Entertainment

Terminator 2 Digitally Remastered 3D Worldwide Rerelease in Theatres Aug 25, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2017 7:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13973 posts
2426 upvotes
Toronto
If James Cameron is involved he will do the 3D conversion correctly.
Dec 15, 2013
836 posts
176 upvotes
C A N A D A
Scorpionsy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2015 6:06 am
I don't think so...yes...regular 3D movies lose about 50% of their brightness...and again Nolan was talking about that...NOT the 3D Laser Projected Imax picture quality. So I am right about the. IMAX Laser image quality. Don't put all 3D brightness quality in one basket.

Have you even seen Star Wars in IMAX 3D Laser projection format or any recent 3D IMAX movie at Scotiabank Theatre IMAX? If you did, you would not be comparing it to regular 3D. It simply solved that problem including depth of perception...end of story.
Exactly, that was one of the selling points of the new IMAX technology. When Nolan said that it was about last gen 3D. The new IMAX projector without 3D looks amazing.
May 31, 2009
975 posts
301 upvotes
I would love to see the 3D version of Terminator 2 but i will wait for the home video release. I'm dying to check out the new Laser IMAX in Toronto and its 3D quality. Lately i have been pretty disappointed with my 3D outings at the theater as they don't seem to take care of the bulbs as often as they should. Resulting in a dull, fuzzy and less dimensional image. I bought a Sony 3D projector last boxing day and the difference in sharpness, colour and 3D depth is superior to my recent outing. (Sure it aint a movie theater size screen, but 106" isn't too bad) Saw Mad Max in a VIP theatre in Oakville and my experience was so-so, but recently watched it at home and was amazed. Heck i wasn't as drawn out of the film either and actually grew to love the film. Actually just watched my Terminator Genisys 3D copy last night and i actually enjoyed the movie, and wasn't a bad 3D presentation either. So if they can reach anywhere near the presentation i got last night, I would be a happy owner/viewer
Dec 20, 2007
424 posts
426 upvotes
imax 3d laser at scotiabank theatre was amazing, and i hate 3d..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5524 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
As much as I don't like 3D, I have faith in Cameron not pulling a George Lucas, and T2 is still one of my top action films ever.

And this piece of genius...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4104 posts
1120 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I would pay extra to see a movie where I don't need to wear "3D" glasses. Thankfully, the theatres actually charge less.

I'll pass. Sorry Mr. Cameron. I love at least 3 of your movies, but not your 3D obsession.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
172 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote:
Dec 18th, 2015 5:08 pm
In 3D some of the aerial shots of the Titanic looked horribly fake.
But they also looked horribly fake in 2D, so that's not really a 3D problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
if they are gonna do this, it better be the directors cut.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I watched T2 on Netflix as I remember loving it. But now that I've grown older, the annoys the heck out of me, too many daddy issues. Considering I found myself rooting for the Terminator to win I'll probably pass on this one.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10279 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I hope it's a success, and he does Aliens next :D .

Titanic in 3D ... you see Kate Winslett coming right out at you :D .
BTW, like others here, I'm not really into the 3D movies, but would love cleaned up versions in 2D.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
241 upvotes
ON
Feneant wrote:
Jan 8th, 2016 1:01 pm
I watched T2 on Netflix as I remember loving it. But now that I've grown older, the annoys the heck out of me, too many daddy issues. Considering I found myself rooting for the Terminator to win I'll probably pass on this one.
T2 was always the least of the original trilogy, despite it's reputation.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9427 posts
1187 upvotes
Toronto
Feneant wrote:
Jan 8th, 2016 1:01 pm
Same with me. Then I re-watched 1 and it was much much better. Arnie is just pure ruthless. No political correctness there. Watch part one again if you haven't seen it. Preferably with ear phones. The ol techno electric piano music is just so much better.
Jun 29, 2010
766 posts
160 upvotes
Dagnabbit James - stop futzing around with your Terminators and give me a remastered Blu-ray release of True Lies and The Abyss!! Do it now!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1769 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
The George Lucas' effect... oh no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)