Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2771 posts
746 upvotes
Global Village

Tennis Cup

Anyone else been watching the Rogers Cup? There was this 19-year old kid today, Stefanos Tsitsipas who beat Novak Djokovic! The kid has an explosive serve and a surprising discipline about his game, he is far from perfect but has a lot of potential.
All day I dream about sports
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1711 posts
441 upvotes
Woodbridge
Yep. His match against Zverev will be really good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2771 posts
746 upvotes
Global Village
Just finished watching and I still can't believe what I just witnessed. Zverev was absolutely killing Tsitsipas, won 6-3 and was up 5-2 in the 2nd, all of a sudden Tsitsipas started winning point after point and came back to win the game! Incredible perseverance for a 19-year old and a total collapse from Zverev.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1711 posts
441 upvotes
Woodbridge
Yep. Very entertaining match. Anderson is a very beatable opponent the way he's been playing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1711 posts
441 upvotes
Woodbridge
The kid has to stop wasting his challenges so early on balls that aren't even close.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2771 posts
746 upvotes
Global Village
jvnanu wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 6:05 pm
The kid has to stop wasting his challenges so early on balls that aren't even close.
I think it's a rest strategy, maybe trying to get into the other guy's head with outrageous challenges.
I can't believe he won again, Anderson was the best server in the tournament monster serve after monster serve today. Tsitsipas just refuses to lose. He sticks around till you make a mistake.

If he has to face Nadal tomorrow I think he's in real trouble though.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1711 posts
441 upvotes
Woodbridge
I doubt it. Would be stupid to waste them. Was a tight out call from the chair in the final set tiebreak and you could tell he wanted to challenge but he had none.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)