alternate if full fill all android box requirements?

yes I want to know if I can install kodi on this?
Feb 5, 2008
792 posts
163 upvotes
Fraser Valley
It looks like its an Android TV box with Pik TV app installed. I tried to order it, but current TELUS Optik customers aren't eligible.
Apr 28, 2017
214 posts
111 upvotes
guru2gr8 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 5:32 pm
It's basically an android box. You can watch live TV from it. It's UI is kind of like Netflix. It's a lot less complicated than a real android box but it gives a lot less content as well. You still encounter commercials like real TV. It's for people who want a small amount of TV to watch.
To answer the guy before you, there's an app you can install on your device so you can access the PikTV content on the go.
To the last guy, existing customers ARE eligible
Nov 9, 2013
241 posts
48 upvotes
This is an Android TV box running the Leanback Launcher environment, similar to the Nvidia Shield, MiBox or Nexus Player. I don't know how well it runs in comparison to them but yes, you can install certain apps from the Google Play store, including Kodi. Basically any apk could be sideloaded but not all apps can run properly.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2695 posts
1473 upvotes
Markham
AB or BC only. Please put in OP/title.