Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] TELUS - Trade In Credit Promos - ($50 CDMA) and ($88 -Van Only) [UPDATE] $0 Z10 3y

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2013 4:10 am
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
85 upvotes
New Westminster

[Telus] TELUS - Trade In Credit Promos - ($50 CDMA) and ($88 -Van Only) [UPDATE] $0 Z10 3y

Was just at Metrotown Telus stores, both stores had a sign for an extra $88 trade in credit when you trade in a phone.
Seemed to have to do with the Chinese New Year.
Cannot be stacked with BB Z10 $50 trade in offer.

Other Trade in offer is the $50 CDMA offer. It is combinable with BB Z10 $50 trade in offer.

Both should be combinable as well as with Z10 out of stock coupon of $50.

CDMA Credit is for trading in any non-sim carded phone.

As always limit one trade in per renewal/activation.

It seems to just be local but if anyone else sees it elsewhere I'll change the title.

Sorry if repost. Searched and came up empty.

EDIT: Can get a free Z10 (YMMV)
$139 - $50 out of stock coupon - $50 BB10 trade in bonus - $50 CDMA +$10 SIM card = $-1

EDIT 2: $88 is vancouver only and expires Feb 24
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... n.shtml%0A
65 replies
May 3, 2011
83 posts
17 upvotes
I was also at the Lansdowne kiosk in Richmond. Also had the same promo!
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
85 upvotes
New Westminster
gobo wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 2:30 am
does it work on prepaid?
I know the CDMA one does. Don't know about the Chinese New Year one.
Main criteria is that a renewal or activation be taking place.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
5604 posts
615 upvotes
I wonder if I can trade in my flip phone, use their service for a few months and then cancel...
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2342 posts
163 upvotes
Canada
MBPMAN wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 2:36 am
I thought that deal was 50$ off a new phone? That's not much of a deal... unless they are giving us $50.00 for our prepaid account?
Jul 13, 2010
994 posts
18 upvotes
The $50 goes toward the final in-store amount for any postpaid client (renewal/new activation). No bill credit, not for prepaid (from my experience)

- ex-Telus sales rep
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
85 upvotes
New Westminster
scoobydoo wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 4:48 am
I thought that deal was 50$ off a new phone? That's not much of a deal... unless they are giving us $50.00 for our prepaid account?
barsoum89 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 9:56 am
The $50 goes toward the final in-store amount for any postpaid client (renewal/new activation). No bill credit, not for prepaid (from my experience)

- ex-Telus sales rep
It is an IN STORE CREDIT. It doesn't mater if you are signing a 3 year term or no term or are on prepaid. You just have to be changing the equipment on your account. You then get the credit towards that new device. If you have more credit then the device is worth you can use it for other things in store.

EDIT: this is at least true for the $50 CDMA credit.

Here's an example for prepaid.
Activate galaxy discover. $99
Trade in cdma phone -$50
=$49.
Also includes $20 of time on the account.
Just a note. It must be set up in store. But there is no activation fee.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
85 upvotes
New Westminster
nnnn wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 4:42 pm
I have a CDMA flip cell that works, but the telephone number has expired as its pre-paid and I havnt put time on it in awhile. Would it still be eligible for the CDMA 50 trade-in offer?

I was looking at the HTC One V that Telus website says is 290 if got it on pre-paid, so that would be 240? The Koodo website shows the same HTC One V cell for 150?
Yes you would be able to trade it in. You would just need to make a new account (prepaid or postpaid).
The prepaid phones are here:
http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/prep ... ndex.shtml
The reason the one v is so expensive is because it's the unsubsidized price. (Prepaid is subsidized)
Btw the One S is only $350 ($300 with trade in) it's a awesome phone.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2342 posts
163 upvotes
Canada
This deal is useless if you don't need a new phone.
Oct 22, 2006
304 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton
scoobydoo wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 3:15 am
This deal is useless if you don't need a new phone.
Thanks captain obvious! Do you have 1830 posts by going thread to thread with your superpower?

Mind helping me out if I feel up to "helping" people like you one day? Here are two examples I just thought of, any input would be welcomed:
"Coffeemaker for $10? This deal is useless unless you need a coffeemaker."
"MicroSD card for $20? $20 NOT WELL SPENT unless you have a use for a microsd card."
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
16864 posts
125 upvotes
YVR
MBPMAN wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 8:05 pm
Yes you would be able to trade it in. You would just need to make a new account (prepaid or postpaid).
The prepaid phones are here:
http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/prep ... ndex.shtml
The reason the one v is so expensive is because it's the unsubsidized price. (Prepaid is subsidized)
Btw the One S is only $350 ($300 with trade in) it's a awesome phone.
You mean postpaid. :p
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
16864 posts
125 upvotes
YVR
MBPMAN wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 2:36 am
So I can bring in any CDMA phone, no matter how old or locked to any other carrier, and still claim at least $50 for use towards any device from Telus whether it's for prepaid or postpaid? I just want to make sure I am reading this properly!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
16864 posts
125 upvotes
YVR
Ammut wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 3:54 am
Thanks captain obvious! Do you have 1830 posts by going thread to thread with your superpower?

Mind helping me out if I feel up to "helping" people like you one day? Here are two examples I just thought of, any input would be welcomed:
"Coffeemaker for $10? This deal is useless unless you need a coffeemaker."
"MicroSD card for $20? $20 NOT WELL SPENT unless you have a use for a microsd card."
:lol:
× < >