Jun 8, 2003
7474 posts
383 upvotes
Scarborough
I like the stock ICS OS.
runner2k wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 11:47 am
How did you like the phone?

I have a HTC Wildfire S and I was considering buying this phone as a replacement. Of course I would have to unlock it to use on FIDO.

TIA
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
I've been hoping for a sale on this phone either through telus or bb,fs or other store but nothing yet.... so while i wait has anyone who has bought it had any problems so far or is it still a nice cheap 4.0 phone? how is battery life on it?
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7474 posts
383 upvotes
Scarborough
The battery life is about same as my S2X running ICS. My wife used to have a SE Xperia Ray (was on sales for $100 a few months back) was much better due to its small screen. I have since sold it to my brother-in laws.
Keas wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:04 pm
I've been hoping for a sale on this phone either through telus or bb,fs or other store but nothing yet.... so while i wait has anyone who has bought it had any problems so far or is it still a nice cheap 4.0 phone? how is battery life on it?
Dec 6, 2008
293 posts
56 upvotes
not much info out there when you get a RFD hit on google when searching for ROMS. anyone know if the ACE roms can be used for this phone?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1229 posts
79 upvotes
This probably won't be as popular as the ACE and I would be surprised if it is able to be rooted.
I doubt the ACE roms will work but only way to find out is to brick a few phones I guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
Menace wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:05 pm
The battery life is about same as my S2X running ICS. My wife used to have a SE Xperia Ray (was on sales for $100 a few months back) was much better due to its small screen. I have since sold it to my brother-in laws.
did your wife have the Sony Xperia Ray or the Sony Erricson Xperia Ray? the first has a 3.3" screen and the latter has a 4.0" screen. reason i ask is i just purchased a refurbed of the Sony Xperia Ray (3.3" screen) and would like to know how she and you liked it if that is what you had.

Haven't received it yet and considering getting a Samsung S2X for 79.99+150 tab and 100$ gift card at BB or the Samsung Galaxy Ace II X for 150 on tab with 100$ gift card at BB through Koodo. going to the Best Buy store tomorrow to check the deals out.

I know how good the S2X is when working but not sure if i want to pay the extra money for it over the other if the ace is decent. trying to keep money tight since i recently upgraded my comp and after buying presents. this is my present for me this year.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7474 posts
383 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi Keas,

My wife had the former (3.3") and she loved it. "right size for my hands" she said. There are a few reasons I sold it to get Samsung Galaxy Discover. 1) She switched from m to m plan from Rogers to Telus Prepaid. There was a $20 credit when I activated the Telus account with the phone. 2) Xperia Ray's screen is too small for my hands, I always hit the wrong thing. My wife didn't care about it, but I did take care all the updates and maintenance....etc. 3) Xperia Ray's internal memory (400mb) isn't enough for the basic Android apps. Sure, I can move apps to the SD card, but only some apps can be done.

Xperia Ray's camera is much better than Discover (8 vs 3 megapixel) and its built quality is more polished like its bigger brother, Xperia Play.
Keas wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 2:15 pm
did your wife have the Sony Xperia Ray or the Sony Erricson Xperia Ray? the first has a 3.3" screen and the latter has a 4.0" screen. reason i ask is i just purchased a refurbed of the Sony Xperia Ray (3.3" screen) and would like to know how she and you liked it if that is what you had.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1229 posts
79 upvotes
Anyone find a barcode scanner that works on this phone? All the ones I've tried can't focus on the barcode to get a reading.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1136 upvotes
Mississauga East
Any cheap unlocks for this phone yet?
× < >