Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus PikTV is now only $10!! (BC / AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 3:45 am
Tags:
Jul 29, 2007
585 posts
283 upvotes
North America
So, if I go for a Student Internet Deal (like $40) and then $10 for PikTV, and then $10 for home phone, would that work for Telus?
I haven't called, but has anyone got a deal with them with Student Discount, PikTV and home phone? I might have to TOFTT!
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Sep 3, 2005
57 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
So for the $100 you buy the box, but does anyone know if you cancel the PikTV subscription at some point will the box still function with other apps like netflix or plex?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1296 posts
1110 upvotes
Vancouver
Saltywetguy wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:48 pm
So, if I go for a Student Internet Deal (like $40) and then $10 for PikTV, and then $10 for home phone, would that work for Telus?
I haven't called, but has anyone got a deal with them with Student Discount, PikTV and home phone? I might have to TOFTT!
Student internet is no longer available. But yes, its $10 on top of your existing services.
arrush wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:52 pm
So for the $100 you buy the box, but does anyone know if you cancel the PikTV subscription at some point will the box still function with other apps like netflix or plex?
The box is $25 if you are with Telus or you are signing up as a new customer. The box is still fully functional if you cancel. The live TV works by logging into the PikTV app.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1339 posts
1555 upvotes
HoboEater wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:54 am
Good to hear you're enjoying it! I can't wait to use mine.

From the PikTV faq session I recall that they did mention you can buy another box at London Drugs for $100 to run on another TV just by logging in to your account. The PikTV box isn't actually connected to your account, you just login and they make sure the ip information matches. The OneSource does state that only one box per account though.
This isn’t true at all. It’s one box per account
Mar 28, 2015
145 posts
33 upvotes
Rural AB
Sounds a good deal
I currently have the Telus Smart Hub for internet and would
be interested in this tv offer if it works with the Smart hub
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4682 posts
1075 upvotes
Vancouver
etherboy wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:07 pm
$10... I'm pretty sure it's right in the OP.
yeah ur right.thanks but i dont see the price for $25 box; it says 100$. i was thinking of cancelling my optik and go with this and use the savings towards unlimited internet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1296 posts
1110 upvotes
Vancouver
hesp wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:27 pm
yeah ur right.thanks but i dont see the price for $25 box; it says 100$. i was thinking of cancelling my optik and go with this and use the savings towards unlimited internet.
You need to call loyalty in order to switch to PikTV.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1544 posts
98 upvotes
HoboEater wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:59 pm
Can I keep Optik and try out PikTV for a month before I cancel Optik?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4682 posts
1075 upvotes
Vancouver
HoboEater wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:59 pm

yeah that's what the telus CSR online said but I'm stuck on the contract so wondering if they will waive since I'm just wanting to switch
Oct 24, 2012
27 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
Question for OP..

I just went to the Telus website and looked at the Pik TV information. Under the section where it shows all the channels, all the "Basics" channels appear to be Vancouver based. CBC Vancouver, Global Vancouver, etc. Is this the case even if I live in Calgary? I'm real tempted to sign-up, but if I'm not getting local news, it loses a lot of value for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1390 posts
5544 upvotes
Another +1 for this service, TELUS recently launched a browser version for PikTV customers to stream live TV/on-demand on other devices using a web browser:

http://telus.com/watchpik
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1082 posts
184 upvotes
If you are subscribed to Pik, can you find app and download it to other platforms such as Android tablet / iPad or other iOS devices ?

I believe this is something similar to Free Range but with Free Range, you get it for free with your shaw sub and it doesn't have limit on how many devices can access it. The big downfall is it does not allow to be hooked up to TV.
Aug 3, 2014
131 posts
190 upvotes
Surrey, BC
anyone else notice that the Pik TV site on Telus is now disappeared?
Oct 8, 2011
836 posts
2191 upvotes
I'm talking to the representative on the phone and they're telling me I don't need a box at all. I just pay 10$ a month. Is this true? Am I being bamboozled?