• Jul 13th, 2017 2:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17913 posts
3032 upvotes
Thornhill

Temporary Amazon Prime day subforum?

Probably not necessary but theres gonna be a huge influx of threads, what are the mods and admins thoughts about this?

An Amazon superthread might be good enough, but I assume that there will be many merges and that thread might grow too quickly.
15 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12557 upvotes
Scarborough
Doing a separate forum or a sub-forum within Hot Deals would mean a lot less eyes on the deals which isn't good for anyone. Forcing them all into one thread would make it very hard to follow. Luckily it's only a one day event and we'll do our best to expire deals as the day goes on to reduce the clutter. With the addition of Thread Hiding users can quickly remove any Amazon threads from their view that they don't want to follow.

We're currently working on phase one of adding more filtering options to the forums. By Prime Day 2018 you should be able to filter to see, or not to see deals from specific retailers (Amazon for example). This will greatly help better manage shopping events like Amazon Prime Day.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17913 posts
3032 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks Tom, it looks like it starts July 5th with different 'sales events' and will ramp up until the 11th, so I'm not sure how the forum will be like. I expect to have a lot of tabs open though :)
Aug 2, 2014
16 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just a week ago, maybe a couple Amazon Prime posts, now the forum is a bit flooded...
Jan 12, 2017
169 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
not sure why every single item on prime day, needs its own thread...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4418 posts
555 upvotes
should of done a temporary prime day sub forum.
Friends don't let friends sign up with BHELL!
Bell free since 2010.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10697 posts
1429 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I do not like this flooding of Hot Deals with amazon threads and prime deals.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jan 21, 2013
210 posts
118 upvotes
Amazon Prime Day should be treated as Cyber Monday or Black Friday and have its own temporary subforum. They're only really applicable to Amazon Prime members.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3755 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
It would have been so nice to have them separated; it's irritating to scroll through all of them.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2156 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
genericasianguy wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 3:49 pm
Amazon Prime Day should be treated as Cyber Monday or Black Friday and have its own temporary subforum. They're only really applicable to Amazon Prime members.
Fully agree. Came to this forum to suggest exactly the same thing and found this thread.

What I have noticed is that a lot of retailers are creating their own 1-3 day deals to compete with Prime days. I'm not sure how those should be handled. I think keeping those in the Hot Deals would suffice as they expire.
Aug 2, 2014
16 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Becks wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 3:12 pm
I do not like this flooding of Hot Deals with amazon threads and prime deals.
Agreed. It's like making a new thread for every Flash Sale item at ******** or lightinthebox
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10697 posts
1429 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I found out I missed out on an adidas sale that started on Tuesday due to the flooding of Amazon threads on Tuesday in Hot Deals. Usually, someone posts the adidas sale in Hot Deals where I will notice it. The one item I was waiting to buy is now out of stock in my size!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12557 upvotes
Scarborough
With Boxing Day and Black Friday there's a lot more lead up discussion and the sales run for more than a day so it's better suited for a sub-forum or separate forum. This Prime Day there were approximately 130 more Amazon threads in total between Monday and Tuesday (above the daily norm). Most threads for mediocre deals faded back quickly but we are listening to everyones feedback. We hope to have new features in place for Prime Day 2018 including filtering by retailer which will allow you to see only Amazon deals (or on the flip side, filter them out).
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 27, 2003
8019 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
TomRFD wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 2:03 pm
With Boxing Day and Black Friday there's a lot more lead up discussion and the sales run for more than a day so it's better suited for a sub-forum or separate forum. This Prime Day there were approximately 130 more Amazon threads in total between Monday and Tuesday (above the daily norm). Most threads for mediocre deals faded back quickly but we are listening to everyones feedback. We hope to have new features in place for Prime Day 2018 including filtering by retailer which will allow you to see only Amazon deals (or on the flip side, filter them out).
Look forward to seeing this! This will definitely help allow members to focus is on only the things they are interested in.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)