Automotive

Tesla Model S, Ξ, X, Y & Roadster discussion

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4526 posts
495 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:03 pm
^ He's trying to recoup his investment by sharing a referral link. :)

edit:
I didn't know this was Bjorn! until I read one of the comments, haha.
yea same here, did a double take
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40900 posts
9836 upvotes
One of the comments was kinda absurd. The person said most were small issues. He must have missed the drive unit issue talked about earlier on with about a dozen line items. :)
Sep 8, 2014
500 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ohnabatko wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:55 pm
It only proves that Tesla owners dream of electric sheep ;) Under warranty or not - car is still unavailable and in the garage
A Telsa X rundown of repairs after 100K km run
The loaners we get when our car is in for service are epic, a P85 a few years ago, and recently a P85D. Freaking awesome loaner cars. No one minds service when the loaner is a Tesla. We had the P85 delivered to our door, didn't need to drive in, amazing service.

As for Bjorn's video, the guy did 120,000 km, half of that towing a massive trailer, in less than a year, in harsh winter conditions and this for a driver who is in the car for hundreds of km daily, thousands per weekend.

Whereas most cars, like our Tesla S are 25000 km in a year, and parked most of the time.

Note that my new Smart ED has no issues, perfect from factory.
Whereas some Ford FFE owners here are having issues.

The new ownership experience varies. One thing is for certain. We will only drive EV's in our family.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4407 posts
2753 upvotes
Montreal
SmartElectric wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:28 pm
The loaners we get when our car is in for service are epic, a P85 a few years ago, and recently a P85D. Freaking awesome loaner cars. No one minds service when the loaner is a Tesla. We had the P85 delivered to our door, didn't need to drive in, amazing service.

As for Bjorn's video, the guy did 120,000 km, half of that towing a massive trailer, in less than a year, in harsh winter conditions and this for a driver who is in the car for hundreds of km daily, thousands per weekend.

Whereas most cars, like our Tesla S are 25000 km in a year, and parked most of the time.

Note that my new Smart ED has no issues, perfect from factory.
Whereas some Ford FFE owners here are having issues.

The new ownership experience varies. One thing is for certain. We will only drive EV's in our family.
Go right ahead while the remaining 99% worldwide drive ICE much to your frustration. Record sales from GM, Benz, Volvo BMW. Just some context..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7461 posts
2408 upvotes
ON
ottofly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:37 pm
Go right ahead while the remaining 99% worldwide drive ICE much to your frustration. Record sales from GM, Benz, Volvo BMW. Just some context..
And why exactly would that frustrate him?
He has what he wants and enjoys.
Let others do the same.
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
8837 posts
2381 upvotes
Calgary
ottofly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:37 pm
I vividly remember Blackberry achieved record market share in 2008-2009, 2 years after iPhone is released. It's not even that long ago. I wouldn't want to be the person who bet on two wrong horses within such a short time frame.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4407 posts
2753 upvotes
Montreal
b166er1337 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:18 pm
I vividly remember Blackberry achieved record market share in 2008-2009, 2 years after iPhone is released. It's not even that long ago. I wouldn't want to be the person who bet on two wrong horses within such a short time frame.
I'm flattered you remember I use a BB and still do. Main difference between BB and Tesla is that BB is profitable and doesn't need over $7 billion of subsidies and borrowings to stay alive. Can't speak for the future of 2 totally different industries. I can speak of the present, EV's have 1% market shares despite tens of billions of taxpayer money thrown at them yet ICE car makers are still growing. Perhaps the majority of people have come to realize these cars have massive limitations in many parts of the world and will not be mass adopted, probably remain a niche like BlackBerry. Nice to see you trying to get a rise out of me but I don't emotionally obsess over a faceless corporation nor defend the corporation to the death even if it's my portfolio so go ahead and rip into them if you like. Meanwhile a conman has your money (and $400 million worth of others money) for 1.5 years and you won't have a car for another 3 years assuming they are still around. Bear markets demolish cash burning unprofitable companies like Tesla so keep praying the FED keeps this charade going.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1047 posts
711 upvotes
Ottawa
ottofly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:46 pm
I'm flattered you remember I use a BB and still do. Main difference between BB and Tesla is that BB is profitable and doesn't need over $7 billion of subsidies and borrowings to stay alive. Can't speak for the future of 2 totally different industries. I can speak of the present, EV's have 1% market shares despite tens of billions of taxpayer money thrown at them yet ICE car makers are still growing. Perhaps the majority of people have come to realize these cars have massive limitations in many parts of the world and will not be mass adopted, probably remain a niche like BlackBerry. Nice to see you trying to get a rise out of me but I don't emotionally obsess over a faceless corporation nor defend the corporation to the death even if it's my portfolio so go ahead and rip into them if you like. Meanwhile a conman has your money (and $400 million worth of others money) for 1.5 years and you won't have a car for another 3 years assuming they are still around. Bear markets demolish cash burning unprofitable companies like Tesla so keep praying the FED keeps this charade going.
Lol, probably comes from someone who in 2008 thought that phone without phisycal keyboard is just a gimmick and will never be picked up by the industry.
That's just inevitable that future is in electric cars and pretty soon ICE cars will just become a niche for some people who like sound of motor and gas smell.
Technology is not standing still. What's now a limitation soon be not a problem at all. Just a matter of time.
It's just not sustainable to burn so much fossil fuels for people transportation. It can't last forever.

Tesla takes a big part in driving technology forward and just for this earned its subsidies from governments and long term deposits from ordinary people.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2662 posts
348 upvotes
Amazon was not profitable until 5-6 years ago. Why?? It was building itself, warehouses, software business. Now they are ripping the benefits.

Tesla is not going anywhere trust me. All the businesses Musk started are all succeeding. SpaceX, Solar, Tesla. Batteries. He investing all the money into something he believes in.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2662 posts
348 upvotes
25 issues on a brand new car which was designed from scratch, is not too bad. Just look at how many issues other manufactures has.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1770 posts
575 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Great, the narrative is shifting from Model 3 to Semi Truck.
Gotta keep the story alive!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40900 posts
9836 upvotes
Publicly listed companies with a one or two trick pony need publicity stunts.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2662 posts
348 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 6:39 pm
Great, the narrative is shifting from Model 3 to Semi Truck.
Gotta keep the story alive!
He is not stopping at the model 3, expect next trucks, minivans, pick up trucks e.t.c The market is pretty big and he wants to capture as much as possible.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4407 posts
2753 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:20 am
Lol, probably comes from someone who in 2008 thought that phone without phisycal keyboard is just a gimmick and will never be picked up by the industry.
That's just inevitable that future is in electric cars and pretty soon ICE cars will just become a niche for some people who like sound of motor and gas smell.
Technology is not standing still. What's now a limitation soon be not a problem at all. Just a matter of time.
It's just not sustainable to burn so much fossil fuels for people transportation. It can't last forever.

Tesla takes a big part in driving technology forward and just for this earned its subsidies from governments and long term deposits from ordinary people.
Oh yes, sure they will. I won't be around to see it and neither will you most probably. With the paltry market share and sales barely possible unless the taxpayer pays a good portion of the sticker price I wouldn't hold my breath. Global EV sales amount to 3-4 days sales of ICE vehicles. Face facts, if anything is a niche it's EV's and not ICE. Enjoy your .7% market share, I also upvoted you for the chuckles.