Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus - Samsung Slyde (m540) $99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2009 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan

[Telus] Telus - Samsung Slyde (m540) $99

Most likely you can just pick this in store and save yourself the shipping time, but for those who prefer it delivered to their door you can order from the web store here:

http://store.telusmobility.com/ab/pay__ ... phm540.htm

$99 + tax shipped to your door. $50 activation credit ONLY if activated under prepaid. Can be used on your existing number without extending your contract etc.

I looked, didnt see this so sorry if its a repost.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1005 posts
349 upvotes
BC
Don't forget you can activate on prepaid, use the credit for some fun downloads, then swap it over to your month-to-month if you want :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
schmoey wrote: Don't forget you can activate on prepaid, use the credit for some fun downloads, then swap it over to your month-to-month if you want :)
You can do that, but it takes more work, and Im lazy :p
Nov 25, 2007
313 posts
39 upvotes
I live in manitoba and recently purchased this phone for $229 plus tax (current no contract pricing here)...

Will this phone work on a normal plan (not prepaid etc)? Do you think they would match the price for a refund, it has been within 14 days.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1012 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
dotmerix wrote: I live in manitoba and recently purchased this phone for $229 plus tax (current no contract pricing here)...

Will this phone work on a normal plan (not prepaid etc)? Do you think they would match the price for a refund, it has been within 14 days.
Not likely. I doubt they'll refund your purchase.

Anyway, this looks like a decent deal. Are the call/call end buttons soft touch buttons or actual clicky buttons? I can't stand soft touch buttons...
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
dotmerix wrote: I live in manitoba and recently purchased this phone for $229 plus tax (current no contract pricing here)...

Yes it will work fine for a normal plan. Some stores won't let you buy a prepaid without activating it in the store. This is why Telus Client Care suggests going to Walmart, or other store and just buy the phone from them and then do an ESN Swap for $10 on mytelusmobility.com on your own.

Maybe you can just return your $229 phone and get the pay and talk for $50 and save the $180 towards your phone bill :) If they don't return it, call client care and tell the automated voice CANCEL SERVICE, and that will take you to loyalty and retention. They may put a $180 bill credit on your invoice instead.
Nov 25, 2007
313 posts
39 upvotes
I dont know why they wouldnt do it...

A, i'm within return policy time and B, Telus.com does cross shipping accross canada. I could just return the phone and order online couldnt i? And then just do a handset swap online on my account? Why wouldnt they just match the price in that case? Or am i missing something?

Keep in mind though, in Manitoba here we dont have the prepaid phones.. That's why i asked the original question if these phones will work with normal plans.. and that's why i'm saying i could argue i could buy it online have it shipped to my houes and do the handset swap myself.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
dotmerix wrote: I dont know why they wouldnt do it...

A, i'm within return policy time and B, Telus.com does cross shipping accross canada. I could just return the phone and order online couldnt i? And then just do a handset swap online on my account? Why wouldnt they just match the price in that case? Or am i missing something?

Keep in mind though, in Manitoba here we dont have the prepaid phones.. That's why i asked the original question if these phones will work with normal plans.. and that's why i'm saying i could argue i could buy it online have it shipped to my houes and do the handset swap myself.
They wont do a price match. If wherever you purchased it from is willing to take it back just do it then order online or go pick up the prepaid from another store.

Why they wont price match it? It is technically a different product than the one you purchased (though in reality they are the same, just in a different box)
Nov 25, 2007
313 posts
39 upvotes
If i order one online, i should have no problem activating it in Manitoba (Where we dont have prepaid phones) under my normal monthly plan then?

Thanks alot for the help guys... $130 is a lot of money to save if this will work.
Jan 8, 2007
192 posts
48 upvotes
dotmerix wrote: If i order one online, i should have no problem activating it in Manitoba (Where we dont have prepaid phones) under my normal monthly plan then?

Thanks alot for the help guys... $130 is a lot of money to save if this will work.
FYI: If you go to the Check Out it requires an Alberta billing address. So that makes ordering it online and shipping to Winnipeg difficult without a friend in Alberta.
Feb 24, 2007
664 posts
26 upvotes
Well as far as I know it can be shipped anywhere except manitoba. So if u have friends outside manitoba ship it to them.
Jan 8, 2007
192 posts
48 upvotes
towhytea wrote: Well as far as I know it can be shipped anywhere except manitoba. So if u have friends outside manitoba ship it to them.
Manitoba is available for shipping. :confused:
Jan 8, 2007
192 posts
48 upvotes
So remind me again, does the bill address need to match up with the Credit Card owners address? I have friends of friends in Alberta so I can get an address, but I would rather pay using my VISA and then ship to myself.

Would that work?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
noexistence wrote: So remind me again, does the bill address need to match up with the Credit Card owners address? I have friends of friends in Alberta so I can get an address, but I would rather pay using my VISA and then ship to myself.

Would that work?
Yes. But the shipping address doesn't. (I could be wrong on that too, the whole verified by Visa thing might be enough)

I am in Alberta and would be happy to forward this phone on to anyone who needs.
Aug 7, 2007
71 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Compare this phone to motorola:

1. Sound Quality
2. Reliability / Ruggedness / Durability
2. Speakerphone
3. Camera

People with this phone, share your experiences.
--------------------

The most handsome man in the world.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)