i picked up a 7" tiramisu cake
had it to myself
mmmmmmmm
hehehehehe
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
i find maxim to be nth special and way over-rated. its an average chinese style bakery at best and nothing really good. its cakes are no better than other decent chinese bakery's and is not even close to a place like Sen5es
Dec 16, 2003
201 posts
1 upvote
If you are looking for good Tiramisu, you can go to pretty much any italian bakery and they will have it. I'll give you a list of the one's I know that carry it and what I rate them as well as the location I've been too.
All St. Phllips Bakery's (9/10 rating located Keele St and Major Mackenzie)
Maple Gate Bakery (8/10 rating Keele St and rutherford rd )
Tre stelle bakery (8/10 keele and shepphard)
Fortino's (6/10 jane and major mackenzie)
Maple Bakery (7/10 Keele and Major Mackenzie)

I hope this helps..
Banned
May 31, 2004
170 posts
gilboman wrote:i find maxim to be nth special and way over-rated. its an average chinese style bakery at best and nothing really good. its cakes are no better than other decent chinese bakery's and is not even close to a place like Sen5es
To each their own but I find the cakes at Maxim's far superior than Senses in terms of taste. Presentation wise they're mediocre.

If anyone ever goes there you must try their strawberry almond meringue. Best in town.
Banned
Mar 22, 2005
281 posts
atomic fire wrote:If anyone ever goes there you must try their strawberry almond meringue. Best in town.
I agree!!! I always go there for take out and so many times they are sold out!!!!! :mad:

Sen5es is also very good too!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
atomic fire wrote:To each their own but I find the cakes at Maxim's far superior than Senses in terms of taste. Presentation wise they're mediocre.

If anyone ever goes there you must try their strawberry almond meringue. Best in town.
psh presentation, once it passes the lips it all looks the same, and comes out the same. i'm all for taste, i dont care if the thing "looks" like it fell off the floor :cheesygri
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Mar 17, 2003
561 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Both Longo's and Fortino's have it.
Any Italian bakery will also have it.
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
finch and lesle O M Goodness.

That place is the worst. I was eating at some Shanghai resturant and this whole cuboard of chinese dish plates and cups fell over my table!

Everything was mad shattered! Some old chinese bit*H was leaning on it!

Then kaboomm! Everything fell over my table. I was so pissed!
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Gordon wrote:finch and lesle O M Goodness.

That place is the worst. I was eating at some Shanghai resturant and this whole cuboard of chinese dish plates and cups fell over my table!

Everything was mad shattered! Some old chinese bit*H was leaning on it!

Then kaboomm! Everything fell over my table. I was so pissed!
LOL are you talking about the one next to the sushi restaurant?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Oct 12, 2004
509 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:i find maxim to be nth special and way over-rated. its an average chinese style bakery at best and nothing really good. its cakes are no better than other decent chinese bakery's and is not even close to a place like Sen5es
the cake at maxim's is good for two reasons:

1. they taste good, i won't say it's the best cake ever, but a number of their cakes are without parallel (ie. strawberry almond meringue), and they have tons of variety. the other chinese bakeries that i look into never have the same amount of different cakes, and don't often sell ALL their cakes by the slice like maxim's does. when you have 12 people to feed cake, with 12 different tastes, this is definitely convenient.

2. it's relatively inexpensive compared to other dessert places. it's about $3.20 per slice (tax included), and the slices are very generous in size. if i go somewhere like demetres, it costs like $7 for a slice of cake and a scoop of ice cream. any restaurants will also be more expensive for a piece of cake, and you can be assured that the slices will not be as generously portioned.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
chellemi wrote:the cake at maxim's is good for two reasons:

1. they taste good, i won't say it's the best cake ever, but a number of their cakes are without parallel (ie. strawberry almond meringue), and they have tons of variety. the other chinese bakeries that i look into never have the same amount of different cakes, and don't often sell ALL their cakes by the slice like maxim's does. when you have 12 people to feed cake, with 12 different tastes, this is definitely convenient.

2. it's relatively inexpensive compared to other dessert places. it's about $3.20 per slice (tax included), and the slices are very generous in size. if i go somewhere like demetres, it costs like $7 for a slice of cake and a scoop of ice cream. any restaurants will also be more expensive for a piece of cake, and you can be assured that the slices will not be as generously portioned.
Yeah there is no parallel with their meringue.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:LOL are you talking about the one next to the sushi restaurant?
Its like a chinese resturant. OM Goodness that place sucked.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Gordon wrote:Its like a chinese resturant. OM Goodness that place sucked.
Yeah the shanghai restaurant that's like the last unit of the plaza. I've been there once and the food was pretty crappy.
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
9 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Yeah the shanghai restaurant that's like the last unit of the plaza. I've been there once and the food was pretty crappy.
word. That place sucked.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)