Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus Internet 150 now comes with 150mbit upload, priced the same as 50, and free unlimited, Telus FTTH areas only

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2016 8:36 pm
Apr 27, 2013
22 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Can anyone point me to the shaw deal? I would like to call Telus and see if I can negotiate my bill.

I currently have: home phone, internet, TV, with my monthly total being 203.73 (this is with my discounts). My Bill will go up about another $53 monthly in about 2 months.

I have standard home phone, internet 100, and Optik TV (Pick 8 & Movies + TMN/HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
X-Nemesis wrote: Meanwhile in Ontario, lack of competition, availability and pricing abounds in both wired and wireless.

Thanks CRTC.
BC Has the same amount of large carriers in terms of non-wireless internet.

Shaw (Togers doesn't have internet in BC)
Telus (Bells doesn't have Internet in BC)

That's about it.
Nov 27, 2013
439 posts
227 upvotes
Lol who can actually get 150Mbit with Telus. I was looking at the Edmonton map and it's a joke. In my area there are no plans to get it at all. The area that can actually get it, is a small area in downtown.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
saulin wrote: Lol who can actually get 150Mbit with Telus. I was looking at the Edmonton map and it's a joke. In my area there are no plans to get it at all. The area that can actually get it, is a small area in downtown.
Pretty sure everyone who has 150 from Telus is on RFD bragging about it. Elite club indeed.
Nov 16, 2015
312 posts
460 upvotes
Calgary
Very few people are actually eligible to get more than 50/100 Mbps from Telus. They just happen to all be members here ;)

My area is "years away" according to one tech I spoke with.
Mike | Web Developer | Small Business Marketing & SEO
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
saulin wrote: Lol who can actually get 150Mbit with Telus. I was looking at the Edmonton map and it's a joke. In my area there are no plans to get it at all. The area that can actually get it, is a small area in downtown.
I know. My neighbourhood has partial fibre coverage, yet I was told my house would have fibre "next year". That's later than some of the older neighbourhoods getting fibre by 2016
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
Fibre area only to get this
If you are not in fibre area

Only few people can get this
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
If you aint fibre now. You will never get fibre for a long long long long time. And maybe never
Lol
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
mrhector wrote: Love the speed boost, my usenet stuff downloads at around 200 (20MB/s) now. Since it's fibre I wonder if they could potentially offer 1Gb service in the future. I'm still jealous of my friend in Burnaby getting 1Gb up and down. :P
Just FYI, 20 mb/s = 160 mbps, not 200. Just divide megabit by 8 to get Megabyte and times by 8 to get Megabit. That's still an awesome speed and another reason usenet blows away torrents as far as I'm concerned. :)
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Still with Shaw here but decided to give Telus a try for once. Love the idea of 150 mbps upload speed and unlimited bandwidth sounds ideal since I usually push close to 400 every month and watch my usage regularly.

That being said, any NEW TELUS CUSTOMERS getting better than the online price of $47 for the first 3 months and $80 after WITHOUT A 2 YEAR AGREEMENT?

I've read a ton of existing Telus customers on all 3 threads calling in to retentions and getting amazing deals but haven't seen a lot of new customers getting great deals. If so, willing to share your secret? Called in twice and both times they only offered exactly what was online no matter how nice I was.
Apr 27, 2013
22 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
RedDeals4Me wrote: Can anyone point me to the shaw deal? I would like to call Telus and see if I can negotiate my bill.

I currently have: home phone, internet, TV, with my monthly total being 203.73 (this is with my discounts). My Bill will go up about another $53 monthly in about 2 months.

I have standard home phone, internet 100, and Optik TV (Pick 8 & Movies + TMN/HBO)
Was planning to switch to Shaw, eventually retentions got a hold of me and offered me internet 150 unlimited, with my same phone and TV package, and also gave me CraveTV and 5 TV boxes for $100.00 for 1year.
May 31, 2007
207 posts
17 upvotes
Turns out the CSR was incorrect. With 2 lines, I'm getting 105 down and 29 up - that makes more sense; 100/100 would have been too good to be true with 2 phone lines.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
I recently changed from Shaw to Telus (it's been only a week)
I decided to give them a call to inquire about $100 credit as well as upgrading it to 150/150 (from Internet 50 at $30/mo for the first 3 mo)

1. Chat
Couldn't help me at all. Gave me a bunch of numbers to call. On the website they had 1-888-811-2323 but this rep gave me a different number 1-877-310-4638.

2. Phone
Got held up for 52 minutes. Talked to one rep, she didn't know what to do, transferred to another rep (1-877-310-5588) from billing.
She said switching credit is only for customers with TV installation. I only had Internet, so no luck.
My area didn't have 150/150 so they offered 100/20 for $85 (or $60 for the first 3 months). I ended up not taking the offer.

Didn't get what I wanted, but I guess I'll switch to Internet 100 after taking advantage of $30 deal for the first 3 months,
as Telus's Internet 100 would probably be a better deal than Shaw Internet 60 as they cost the same.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)