Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: TESLA Model 3

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2016 2:25 pm
Dec 28, 2001
416 posts
85 upvotes

TESLA Model 3

Deal Link:
Price:
35,000 USD
TESLA Model 3

Finally an affordable Tesla :)

$1000 to reserve it. Estimated $35,000 USD before any provincial incentives. 6 stores across Canada.

"Model 3 combines real world range, performance, safety and spaciousness into a premium sedan that only Tesla can build. Our most affordable car yet, Model 3 achieves 345 km of range per charge while starting at only 35,000 USD before incentives. Model 3 is designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category."
Images
29 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2637 posts
1167 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 3
Jan 20, 2011
166 posts
41 upvotes
Is there a coupon !
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
A little too late. Reservations was done on march 31.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21213 posts
6983 upvotes
GTA
Group buy?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2619 posts
1110 upvotes
Winnipeg
Why "reserve" it for $1k? It's not like it's some limited edition that'll sell out. Keep the money in your bank instead of giving it to them to collect interest on it.
Dec 28, 2001
416 posts
85 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: Thanks OP. Bought 3
Car envy obviously. I found a recent picture of your car.

Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1661 posts
1556 upvotes
Montr
Don't forget Ebates !!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3332 posts
1537 upvotes
Vancouver
soulchief wrote: Why "reserve" it for $1k? It's not like it's some limited edition that'll sell out. Keep the money in your bank instead of giving it to them to collect interest on it.
If you don't reserve it, you'll probably have to wait at least a year longer than the people who lined up to reserve it because noone thinks Tesla can ramp up their production to meet demand.
On the other hand, if you're one of the first people to get one, you could probably flip it for a few extra $$$ to someone who just can't wait (like what happened with the older iphones)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
You waited 15 years to post such quality content. Bravo
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Mods are at lunch maybe
Nov 26, 2013
799 posts
728 upvotes
Winnipeg
soulchief wrote: Why "reserve" it for $1k? It's not like it's some limited edition that'll sell out. Keep the money in your bank instead of giving it to them to collect interest on it.
Exactly this. I will likely buy a Tesla 3, but this is not a deal. Especially when considering that Tesla is expected to reach some form of economies of scale for this model by the time the release date rolls around. This is regular price, and supply at the time of release should be sufficient. Also consider that this is USD and odds are, the Canadian dollar will have improved by the release date, so why spend more now?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2873 posts
2822 upvotes
Ottawa
nuwan32 wrote: Thanks OP. Bought 3
You could have reserved 4 for the same price and flip the last one as per the previous comment
Apr 1, 2008
66 posts
12 upvotes
how is this hot deals? especially when it's been weeks.....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7712 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ReaperEXE wrote: Exactly this. I will likely buy a Tesla 3, but this is not a deal. Especially when considering that Tesla is expected to reach some form of economies of scale for this model by the time the release date rolls around. This is regular price, and supply at the time of release should be sufficient. Also consider that this is USD and odds are, the Canadian dollar will have improved by the release date, so why spend more now?
As reservations are up to the 400k mark, supply will definitely not be sufficient at the time of release.
Feb 24, 2008
345 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't believe I missed the deal!!!! It backs to original price now!!!
Aug 20, 2007
197 posts
226 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote: Exactly this. I will likely buy a Tesla 3, but this is not a deal. Especially when considering that Tesla is expected to reach some form of economies of scale for this model by the time the release date rolls around. This is regular price, and supply at the time of release should be sufficient. Also consider that this is USD and odds are, the Canadian dollar will have improved by the release date, so why spend more now?
To clarify some points, the reservation is in Canadian dollars not US, so you're not spending any more now. The reservation simply holds your place in line which at 400k+ orders you may be waiting a while otherwise. Well, you're waiting a hell of a time now anyway, so the point is rather moot.

Lastly, yes this is not a deal, agreed.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Lets not forget the Government Rebate you get for purchasing a Tesla. I believe its 12k.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5077 posts
2788 upvotes
Edmonton
Hopefully the dealer network will improve - Closest dealer to me is over 350KM and the closest supercharger is 150KM..

Although, I guess the charger makes sense given it's halfway between 2 major cities. But it only holds 4 cars...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)