Computers & Electronics

Telus takes a step backwards in Customer Service.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 8:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2145 posts
801 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC

Telus takes a step backwards in Customer Service.

I've been with Telus for a number of years, switching to them from Shaw when Shaw's customer service went in the tank.
What I liked about Telus was that one could always contact a real person through their Chat line. Any issues or questions I had were always answered and resolved to my satisfaction. In other words, they were a good company to deal with.

But that's all changed.
Today I had a question that I couldn't seem to find an answer for on their site so I went to their Chat line. It didn't take long for a notice to come up telling me I was now talking to a Virtual Assistant. Wtf! Where are those real people that were so accommodating?
So I typed in my question and of course it couldn't answer it, instead referring me to a number of links that I had already viewed.
Next step was to fire off an email to them, with my question attached as well as what I thought of their Virtual Assistant. I'm sure I'll hear back from real person soon enough, but jesus, what a step backwards in customer service.

One of the main reasons I've not considered jumping ship was their great service. Now, I'll definitely be rethinking customer loyalty.

It kind of reminds me of Westjet lowering their customer service down to Air Canada's.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6109 posts
4569 upvotes
North York
they don't have a phone number for you to call and talk to someone? It's definitely going to be quicker, both for you and their time
Nov 30, 2012
19 posts
2 upvotes
South Surrey
konsensei wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:02 pm
they don't have a phone number for you to call and talk to someone? It's definitely going to be quicker, both for you and their time
When I have to deal with Telus (had to lately) it is a total pain. Depending on who knows why I either get the option to hang on to an open phone line for "more than an hour" or I get to provide a call back number and wait "more than an hour". Either way it is unacceptable service. When I first called about a vacation suspension they simply did not do it and I had to call back. Then when I check the bill a month later it is wrong, had to call back again to get it fixed. Ugh!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20471 posts
6575 upvotes
A step back?

They take so many steps back they may as well be sprinting backwards as the world's fastest man....