Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus PikTV is now only $10!! (BC / AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
Tags:
Feb 3, 2008
534 posts
65 upvotes
GTA
SynGamer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:09 pm
Any word if This is bring their services to Ontario soon ?
Unlikely given they probably don't have broadcasting rights in ON.
Ebay 47-0
Heatware 3-0 FS
Jul 3, 2002
865 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
BritishColumbian wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:45 pm
Do you really need to have this on WIFI? There's no CAT5 port?
I have mine hooked up using an Ethernet cable. No need to use wifi if you don't want.
Oct 26, 2015
75 posts
69 upvotes
eggsbenedict wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:42 am
Is there some reason I can't get the NHL.TV/Gamecentre app on the PikTV box?

The Google Play store on the device seems incredibly limited. A search of "NHL" on my phone returns hundreds (if not thousands) of results, from the official app to crappy fan apps. A search of "NHL" on the PikTV box returns nothing.

I thought since this was running Android it had access to any Android app?

edit: I know I should be able to install Kodi and then use one of the NHL add-ons, I was hoping to switch to being able to use the native app though, getting tired of troubleshooting constant Kodi/add-on issues.
Try sideloading the mobile version. The android TV play store and the Mobile Android Play store are different.
BritishColumbian wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:45 pm
Do you really need to have this on WIFI? There's no CAT5 port?
There is 100% a cat5 port on the back of the box. The MiBox ATV box is wifi only out of the packaging(you can buy usb to ethernet adapter.)
Feb 27, 2008
160 posts
40 upvotes
Has anyone tried to use the PIK android box remote to control the volume. Mine auto connects to tv volume. I want it to just manage the volume on the android box.
I have connected my tv to surround sound home theatre system so changing tv volume isn’t any use for me and I don’t think Pik box remote can linkup with Samsung home theatre system.
Jun 3, 2016
14 posts
39 upvotes
Ordered Pik TV a week ago and have been using it since - no complaints at all!

Would recommend this to anyone who's looking to have content on their TV without having to search for stuff on Youtube and Netflix.
Jun 23, 2015
54 posts
29 upvotes
Campbell River, BC
nurddin wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:13 am
Has anyone tried to use the PIK android box remote to control the volume. Mine auto connects to tv volume. I want it to just manage the volume on the android box.
I have connected my tv to surround sound home theatre system so changing tv volume isn’t any use for me and I don’t think Pik box remote can linkup with Samsung home theatre system.
Remote codes are for Televisions only. Audio receivers etc maybe added in the future.
Jun 26, 2017
13 posts
dealguy2 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 3:49 pm
Same here any work arounds?
I'm currently on a retention deal for Optik TV until May 2018. After this date, if I cannot negotiate the cost of TV down to something reasonable again, I am willing to cancel the service completely. This deal with Pik TV is priced in a way that I would keep TV service with Telus at $10 base per month. But unfortunately, I cannot sign up because of the "Pik TV is not available for Optik TV customers" error message.

@HoboEater - Any help with this?
Sep 20, 2007
618 posts
161 upvotes
GVRD
larryperry wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:13 am
I'm currently on a retention deal for Optik TV until May 2018. After this date, if I cannot negotiate the cost of TV down to something reasonable again, I am willing to cancel the service completely. This deal with Pik TV is priced in a way that I would keep TV service with Telus at $10 base per month. But unfortunately, I cannot sign up because of the "Pik TV is not available for Optik TV customers" error message.

I had to cancel OptikTV to get PikTV. So, I'm on PikTV now. It's okay. There are some features missing on Pik; no PVR features (record, pause, replay), not all program is available through on-demand (no news). I might go back to Optik as my wife isn't too happy with the service. The PikTV android box is pretty good. I'm using it for Netflix and Kodi, and pretty happy about it. Compare to my old Nexus Player box, it's definitely faster and responsive.
Jun 26, 2017
13 posts
ndy4eva wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:18 am
I had to cancel OptikTV to get PikTV. So, I'm on PikTV now. It's okay. There are some features missing on Pik; no PVR features (record, pause, replay), not all program is available through on-demand (no news). I might go back to Optik as my wife isn't too happy with the service. The PikTV android box is pretty good. I'm using it for Netflix and Kodi, and pretty happy about it. Compare to my old Nexus Player box, it's definitely faster and responsive.
OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks also for the review - that's very helpful. Good to know that any news cannot be replayed through on-demand but is viewable live only.
Feb 27, 2008
160 posts
40 upvotes
Is there away to just use the remote to control volume of the android box. I tried but it always links to tv volume :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1246 posts
1039 upvotes
Vancouver
larryperry wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:13 am

Contact retention/loyalty! They're the only people that have the ability to help you transfer to PikTV from OptikTV.
Sep 20, 2007
618 posts
161 upvotes
GVRD
herc wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:53 pm
Has anyone tried connecting a better remote/keyboard? I was hoping to use an Rii i8+ but it isn't recognized. And is there a better internet browser than Puffin TV available for Android TV?

Other than these two issues, I am happy with Pik TV. Time to get rid of my other TV subscription.
You can plug in USB keyboard on the USB port on the back. I used Logitech keyboard/mouse combo to set up Kodi addons. Keyboard worked just fine, but mouse pointer didn't show up. I didn't actual needed a mouse so I didn't look into further.
Dec 12, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
nurddin wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:14 pm
no updates on this??
Have you tried going into your TV system settings and looking for or changing the AnyNet+ options?
Jul 2, 2016
47 posts
10 upvotes
nurddin wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:54 am
Is there away to just use the remote to control volume of the android box. I tried but it always links to tv volume :(
I think the box *DOES NOT* have its own volume similar to nexus player, for me the volume in the remote controls either the tv volume or the connected soundbar.

*Edited*
Last edited by bornokjudak on Nov 14th, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.