Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus PikTV is now only $10!! (BC / AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 3:45 am
Tags:
Oct 5, 2004
891 posts
742 upvotes
Vancouver
Do note, box doesn't work with Google home so that's a big disappointment.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9776 posts
988 upvotes
Vancouver
ken604 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:49 pm
Thx, finally decided to order it...It's still $10/month (1st month free) and $25 for the box.
Call in or is it on the website for $10?
Dec 27, 2017
97 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HoboEater wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
New customers get internet and PikTV at a combined cost. It's a special package where you can choose an add-on to upgrade from internet 25 to internet 150 with unlimited data.
Is BNN likely to be a channel option for Pik customers? It's not a deal killer if not (BNN has a subscription option direct), but I am wondering about channel availability growth in general more as a curiosity. What about FX? I'd love to catch up on episodes of The Americans. ;-)

I like the overall idea of Pik... we watch very little broadcast TV and have an OTA setup if we really wanted to, but watch few non broadcast selections - CBC NW, HGTV, Food, BNN and the ubiquitous Netflix.

One question related to FX - Telus is a supported provider on the FX Canada website - one can log on and see old and current episodes (I presume... Shaw is not a supported provider). As a Pik customer would I be able to access that content or is that restricted to Optik customers?

Former (looong) time ago Telus customer with a Telus fibre drop at my home, seriously considering this, American's or not.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4247 posts
371 upvotes
Calgary
Lately wifi reception on this android box ain’t so great. It’s either that, the channels themselves, not too sure as the other devices around the house gets wifi just fine. The channels would stutter and freeze, requiring a reboot. The price is right, just wished the service is more reliable.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Jun 23, 2017
47 posts
17 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:23 pm
Call in or is it on the website for $10?
I have Telus 50 internet with them. I logged into my Telus account and added it.
Oct 27, 2015
35 posts
19 upvotes
Kamloops
a_dee wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:22 pm
Do note, box doesn't work with Google home so that's a big disappointment.
You mean the PikTV service doesn't. YouTube and Spotify works fine with Google Home.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9776 posts
988 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks! I have 50 as well. My buildings max for Telus.
Oct 5, 2004
891 posts
742 upvotes
Vancouver
ausphil wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:43 am
You mean the PikTV service doesn't. YouTube and Spotify works fine with Google Home.
No, YouTube didn't work for me, what's the trick?
Jul 16, 2012
588 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
What is the resolution 720p?

Just ordered current standalone Internet sub...just the basic channels plus a few extra ones is not too shabby for ten bucks a month also streaming doesn’t count towards monthly data usage.
Last edited by canucks4life on Jan 13th, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 9, 2013
401 posts
86 upvotes
Has anyone opted to subscribe to the HBO add-on? I'm wondering if the on demand content is solely through the TMN GO mobile app or actually available within the PikTV app?
Oct 27, 2015
35 posts
19 upvotes
Kamloops
a_dee wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:46 am
No, YouTube didn't work for me, what's the trick?
Go to settings, display, cast on your phone. Does PikTV show up on there? I don't recall having to do anything, it just worked. I can ask "Hey Google, play the latest Star Wars trailer on TV" and it will play on YouTube .
Nov 26, 2003
104 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
how does this work? is it like an ip service? what if the box is connected to a wifi that is non telus?
Jul 16, 2012
588 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
shadowbreaker_z3 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:53 am
how does this work? is it like an ip service? what if the box is connected to a wifi that is non telus?
My understanding you need to have Telus Internet service in order to get Pix TV.
Aug 14, 2013
157 posts
98 upvotes
CALGARY
Not sure if this is allowed here- if not, delete it
Don’t waste your time with this. Get a fire stick or any other android box. Of if you have an android phone and chrome cast. Install terrarium tv for tv shows and movies. Livenettv for live channels. Enjoy!
Nov 9, 2013
401 posts
86 upvotes
shadowbreaker_z3 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:53 am
Its basically IPTV through an app. Telus states it will only work through their internet service.
ronak137 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 2:13 pm
Not sure if this is allowed here- if not, delete it
Don’t waste your time with this. Get a fire stick or any other android box. Of if you have an android phone and chrome cast. Install terrarium tv for tv shows and movies. Livenettv for live channels. Enjoy!
Android TV is a good OS if you're primarily an Android user (Google Play etc) and prefer a leanback/remote type of experience over casting. I can't speak to the quality of PikTV but less-than-legal BS is not a legit substitute for a legal paid service. At least Telus is trying something new.