Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 17, 2010
255 posts
85 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Telus] Telus Team Webstore: Galaxy Nexus $552.49 + tax outright

This is the cheapest price that I have seen the Galaxy Nexus going for outright in Canada so far. It's selling for at least $599.99 most other places. Looks like you don't have to be a Telus customer to place an order but you do need a Telus Employee to send you a login.

This phone comes SIM unlocked from the factory as well, so no need to pay for an unlock code if your wanting to use it on a different network.

Link for Telus Team Webstore:
https://teamwebstore.telusmobility.com/index.htm

Here are a few answers to some frequently asked questions thanks to RFD user SovereigN:
SovereigN wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 8:58 pm
- Phone is penta band (will work with these carriers rogers, fido, chatr, bell, virgin mobile, telus, koodo, mobilicity, wind)
- Pentile screen
- Battery life will last 1-3 days for "average" user, and 1 day with "extreme" usage (this one is opinionated)
- Link to case recommendations on xda (extremely useful for case reviews)
- 4.65 inch, 16 gb hspa variant available so far
- Shipping by the webstore is stated as 3-5 days
If anyone has anything else that they would like me to add to the OP just post it and I'll update this info.

EDIT on March 9th: Phone is a couple months old now so this price isn't as hot as the first day it lost it's bell exclusivity in Canada. Still a decent price for a solid phone though at $552.49
371 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2003
1075 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks noticed this earlier and bought one :)
I like Maynards Gummies
Oct 14, 2008
32 posts
1 upvote
I'm going through to purchase the Galaxy Nexus at $2.49. It's not making me choose a plan. Any other Smartphone/Iphone makes me choose at least $50 in plan. Does this mean it will be pay-as-you-go. I'm fine with that for $2.49. lol
Sep 24, 2010
108 posts
26 upvotes
I only just learned about this Webstore from Telus. I'm actually with Bell and from Saskatchewan. I don't expect the phone itself to be a problem as it should be unlocked, but hopefully being a from a different province won't affect the purchase.

Does anyone know if Bell has a similar employee's discount site? I wouldn't mind having a look at the deals they're offering if such a site exists.

DAnke danke! :)
Nov 16, 2004
957 posts
11 upvotes
boojay wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 3:08 am
I only just learned about this Webstore from Telus. I'm actually with Bell and from Saskatchewan. I don't expect the phone itself to be a problem as it should be unlocked, but hopefully being a from a different province won't affect the purchase.

Does anyone know if Bell has a similar employee's discount site? I wouldn't mind having a look at the deals they're offering if such a site exists.

DAnke danke! :)

Can anyone confirm that phone is indeed unlocked when bought?
Dec 2, 2006
164 posts
37 upvotes
If you are a heavy usage person... Lots of games and browsing and so on, you may get the day out of it. I'd say I'm an avg user - and I get slightly more than a day out of it. I installed Juice Defender, but I only have it set at default settings, so I am not getting much benefit from it at the moment. I don't spend a lot of time away from a plug so I usually end up plugging in most of the time. LOL
Is it great battery life? No, I'd say it's just OK. There are extended batteries that you can buy that only slightly increases the thickness of the phone, so I'd suggest snapping up one of those if you are concerned.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1143 posts
72 upvotes
red_red wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 3:51 am
Can anyone confirm that phone is indeed unlocked when bought?
It is indeed UNLOCKED straight out of the box, and is PENTA-band so it can be used in Wind and Mibilicity's 3G data network.

Man, all these tempting Nexus prices... I want one but don't want one. CES phones are a'comin!
Aug 25, 2011
92 posts
13 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I heard Wind is getting this puppy soon as well. I wonder how much it will be on their wintab+ program
Nov 20, 2005
438 posts
3 upvotes
Can I used my old Telus phone and get discount on plans at Telus web store?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40900 posts
9836 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 3:12 am
Wait so you can buy It from the site for $552.49 + tax or pay $2.49 on a 3 year term with Telus?

Is that right? Also I logged on but I don't see any offer or anything regarding the Nexus!

I found it under smartphones Jimboski.

Great find OP
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2376 posts
360 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP, was wondering when this was going to show up in the teamwebstore.
Jan 2, 2007
257 posts
39 upvotes
Looks like you need to login to purchase? Is this deal available to all RFD members or just a select few "team" members? otherwise this post is of no use to the rest of us.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2376 posts
360 upvotes
Hamilton
cybr9 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2012 7:26 am
Looks like you need to login to purchase? Is this deal available to all RFD members or just a select few "team" members? otherwise this post is of no use to the rest of us.

You need a login from a telus employee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)