Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus: Refreshed 16gb iPhone 4s 16gb $349 - NO term

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2013 6:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 17, 2010
234 posts
152 upvotes
any good plan for people with their own phone? Most of you guys will go for paygo plans I guess?
Dec 14, 2009
111 posts
34 upvotes
Can't believe my luck. I ordered 2 of these and the warranties on both expires Nov 2012. Should I give it another go? So many on this forum got dates in 2013
Feb 8, 2012
183 posts
16 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I bought one as well and warranty ends on dec 2012. not much than yours Islqssns
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
Any experiences with Koodo unlocking the iphones from Telus? I like my plan with Koodo so it doesn't make sense going to Telus just to have the iphone unlock.

Thanks!
Mar 2, 2006
144 posts
35 upvotes
credit card can give additional 1 year warranty ,no?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa
charltonc wrote: Yeah, if you get the $99 extended warranty, you can completely replace your phone for another $49. (twice). This damage can be an accidental handling / water damage type.

http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/iphone.html

AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorized technicians.
What’s covered
Your iPhone
Battery1
Included earphones and accessories
Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,2 each subject to a $49 service fee
You can only buy the Apple Care + within 30 days of the original purchase date. You can buy the normal Apple Care within the year to extend the basic coverage to 2 years, which does not include accidental damage protection.

As for credit card warranties, it's always done by a 3rd party insurance company hired by the credit card company to match the products original warranty as best as they can.
Nov 14, 2006
586 posts
73 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Just checked my warranty: July 2013, but no Applecare. As a previous poster stated, I think Applecare+ can only be purchased within 30 days of original sale, but there is no regular Applecare option that I can find for iPhones (can anyone confirm?).
May 27, 2012
410 posts
26 upvotes
Hi team,

Does this all make sense?

1) So I can return my iPhone 5 (haven't used the 30 min talk time yet) get a refund for the iPhone 5 and the admin fee $35 .... and buy this iPhone 4s for $349 + tax and have NO contract? I would still stay with Rogers month to month... which leads me to...

2) Have we determined the best way to unlock this 4S phone... is it that link $50-60 on ebay... if someone could sum up in about one/two sentences, how do I unlock a phone through ebay? I don't know anything about this stuff.

3) Can I phone Telus and find out the warranty period before I buy the I4S... seems like some posters here are happy with warranty, others not so happy.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1332 posts
1189 upvotes
Montreal
You cannot find out ahead of time the warranty of the phone, it is based on the specific phone you are sent. If you are not happy with phone warranty just bring it back to store as per previous post.

For the unlock, the cheapest unlock is on ebay for 63 bucks and it takes up to 24 hours to get it unlocked.

Then you are good to go on any carrier!

JordanCameron wrote: Hi team,

Does this all make sense?

1) So I can return my iPhone 5 (haven't used the 30 min talk time yet) get a refund for the iPhone 5 and the admin fee $35 .... and buy this iPhone 4s for $349 + tax and have NO contract? I would still stay with Rogers month to month... which leads me to...

2) Have we determined the best way to unlock this 4S phone... is it that link $50-60 on ebay... if someone could sum up in about one/two sentences, how do I unlock a phone through ebay? I don't know anything about this stuff.

3) Can I phone Telus and find out the warranty period before I buy the I4S... seems like some posters here are happy with warranty, others not so happy.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
This deal seems kinda stank if you are going to add applecare and unlock...

$350 + $50 + $100... $500? WTF..
May 27, 2012
410 posts
26 upvotes
perfchris wrote: You cannot find out ahead of time the warranty of the phone, it is based on the specific phone you are sent. If you are not happy with phone warranty just bring it back to store as per previous post.

For the unlock, the cheapest unlock is on ebay for 63 bucks and it takes up to 24 hours to get it unlocked.

Then you are good to go on any carrier!
Hi! Thanks for the info. The Telus website says you have to request a return and they send you a shipping label, you can't go to store per Telus website.

Also, I would take out the Telus SIM card and put in my Rogers SIM card (from my deteriorated iPhone3GS)... after unlocking... right?

(This way my new 3-yr contract is voided if I return the iPhone 5 to the store and can continue month to month plan with iPhone 4S)

JC
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
JordanCameron wrote: Also, I would take out the Telus SIM card and put in my Rogers SIM card (from my deteriorated iPhone3GS)... after unlocking... right?
JC
No, your 3GS uses a standard sim, the 4/4S use a micro-sim. Order it on ebay to save yourself $6-7 over what rogers will charge you.
May 27, 2012
410 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks. I'm really on the fence about this one! I'm essentially getting a refund for the iPhone 5 hardware and no 3-yr contract to buy a refreshed 4S + micro SIM and go month to month... battery life seems negligible, once Winnipeg gets 4G I'll allegedly be drained.
Dec 14, 2009
111 posts
34 upvotes
Wow. Waited 48 minutes for a 2 minute conversation with Telus' webstore, to kick start a return
May 27, 2012
410 posts
26 upvotes
Hi team. Does refreshed mean at least reasonable battery life? What does refreshed mean? J
May 27, 2012
410 posts
26 upvotes
goofball wrote: No, your 3GS uses a standard sim, the 4/4S use a micro-sim. Order it on ebay to save yourself $6-7 over what rogers will charge you.
What approx is the cost of a Rogers micro SIM. Would probably feel safer buying straight from them.
Oct 6, 2001
187 posts
24 upvotes
lslqssns wrote: Wow. Waited 48 minutes for a 2 minute conversation with Telus' webstore, to kick start a return
You've done better than me. 6 emails, at least 3 hours on hold over the course of the last week and several voice mails. Haven't heard a damn word back from them. Getting very, very pissed-off with these clowns right now...
Dec 14, 2009
111 posts
34 upvotes
cellarboy wrote: You've done better than me. 6 emails, at least 3 hours on hold over the course of the last week and several voice mails. Haven't heard a damn word back from them. Getting very, very pissed-off with these clowns right now...
I feel for you. If it helps any I called around 11am EST,put my headset on while I worked and waited, and waited...
Oct 6, 2001
187 posts
24 upvotes
lslqssns wrote: I feel for you. If it helps any I called around 11am EST,put my headset on while I worked and waited, and waited...
When you do finally get through, do they email the return label or mail it?
Dec 1, 2002
912 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
For those considering this $60+ factory unlock... there are gevey trays that will unlock the 5.1.1 phones and you can get them under $10... Just checked gevey's website and it seems they just came out with an unlock for 6.0 and there are ebay seller selling that at $20... so you probably don't need to pay the $60 these guys are talking about... I understand you'll have to buy another card if they update, but does everyone have to update to the newest OS. right away? At these price you can last 3 IOS updates before you get to $60... Just wanted to give people another option for unlocking their phones.