Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus PikTV is now only $10!! (BC / AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2764 posts
1626 upvotes
Pickering, ON
we need deals like this in Ontario!!!
#WeTheNorth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1246 posts
1039 upvotes
Vancouver
dpolites wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:11 pm
Any idea if you can get Pik TV without Telus internet? Meaning get it with your own non-Telus internet connection?
At this time it is not available for non Telus internet customers.
Leverage wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:26 pm
This is a very recent price change - that rep just might not be aware. Think of all the products, promos, etc each rep has to try to memorize.

Ask to speak with another rep or a supervisor, and quote the https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/ Terms & Conditions which now states:
This is correct! PikTV is still a very new product and reps are not being trained correctly. I will forward that to our call center team to ensure proper training is provided.

PikTV is $10 ongoing right now. It is not expired, but if you are having troubles then message me.
Jul 19, 2003
24 posts
4 upvotes
Leverage wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:38 pm
The $20 base rate is incorrect in that screenshot, but the additional $12 is because you added 3 extra premium channels @ $4/each, on top of the 2 bundled in the base rate.
Is there a chart that shows premium channels?? When ordering AMC, CNN, etc it does not indicate that is a premium channel or that there would be an additional cost. Or is that b/c for the 1st month it would be free?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1246 posts
1039 upvotes
Vancouver
justlookingaround wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:41 pm
Is there a chart that shows premium channels?? When ordering AMC, CNN, etc it does not indicate that is a premium channel or that there would be an additional cost. Or is that b/c for the 1st month it would be free?
The PikTV includes 5 "pik" channels for free. Each additional channel is $4. The premium channels like sports and hbo are priced accordingly.
Nov 9, 2013
242 posts
48 upvotes
pvp wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:07 pm
I tried. Phone apk would install but get stuck on splash screen, and apk extracted from piktv would not even install.
So, that is why I was wondering if anybody else had any success.
Really? Damn, you're the first person I've heard of actually extracting the apk from the piktv box. No luck eh? That really limits my desire to try this out...
Jul 3, 2002
865 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone tried connecting a better remote/keyboard? I was hoping to use an Rii i8+ but it isn't recognized. And is there a better internet browser than Puffin TV available for Android TV?

Other than these two issues, I am happy with Pik TV. Time to get rid of my other TV subscription.
Oct 26, 2015
75 posts
69 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:36 pm

Really? Damn, you're the first person I've heard of actually extracting the apk from the piktv box. No luck eh? That really limits my desire to try this out...
I also tried extracting from piktv to my mibox and it would not install.
herc wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:53 pm
And is there a better internet browser than Puffin TV available for Android TV
Use the mic button on the remote, while on the home screen to launch google search and say “Launch Chrome.” It doesn’t really work well without a keyboard and mouse though. Otherwise, it’s just puffin.
Oct 26, 2012
10 posts
40 upvotes
CALGARY
raptorsfever wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:35 pm
It actually costs more than $20... interesting!

If you click on the green "Add or Remove Channels" button, it will shows you the correct pricing:
Images
  • PikTV.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1423 posts
63 upvotes
Anyone with Optik been able to get Pik as a trial?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1246 posts
1039 upvotes
Vancouver
seagull2 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:19 pm
If you click on the green "Add or Remove Channels" button, it will shows you the correct pricing:
Thanks for this! We are doing our best to track these website glitches.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1681 posts
1139 upvotes
Calgary
Really liking it so far. No PVR but on demand access for subscribed channels.
Oct 20, 2012
32 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is there some reason I can't get the NHL.TV/Gamecentre app on the PikTV box?

The Google Play store on the device seems incredibly limited. A search of "NHL" on my phone returns hundreds (if not thousands) of results, from the official app to crappy fan apps. A search of "NHL" on the PikTV box returns nothing.

I thought since this was running Android it had access to any Android app?

edit: I know I should be able to install Kodi and then use one of the NHL add-ons, I was hoping to switch to being able to use the native app though, getting tired of troubleshooting constant Kodi/add-on issues.
Nov 15, 2013
162 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Any word if This is bring their services to Ontario soon ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)