Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 30, 2010
292 posts
35 upvotes

Telus samsung galaxy discover, good?

Hi
i wander if anybody have purchased and tried the new prepaid from Telus.
Samsung galaxy Discover

good?

what is the exact model number?

where is the cheapest unlock code? (nothing on ebay so far)

thank you
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes, it is a good entry smartphone.

I got one for my wife on the prepaid plan last Thursday. It has the stock ICS 4.0.4 OS without touchwiz other craps, ext. MicroSD with 4g internal memory. No accessories avail. as the phone is too new. I tried the $15 unlock @ Pacific Mall, but the guy can't do it yet. Online $20 unlock is there if you want to do it now. The next step, I'll wait for the rooting instructions.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2010
292 posts
35 upvotes
thank you!
can you tell what is the exact model number shown in the settings?
SGH- SGT?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
Telus Samsung SGH-S730M
spitfir3 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2012 1:36 pm
thank you!
can you tell what is the exact model number shown in the settings?
SGH- SGT?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1238 posts
84 upvotes
I bought this phone and for the price i am quite impressed. $99 +tax from telus free shipping - arrived in 3 days.
Cheapest unlock code I found so far is $20. @ http://www.mobileincanada.com/
UI feels pretty quick and responsive with Android 4.0.4 ICS for only 800mhz single core.
Newer/larger 3d games will run but are a little laggy because of the cpu (Dead Trigger, Six Guns)
Decent amount of onboard memory (reports 2.75 GB available to use) + micro sd slot.
My only complaint is the camera has no flash and is only 3mp.
There are no accessories so far for the specific model because it is too new.
A screen protector for Samsung M830 Galaxy Rush should fit.
A case for Samsung Galaxy ACE Duos S6802 should fit.
I'm waiting for these to come in the mail before I unlock/activate it and start using it daily.
I will check this thread for a little while if anyone has questions or wants me to test a game or app on it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
I used the same unlock service last night. I'll look into the case you mentioned, I already got a $5 custom cut screen protector from Pacific Mall.
kev* wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 12:58 pm
I bought this phone and for the price i am quite impressed. $99 +tax from telus free shipping - arrived in 3 days.
Cheapest unlock code I found so far is $20. @ http://www.mobileincanada.com/

I'm waiting for these to come in the mail before I unlock/activate it and start using it daily.
I will check this thread for a little while if anyone has questions or wants me to test a game or app on it.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1238 posts
84 upvotes
Everything went ok with the unlock with them?
I haven't decided yet if I'll pay the $20 unlock to stay with rogers or just have my number transferred to telus since the $100 annual pay-as you-go +text add-on is basically the same with either.
I don't know why Rogers only puts out crap phones for pay-as-you-go.
The only reason I'd stay with rogers is because I think their coverage area is better up here.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes, it went fine. I used their service to unlock my S2 X before, $22.60 after taxes.

I completely agree with you about Rogers' crap phones. My wife moved from their month to month to Telus prepaid. I was with them for years and I finally left them last December.
kev* wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 1:43 pm
Everything went ok with the unlock with them?
I haven't decided yet if I'll pay the $20 unlock to stay with rogers or just have my number transferred to telus since the $100 annual pay-as you-go +text add-on is basically the same with either.
I don't know why Rogers only puts out crap phones for pay-as-you-go.
The only reason I'd stay with rogers is because I think their coverage area is better up here.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
can someone tell me if this phone has a mini sim or the regular size one? thinking of buying it and using it on speakout but dont want to have to cut the sim card down to fit.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1238 posts
84 upvotes
Regular sized sim card.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1238 posts
84 upvotes
kev* wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 12:58 pm
So I got the case in today and it fits perfectly. The screen protector is ok - could be a little wider and longer to cover the buttons more. Not sure if that is just the manufacturer or the design size.
p.s. Now that I'm replying to my own posts you can officially call me crazy. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1238 posts
84 upvotes
Anyone find a FM (over the air) radio app that works for this phone? It doesn't have one preloaded.
Dec 3, 2011
58 posts
Scarborough
How did you like the phone?

I have a HTC Wildfire S and I was considering buying this phone as a replacement. Of course I would have to unlock it to use on FIDO.

TIA
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks.

I'm gonna to order one now.
kev* wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 1:17 pm
So I got the case in today and it fits perfectly. The screen protector is ok - could be a little wider and longer to cover the buttons more. Not sure if that is just the manufacturer or the design size.
p.s. Now that I'm replying to my own posts you can officially call me crazy. :cheesygri
× < >