Entertainment

Terminator 2 Digitally Remastered 3D Worldwide Rerelease in Theatres Aug 25, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2017 7:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I would pay extra to see a movie where I don't need to wear "3D" glasses. Thankfully, the theatres actually charge less.

I'll pass. Sorry Mr. Cameron. I love at least 3 of your movies, but not your 3D obsession.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
175 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote: In 3D some of the aerial shots of the Titanic looked horribly fake.
But they also looked horribly fake in 2D, so that's not really a 3D problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
if they are gonna do this, it better be the directors cut.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
I watched T2 on Netflix as I remember loving it. But now that I've grown older, the annoys the heck out of me, too many daddy issues. Considering I found myself rooting for the Terminator to win I'll probably pass on this one.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I hope it's a success, and he does Aliens next :D .

Titanic in 3D ... you see Kate Winslett coming right out at you :D . BTW, like others here, I'm not really into the 3D movies, but would love cleaned up versions in 2D.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
252 upvotes
ON
Feneant wrote: I watched T2 on Netflix as I remember loving it. But now that I've grown older, the annoys the heck out of me, too many daddy issues. Considering I found myself rooting for the Terminator to win I'll probably pass on this one.
T2 was always the least of the original trilogy, despite it's reputation.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Feneant wrote: I watched T2 on Netflix as I remember loving it. But now that I've grown older, the annoys the heck out of me, too many daddy issues. Considering I found myself rooting for the Terminator to win I'll probably pass on this one.
Same with me. Then I re-watched 1 and it was much much better. Arnie is just pure ruthless. No political correctness there. Watch part one again if you haven't seen it. Preferably with ear phones. The ol techno electric piano music is just so much better.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
Dagnabbit James - stop futzing around with your Terminators and give me a remastered Blu-ray release of True Lies and The Abyss!! Do it now!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
The George Lucas' effect... oh no.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
No 4DX? Just kidding, 4DX is pretty gimmicky IMHO. Don't feel like getting my kidneys punched for 2+ hours. Glad to see T2 coming back. Hope Cineplex takes part.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: +1. Terminator 2 is great as is. They don't need to add cheap 3D gimmicks.
+2
RFDGypsy wrote: imax 3d laser at scotiabank theatre was amazing, and i hate 3d..
Scotia Toronto IMAX 3D laser is good for 3D but the key is "for 3D". The point here is it just brings 3D brightness into par with 2D. The 3D still looks stupid though. Basically, that theatre makes 3D tolerable. Most other places, I find 3D totally intolerable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Mr. Robo wrote: Cameron could possibly return in some form to end the Terminator series once the rights return to his possession.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator- ... 201890848/
Honestly, I'd just rather see no more Terminators. The storyline has become convoluted beyond repair. To me, there is Terminator and Terminator 2. Terminator 2 was closure enough for me. I can't even remember what happened in any of the subsequent films, nor do their plots hold any interest, importance, or real meaning to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1306 posts
216 upvotes
Is this why it's taking 20 years for these mythical avatar sequels to come out?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I think it would be cool to end the series. T1 was pretty good. T2 was amazing. I thought T3 was decent but not great (I loved the end where the terminator did exactly what it was programmed to do). I had hoped after t3, we'd get a series in the future, that shows John Connor kicking ass and winning the war against the machines. We got Salvation which was in the future, but didn't really go that direction. Then we had Genisys which really attempted to mess with the timeline.

I think it would be cool if Cameron got a chance to give it a proper ending. At this point I'm doubtful if anyone can bring the war against the machines to a satisfactory conclusion. No one wants to seem to finish it, just find ways to keep the story going, in order to make more movies.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
zod wrote: I think it would be cool to end the series. T1 was pretty good. T2 was amazing. I thought T3 was decent but not great (I loved the end where the terminator did exactly what it was programmed to do). I had hoped after t3, we'd get a series in the future, that shows John Connor kicking ass and winning the war against the machines. We got Salvation which was in the future, but didn't really go that direction. Then we had Genisys which really attempted to mess with the timeline.

I think it would be cool if Cameron got a chance to give it a proper ending. At this point I'm doubtful if anyone can bring the war against the machines to a satisfactory conclusion. No one wants to seem to finish it, just find ways to keep the story going, in order to make more movies.
Absolutely. I've been dreaming of movies about that future world; the one that we saw seconds of in T1 and T2 since I was a boy. It's the future where it's dark and dirty. Where hope has just about vanished, despair chokes everyone like a dark velvet blanket, and humanity is circling the drain ready to go out forever. One of the scene elements that stuck with me to this day was not the cool laser firefights but a random wail of utter despair from a woman offscreen as Reese, exausted, was returning from a mission and takes a moment to contemplate Sarah's picture just before a terminator infiltrates their filthy refuge and starts snuffing people out, men women and children (T2 edit: sorry that was T1).

This entire stark world was imprinted in my mind in the short seconds that Cameron gave it. None of the films after T2 were able to recapture that world, IMO. Salvation gave us nice sunny Californian landscapes for gods sake. I think nobody will be able to do an end chapter that would fulfill my expectations. Not even Cameron. Which is why I'd just be happier to let it end at T2.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
They better also release the movie on 3D blu-ray. Rather see it at home than in the theatre for my 3D experience, unless it was in IMAX
[external link removed]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Why would I want to mock my colander? It has always worked well for draining water from pasta.