None
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey

Telus ruining credit score

Hi there,

In January 2015, I got a phone from Telus on month to month plan, paid phone balance in full and cancelled the plan. I think there was like a week before I get to cancel it, so I had partial charge. I knew about it and was going to pay for it once the bill comes. That bill never came, they called me like a month or 2 later and I paid right away (actually in other cases, bill came 6 months later and I believe they were still fine).

Now, bank rep (I was applying for a credit card) pulled my report and told me that Telus posted several missed payments on my account. Is it possible to fix this? Can I talk to Telus and ask them to remove them? I would really appreciate any input. Thank you.
8 replies
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
wait for six months.

dont apply for any credit until march 2016.

meanwhile in those 6 months try to fix situations with telus.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey
supertronic wrote: wait for six months.

dont apply for any credit until march 2016.

meanwhile in those 6 months try to fix situations with telus.
Thanks. Why applying to credit would be bad? I am guessing it stays there for 7 years? Why March 2016?
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
massakk wrote: Thanks. Why applying to credit would be bad? I am guessing it stays there for 7 years? Why March 2016?
because if you got denied credit this month its better to wait until 6 months.

the more you apply the more risk you look to banks that why its good to not apply more than 3 times for a credit every yr. and just 2 limit increases.

also try to canadian tire or hudson bay cc.

big 5 banks are screw up if u dont have cc history.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey
supertronic wrote: because if you got denied credit this month its better to wait until 6 months.

the more you apply the more risk you look to banks that why its good to not apply more than 3 times for a credit every yr. and just 2 limit increases.

also try to canadian tire or hudson bay cc.

big 5 banks are screw up if u dont have cc history.
Actually, I wasn't denied. The rep said I was not affected that much by it because I have good credit history otherwise. It's just I am annoyed that Telus has done this and wanted to know if I could get it removed.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1736 posts
776 upvotes
Calgary
I am annoyed that Telus has done this and wanted to know if I could get it removed.
Telus didn't do this to you. You did it to yourself. You're not a victim
Indexer, non-yield chasing, low cost, broad based, as simple as possible investor.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
wm009 wrote: Telus didn't do this to you. You did it to yourself. You're not a victim
Good answer.
Unfortunately, many people here who have had credit issues seem to think they are victims.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Sep 10, 2014
533 posts
89 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
massakk wrote: Hi there,

In January 2015, I got a phone from Telus on month to month plan, paid phone balance in full and cancelled the plan. I think there was like a week before I get to cancel it, so I had partial charge. I knew about it and was going to pay for it once the bill comes. That bill never came, they called me like a month or 2 later and I paid right away (actually in other cases, bill came 6 months later and I believe they were still fine).

Now, bank rep (I was applying for a credit card) pulled my report and told me that Telus posted several missed payments on my account. Is it possible to fix this? Can I talk to Telus and ask them to remove them? I would really appreciate any input. Thank you.
So you knew you had an outstanding bill and did nothing to pay it for a month or two? The smart, responsible thing would have been to contact Telus and find out how much you owed; you did this to yourself.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2397 posts
1091 upvotes
wm009 wrote: Telus didn't do this to you. You did it to yourself. You're not a victim
Agreed. You were late paying it. You said yourself it didn't have a big impact. So why are you whining?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)