Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus PikTV is now only $10!! (BC / AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 3:45 am
Tags:
Banned
Oct 8, 2014
238 posts
120 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
HoboEater wrote: The box is $25 if you are with Telus or you are signing up as a new customer. The box is still fully functional if you cancel. The live TV works by logging into the PikTV app.
if we cancel the service after month or two we have to pay back the $75 credit?
Feb 15, 2013
211 posts
118 upvotes
Edmonton
can you get this box if you have 150 now? before they wouldn't let me sign up if i had more than lite.
Aug 27, 2006
817 posts
376 upvotes
Delta
Leverage wrote: That's incorrect, that's old pricing. New nationwide pricing changed Oct 8, source is a friend who works at a TELUS retail store.

Sports Pack - $14/mo (prev. $20/mo):
Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet East, Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet Pacific Alberta, Sportsnet Pacific BC, Sportsnet West - Alberta, Sportsnet West BC, Sportsnet Flames, Sportsnet Oilers, Sportsnet One, Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey, TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5

Sportsnet - $10/mo (prev $15/mo):
Sportsnet 360. Sportsnet East, Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet Pacific Alberta, Sportsnet Pacific BC, Sportsnet West - Alberta, Sportsnet West BC. Sportsnet Flames, Sportsnet Oilers, Sportsnet One, Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey

TSN - $10/mo (prev $15/mo):
TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5

TMN & HBO Canada w/CraveTV - $20/mo (prev $25/mo):
TMN1 West, TMN2 West, TMN3 West. HBO Canada East, HBO Canada West, CraveTV On Demand
Good to know, all I was going off of was what the service rep told me. I haven't switched to PikTV yet. This makes PikTV even more attractive
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Feb 28, 2011
443 posts
371 upvotes
Is anybody able to use the pik tv app on Nvidia Shield?
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
pvp wrote: Is anybody able to use the pik tv app on Nvidia Shield?
On the Telus support forum they were saying you can't, and you cannot install it on the Shield from the Play Store, but I don't see why you couldn't extract the apk from the Telus box and install it on the Shield manually.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17570 upvotes
bajwamar wrote: if we cancel the service after month or two we have to pay back the $75 credit?
Yes you'd have to pay it back. Why do people think TELUS would give away this box for almost free?
Feb 28, 2011
443 posts
371 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote: On the Telus support forum they were saying you can't, and you cannot install it on the Shield from the Play Store, but I don't see why you couldn't extract the apk from the Telus box and install it on the Shield manually.
I tried. Phone apk would install but get stuck on splash screen, and apk extracted from piktv would not even install.
So, that is why I was wondering if anybody else had any success.
Banned
Oct 8, 2014
238 posts
120 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Leverage wrote: Yes you'd have to pay it back. Why do people think TELUS would give away this box for almost free?
I couldn't find that information on their website and that was the reason I asked
as per the site

Own it for $100 before taxes.4
30 day money back guarantee 5
Get your first month of service for $0 and a $75 bill credit. Cancel anytime.4

4. Pik TV & Internet does not require a term contract. Service agreement required for duration of subscription. New Pik TV & Internet customers will receive a $140 bill credit with the purchase of the Pik TV media box and set up of new Pik TV & Internet subscription. Regular monthly price of $65 per month applies thereafter. Offer available until further notice. Existing TELUS Internet customers adding Pik TV will receive a $85 discount with the purchase of the Pik TV media box and set up of new Pik TV Subscription. Regular monthly price of $10 per month applies thereafter. Offer available until further notice. Offer available once per household. Not available to existing Optik TV or Satellite TV customers.

5. A credit for the one-time Pik TV Media Box fee will be applied to the account within 3 billing cycles if the Pik TV subscription is cancelled via My Account and the Pik TV media box returned, in good condition and with the original packaging, within two weeks after submitting the cancellation.
Feb 27, 2008
326 posts
154 upvotes
calgary
On the phone with TELUS they are saying PIK TV on top of internet is 20$ a month (after 1st month free) NOT 10$ a month :(
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
bajwamar wrote: I couldn't find that information on their website and that was the reason I asked
as per the site

Own it for $100 before taxes.4
30 day money back guarantee 5
Get your first month of service for $0 and a $75 bill credit. Cancel anytime.4

4. Pik TV & Internet does not require a term contract. Service agreement required for duration of subscription. New Pik TV & Internet customers will receive a $140 bill credit with the purchase of the Pik TV media box and set up of new Pik TV & Internet subscription. Regular monthly price of $65 per month applies thereafter. Offer available until further notice. Existing TELUS Internet customers adding Pik TV will receive a $85 discount with the purchase of the Pik TV media box and set up of new Pik TV Subscription. Regular monthly price of $10 per month applies thereafter. Offer available until further notice. Offer available once per household. Not available to existing Optik TV or Satellite TV customers.

5. A credit for the one-time Pik TV Media Box fee will be applied to the account within 3 billing cycles if the Pik TV subscription is cancelled via My Account and the Pik TV media box returned, in good condition and with the original packaging, within two weeks after submitting the cancellation.
I tried logging in and there's an option to cancel the service online. Here's what it said:
Cancel Pik TV subscription

You can cancel your Pik TV subscription and receive credit for The Basics and Pik 5 if you cancel the subscription within the first 30 days of service.
If cancelling within 30 days of service, you can choose to return the Pik TV Media Box for a $100 credit. You will be provided with hardware return instructions after submitting the cancellation request. We’ll send you a confirmation email once the cancellation request has been processed.
Note: We require at least 72 hours advance notice to review and process requests.
Cancellations of the Pik TV subscription are not supported at TELUS stores or dealers.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17570 upvotes
nurddin wrote: On the phone with TELUS they are saying PIK TV on top of internet is 20$ a month (after 1st month free) NOT 10$ a month :(
This is a very recent price change - that rep just might not be aware. Think of all the products, promos, etc each rep has to try to memorize.

Ask to speak with another rep or a supervisor, and quote the https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/ Terms & Conditions which now states:
Regular monthly price of $10 per month applies thereafter.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
nurddin wrote: On the phone with TELUS they are saying PIK TV on top of internet is 20$ a month (after 1st month free) NOT 10$ a month :(
Leverage wrote: This is a very recent price change - that rep just might not be aware. Think of all the products, promos, etc each rep has to try to memorize.

Ask to speak with another rep or a supervisor, and quote the https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/ Terms & Conditions which now states:
It actually costs more than $20... interesting!

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17570 upvotes
raptorsfever wrote: It actually costs more than $20... interesting!

The $20 base rate is incorrect in that screenshot, but the additional $12 is because you added 3 extra premium channels @ $4/each, on top of the 2 bundled in the base rate.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
Leverage wrote: The $20 base rate is incorrect in that screenshot, but the additional $12 is because you added 3 extra premium channels @ $4/each, on top of the 2 bundled in the base rate.
Oh okay, so the 5 free premium channels are only free during first 30 days. If I want to keep it at $20 then I have to remove the 3 premium channels.
Jul 21, 2006
617 posts
212 upvotes
Any idea if you can get Pik TV without Telus internet? Meaning get it with your own non-Telus internet connection?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
we need deals like this in Ontario!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
dpolites wrote: Any idea if you can get Pik TV without Telus internet? Meaning get it with your own non-Telus internet connection?
At this time it is not available for non Telus internet customers.
Leverage wrote: This is a very recent price change - that rep just might not be aware. Think of all the products, promos, etc each rep has to try to memorize.

This is correct! PikTV is still a very new product and reps are not being trained correctly. I will forward that to our call center team to ensure proper training is provided.

PikTV is $10 ongoing right now. It is not expired, but if you are having troubles then message me.
Jul 19, 2003
54 posts
8 upvotes
Leverage wrote: The $20 base rate is incorrect in that screenshot, but the additional $12 is because you added 3 extra premium channels @ $4/each, on top of the 2 bundled in the base rate.
Is there a chart that shows premium channels?? When ordering AMC, CNN, etc it does not indicate that is a premium channel or that there would be an additional cost. Or is that b/c for the 1st month it would be free?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
justlookingaround wrote: Is there a chart that shows premium channels?? When ordering AMC, CNN, etc it does not indicate that is a premium channel or that there would be an additional cost. Or is that b/c for the 1st month it would be free?
The PikTV includes 5 "pik" channels for free. Each additional channel is $4. The premium channels like sports and hbo are priced accordingly.
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
pvp wrote: I tried. Phone apk would install but get stuck on splash screen, and apk extracted from piktv would not even install.
So, that is why I was wondering if anybody else had any success.
Really? Damn, you're the first person I've heard of actually extracting the apk from the piktv box. No luck eh? That really limits my desire to try this out...