Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

PikTV and Internet 150 for 85/mo (BC / AB only; for new customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 4:26 pm
Sep 19, 2007
409 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver

[Telus] PikTV and Internet 150 for 85/mo (BC / AB only; for new customers)

Just saw this deal, seems to be pretty good considering it's PikTV + Internet 150 + unlimited data. Seems to be individually priced at 10, 90, and 15 respectively
Seems to be only for new customers
Also you can get Internet 25 for 65/mo (not unlimited data though)
First month seems to be free, and you need to buy the PikTV box for $100 (or find one to elsewhere)
15 replies
May 26, 2017
41 posts
11 upvotes
I added it to cart and it says 1TB data limit on last step.
Sep 19, 2007
409 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe call it to confirm but this is what I saw before checking out:
Jul 12, 2008
107 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary
I recently ditched Telus 150 for Lightspeed 75. Got Telus 150 as soon as it was available in the community and over the years their "price increases" to "upgrade/maintain the level of service" got old real fast. I can see the same thing happening for this. Especially "incentives" for moving to traditional TV service......
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
Internet 150 is 1 Tb of data and not unlimited by default
Dec 14, 2016
277 posts
559 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Internet 150 is 1 Tb of data and not unlimited by default
Doesn't get more counter-intuitive than that.
Sep 11, 2010
217 posts
261 upvotes
These big three just don't understand the market. They always want you to either buy their hardware or subscribe to their internet connection in order to get a tv service.

Why can't they do the netflix approach and just create an app for almost any device known to man so you won't need additonal anything.
Aug 2, 2007
442 posts
258 upvotes
Seoul
onebuckz wrote: These big three just don't understand the market. They always want you to either buy their hardware or subscribe to their internet connection in order to get a tv service.

Why can't they do the netflix approach and just create an app for almost any device known to man so you won't need additonal anything.
They know exactly what theyre doing.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
I live a block from the closest Telus NOC. I used to have 100Mbps service with Telus two years ago before the Shaw 150 deal. Now the deal is almost up and I look to Telus and they don't want my business.

My address doesn't pull up in their system. Sometimes it can partially match and find my address, with a very obvious extra numbers in the street address, probably the cause of the address failing to match all the time. But even when it matches to the wrong but right address, it only offers 50Mbps service! WTF! On the Pik link I clicked from the OP, it couldn't find my address or the typo'd address. So no business with Telus for me.

Two years ago, I thought Telus was just months behind from getting 150Mbps service and figured by now there might even be 250Mbps service. So disappointed in Telus.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2017
1226 posts
980 upvotes
GVA
has anyone using it? how is the quality?
Jun 15, 2015
44 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
PIKTV is awesome about 9/10 times. It is the way to.go.if you do not want to record programs.

In saying that, they recently updated firmware and there are still issues. While watching Netflix it will kick you out to PikTv or other apps. You can read about it.by googling PikTv Telus forums.

I still think it's the way to go to have the essentials for tv, wife proof interface and get Plex on the side.

I was fortunate enough to get 150/ unlimited 45$ and pick for 10$ for a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1921 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
FIREfly83393 wrote: PIKTV is awesome about 9/10 times. It is the way to.go.if you do not want to record programs.

In saying that, they recently updated firmware and there are still issues. While watching Netflix it will kick you out to PikTv or other apps. You can read about it.by googling PikTv Telus forums.

I still think it's the way to go to have the essentials for tv, wife proof interface and get Plex on the side.

I was fortunate enough to get 150/ unlimited 45$ and pick for 10$ for a year.
Would you happen to know if Plex DVR would work with PikTV?

Edit: Would also appreciate reviews of Purefibre if people have them, my Shaw 150 contract is up and the upload on Telus is tempting me...
Last edited by blind56 on May 23rd, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
User381785 wrote: Internet 150 is 1 Tb of data and not unlimited by default
Ferrari on a go-cart track?
Sep 19, 2007
409 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
blind56 wrote: Would you happen to know if Plex DVR would work with PikTV?

Edit: Would also appreciate reviews of Purefibre if people have them, my Shaw 150 contract is up and the upload on Telus is tempting me...
Fiber is great. I switched from Shaw without any regrets. I use my own router with the fiber modem directly (skipping the Telus provided router). Low latency, fast uploads, and I haven't had any outages yet
Dec 27, 2017
98 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
blind56 wrote: Would also appreciate reviews of Purefibre if people have them, my Shaw 150 contract is up and the upload on Telus is tempting me...

Happy with the service; Pik TV replaced a barebones Shaw TV service on Gateway hardware I owned myself.

Pik w/150 internet is 5$ less a month than Telus 150 service alone, plus you get a free first month (not including the $20 uplift to Internet 150). I even got a $75 bill credit for the Media Box.

Plusses:
- Same total cost for internet, TV and my VoIP.ms phone service, but 150mbps instead of 30mbps from Shaw/Lightspeed.ca
- No contract whatsoever
- Internet service is solid

Cons:
- Less channel selection on Pik over Optik, but choices were sufficient for our needs
- No pause of live TV obviously as it's not a PVR

TV quality seems pretty good, no complaints. We were having all sorts of issues with Shaw / Gateway, volume drop outs, pixelated images - no issues noted with Pik.

Given there's no contract, no installation fee and very low startup cost (if any, but I would recommend the media box) ... it's not a bad deal for those who the service fits best: internet-centric users.

Minuses
- Miss the pause button for Live TV, but can live with that.