Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus: Amazon echo Plus $129.99, free amazon prime one year, free Phillips led bulb.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 10:56 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12920 posts
4594 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the chance of getting this deal again this year and have Telus not charge me again for the Echo? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oct 21, 2013
193 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just picked up the Echo Plus (2nd gen), Philips light bulb + 1 yr PRIME for $139 + tax.

Telus employee did tell me they've capped the promo @ 2,100 total orders - so heads up!
Feb 10, 2004
879 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
paperplanez wrote: Just picked up the Echo Plus (2nd gen), Philips light bulb + 1 yr PRIME for $139 + tax.

Telus employee did tell me they've capped the promo @ 2,100 total orders - so heads up!
Was this instore? Did you get a voucher for the Prime membership? If so was there an expiry date? Thanks.
Oct 21, 2013
193 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
killer_chan wrote: Was this instore? Did you get a voucher for the Prime membership? If so was there an expiry date? Thanks.
In-store, no voucher, they take your email and tell you one will be sent out (employee did it for himself on Friday, got one email within an hour, I havent received anything yet).

Last year, fulfillment was a nightmare and my code didn't come until a solid month after purchase.
Nov 7, 2003
855 posts
265 upvotes
paperplanez wrote: In-store, no voucher, they take your email and tell you one will be sent out (employee did it for himself on Friday, got one email within an hour, I havent received anything yet).

Last year, fulfillment was a nightmare and my code didn't come until a solid month after purchase.
where?
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!

Koodo $40 6GB plan
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs

#ImCoolNow
May 3, 2016
490 posts
283 upvotes
paperplanez wrote: In-store, no voucher, they take your email and tell you one will be sent out (employee did it for himself on Friday, got one email within an hour, I havent received anything yet).

Any proof in case it doesn't show up ? Like something on the receipt etc?
Oct 21, 2013
193 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
325i wrote: where?
I just bought mine from the Telus Store on York street (Toronto).

Receipt doesnt have any info about it AFAIK, just the sale date/time.
Feb 10, 2004
879 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto

Thanks for the quick response. Was there any indication of expiry on the voucher... I'm on the Stack deal and can't use the Telus voucher till next Jan.
Jun 7, 2017
139 posts
581 upvotes
paperplanez wrote: Just picked up the Echo Plus (2nd gen), Philips light bulb + 1 yr PRIME for $139 + tax.

2nd gen? Are you sure?
Echo Plus is not like Echo Dot(3nd gen), there are only two gen Echo Plus for now.
The second Echo Plus is the newest one which was released on October 11, 2018.
Oct 21, 2013
193 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
killer_chan wrote: Thanks for the quick response. Was there any indication of expiry on the voucher... I'm on the Stack deal and can't use the Telus voucher till next Jan.
Nothing about expiry was indicated during this year's discussion, however looking at the same deal I got last year, when Telus sent the code, the bottom of the email said "Must redeem by [insert expiration date here]" and that date field was never filled out.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3234 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
killer_chan wrote: Thanks for the quick response. Was there any indication of expiry on the voucher... I'm on the Stack deal and can't use the Telus voucher till next Jan.
did you not read the post that you quoted ?

it clearly says that he did not get a voucher :facepalm:
Feb 10, 2004
879 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
paperplanez wrote: Nothing about expiry was indicated during this year's discussion, however looking at the same deal I got last year, when Telus sent the code, the bottom of the email said "Must redeem by [insert expiration date here]" and that date field was never filled out.
Thanks, hoping it will be the same this yr.
Nov 7, 2003
855 posts
265 upvotes
paperplanez wrote: I just bought mine from the Telus Store on York street (Toronto).

Receipt doesnt have any info about it AFAIK, just the sale date/time.
I just called that location - only the old version is $139....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!

Koodo $40 6GB plan
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs

#ImCoolNow
Apr 28, 2015
64 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I can answer alot of questions ppl have:

Its $129/$139 for the echo+prime/echo plus(gen 1)+prime+hue

They email you the prime codes at later date(no given date but i had 0 issues last year)

If you dont get codes after a few days, you just call customer service and they will sort it out(right from info email at telus store)

This promo is only for first 2100 sales of units(again right from email at telus store)

Not many stores have the hue bulb so if your looking for that, call first and dont dally. I just got 2 echo plus’ with hue from a store and was all they had.

GL on hunting these down everyone! :)