Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus Optik Internet 50 Student Discount: $40/month (Half Price)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 7:33 am
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1299 posts
1114 upvotes
Vancouver
SimpsonsFana wrote: No go with the $50 visa card. They said I had to sign up for a 2 year contract.
Existing customer?
Dec 26, 2011
623 posts
229 upvotes
Is the student even that good?

They are running generic promotions right now for Internet 50 for $25 a month for 6 months. As long a you can negotiate a sub $55 a month deal after 6 months that runs even with the student deal. Anything lower and you are ahead.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
68 posts
52 upvotes
Prince George, BC
verby wrote: how do I get this deal? I've been with them since last year (student) and plan expires in a couple of weeks. Do I just call them to extent/change it?
New customer means someone who never had this service?
Instructions on how I got it are in the post.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
68 posts
52 upvotes
Prince George, BC
arandomguy wrote: Is the student even that good?

They are running generic promotions right now for Internet 50 for $25 a month for 6 months. As long a you can negotiate a sub $55 a month deal after 6 months that runs even with the student deal. Anything lower and you are ahead.

I am happy with the deal.

The generic promo you mention is for new customers only and is the bundled price (unbundled is $30/mo and only for 3 months, $80/mo therafter). It's not an option for a current single-service customer like myself and others.

In my experience, it is difficult to negotiate that much off a plan when you have only been sub'd for 6 months. If you look at the unbundled price for the promo you would have to negotiate pricing close to the student deal for the remaining 9 mo. just to make it equal in pricing.

After you hit the 1 yr mark with your promo/negotiated deal you have to come up with a new game plan. Not worth the trouble IMO. For me I will just have to spend a couple minutes to renew the student deal again at $40 (or whatever they set it at) rather than be a frequent flyer with the retentions dept.