• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 10:25 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 26, 2013
442 posts
403 upvotes
CALGARY
Jaylay14 wrote: How you don't mind me asking, how does this plan compare to the plan that you have right now with fido?
Far more data on this plan.
I have 5gig currently for $60. This however included the full subsidy for a Galaxy S9+.
Oct 28, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Jaylay14 wrote: Actually, if you have multiple Peace of Mind Connect plans on one account, those lines will then share the data with each other.
This is not true. They only share with connected devices like tablets. Not phones. That's why simple share exists.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2013
442 posts
403 upvotes
CALGARY
Proxism wrote: Watch out for BYOP, you need to add the cost of a device which can be an additional $20-$45 per month depending on how much the device costs and how long you amortize it for.

The deal seems to be flexibility on which phone you use and the amount of data. It's still just Big 3 pricing wearing a mask.

Unless one already has a phone?
You can always buy a cheap phone outright and use that.
I have a phone from my present carrier that I won't need to replace anytime soon. This is why they offered me the BYOP plan on the win back call. There are other plans available if you require a subsidized phone.
Feb 7, 2020
1 posts
I just finished my contract with Telus and paid off my Google pixel. How would I go about getting this deal? My mom and I pay around $160 for our two phones each month for far less data. $120 with double+ data would be awesome. Thanks for any input.
Oct 16, 2010
268 posts
639 upvotes
findmesumdealz wrote: Unless one already has a phone?
You can always buy a cheap phone outright and use that.
I have a phone from my present carrier that I won't need to replace anytime soon. This is why they offered me the BYOP plan on the win back call. There are other plans available if you require a subsidized phone.
Right but you can't use that phone forever, so that would make this plan a temporary solution or just an expensive plan if you do need a phone. I think great deals are for long-term plans; something with low plan + device cost that you could use for 3-6 years. Think about "what's total cost over 2 or 3 years" combining device + phone for the estimated useful life of the device. Suddenly this plan isnt great unless you currently pay the same but could use more data.

There are niche applications for this plan such as: 1) someone made the mistake of paying full retail price for a phone, which, as a sunk cost, allows them to hop around any plan, or 2) the user doesnt care much about which phone they have so some $300 used phone or their aging beauty worth $0 is good enough for them.
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
413 upvotes
Edmonton
Throwaway4321 wrote: This is not true. They only share with connected devices like tablets. Not phones. That's why simple share exists.
It actually is true. I myself have 3 $68 20gb PoM Connect Plans and we have 60gb shared as you can see in the snapshot below. Also, if you go to the FAQs on the Telus site for the Connect plans, it also mentions how the data is pooled/shared.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Apr 15, 2010
189 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Jaylay14 wrote: It actually is true. I myself have 3 $68 20gb PoM Connect Plans and we have 60gb shared as you can see in the snapshot below. Also, if you go to the FAQs on the Telus site for the Connect plans, it also mentions how the data is pooled/shared.
Weird... Maybe that's an EPP only thing?
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
413 upvotes
Edmonton
emann56 wrote: Weird... Maybe that's an EPP only thing?
It should be the same with the consumer plan as well. Below is the PoM Connect plan FAQs right from the consumer Telus site (second paragraph).
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
413 upvotes
Edmonton
findmesumdealz wrote: Far more data on this plan.
I have 5gig currently for $60. This however included the full subsidy for a Galaxy S9+.
Totally understand on why you want to wait it out then! After you minus that $200 device subsidy, you're basically paying $26.66 for you plan. Good on ya!
Oct 24, 2013
515 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
I got that plan yesterday at the wow! Booth at the Vaughan Mills mall. Was $65, but due to multiple lines, it went to $60 for both.

According to sales rep are the first 20gb LTE, after that unlimited 3g.
Images
  • IMG_20200207_204536.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10664 posts
1315 upvotes
Vancouver
Why don’t any providers ever call me back with offers.
Apr 15, 2010
189 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
stak74 wrote: I got that plan yesterday at the wow! Booth at the Vaughan Mills mall. Was $65, but due to multiple lines, it went to $60 for both.

According to sales rep are the first 20gb LTE, after that unlimited 3g.
Was the plan $65 plan for 20GB or a different plan + monthly credits?
Jul 28, 2017
27 posts
9 upvotes
I’m curious as to where you are all seeing these subsidized phones (in BC). Typically they are allowing you to finance $360 over 2 years and you simply pay the difference. The biggest discount I see on an iPhone 11 is $40 through Rogers for business (GST number), so I am on BYOD. While this plan is better than the $60/10GB plan I have with Koodo, it still doesn’t get me any closer to a phone, and I never use up the 10GB anyway.
Mar 7, 2011
442 posts
291 upvotes
Brampton
Jaylay14 wrote: It's about time they started back on this! This is even better than their Telus EPP holiday 2019 plan.. Which was $68 for 20gb but that was also for the connect plan which was nice..

This is not bad at all though. Sure it's $10 more than the Rogers/Fido winback deals, but this one comes with 5 extra gigs and no overage charges.

Nice share OP!
This is not better. The epp deal you mentioned was not byop... iPhone 8 was $0/mo and XR was $2.50/mo...
Nov 6, 2011
189 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
trellaine201 wrote: Why don’t any providers ever call me back with offers.
I feel ya. I cancelled with Telus a couple of weeks ago and they haven't called back lol. I was with them for 10+ years.