Automotive

Tesla Ownership Experience (Car Talk ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:20 am
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
3349 posts
555 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Surely anyone confident in taking a long position on a stock shouldn't feel the need to go online and run up the company at every opportunity.
Put another way.

People come here and praise Tesla daily for the same reason. Both sides should be able to post their opinions and analyses of the company's future, otherwise all you'd see are the flagwavers' puff pieces about how amazing Tesla is and how Elon is going to change the world.

A pragmatic analysis of his companies is not a bad thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2329 posts
878 upvotes
LeisureSuitL wrote: Put another way.

People come here and praise Tesla daily for the same reason. Both sides should be able to post their opinions and analyses of the company's future, otherwise all you'd see are the flagwavers' puff pieces about how amazing Tesla is and how Elon is going to change the world.

A pragmatic analysis of his companies is not a bad thing.
Totally agree. It’s too bad name calling and insults have to be part of it. If I don’t agree with someone it doesn’t make them an idiot. Normally. The trouble is, anonymous web forums make many of us forget to be civil. Myself included sometimes I hate to admit.
Sep 21, 2004
11412 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
QN5252 wrote: You mean like the last 10 posts that have nothing to do with ownership?
LOL at least this one there is no discussion of impending bankruptcy or exhausted workers making cars in a tent outside in a parking lot using scrape parts. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
benjicash wrote: Totally agree. It’s too bad name calling and insults have to be part of it. If I don’t agree with someone it doesn’t make them an idiot. Normally. The trouble is, anonymous web forums make many of us forget to be civil. Myself included sometimes I hate to admit.
Why don't you tell the OP this. He's been gunning around telling everyone their opinon is "trash" or "BS." Then says a bunch of lies and backs them up with nothing.
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
367 upvotes
can't wait for the q2 earning calls, it really doesn't matter how many model 3s they make per week, warranty repair fix is thru the roofs and the most important thing is: still bleeding cash each and every single day!
looking at their balance sheets, without fresh capital injection, at most they have 18 months to live.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2329 posts
878 upvotes
MMMPower wrote: can't wait for the q2 earning calls, it really doesn't matter how many model 3s they make per week, warranty repair fix is thru the roofs and the most important thing is: still bleeding cash each and every single day!
looking at their balance sheets, without fresh capital injection, at most they have 18 months to live.
Seriously, what’s the strike and expiry on your options? Delta, theta? Curious.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
MMMPower wrote: can't wait for the q2 earning calls, it really doesn't matter how many model 3s they make per week, warranty repair fix is thru the roofs and the most important thing is: still bleeding cash each and every single day!
No fresh cap? They have less time than that. The owe $20B and need $10B more. They won't make enough $ from S,3,X to fund all that.
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
367 upvotes
300/270 spread, Aug expiry
benjicash wrote: Seriously, what’s the strike and expiry on your options? Delta, theta? Curious.
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
367 upvotes
well I gave them some benefit of doubt, b/c AWD P3 will have a higher gross margin than the current RWD, and that is what they will be pumping out starting this month.
although i have to admit I am surprised about the voluntary price drop on AWD P3 from 78k USD to 64k USD.

the 5000/week number is also a joke, you have 1 single configuration as in other than paint and wheel everyone gets the same exact car with 0 variance in trim, what an useless company!

Xtrema wrote: No fresh cap? They have less time than that. The owe $20B and need $10B more. They won't make enough $ from S,3,X to fund all that.
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
I have nothing against Tesla or Musk,
I just think the price of their cars is overpriced, for the quality you get and the lack of features. Even basic features like lane departure warning on the mirror you see on a Leaf doesn't even exist on Model 3.

For the price you are paying for a fully loaded extended range Model 3, it does not make sense economically in terms of savings on gas. And for that price, there are just so many better quality made ICE cars with better performance. Mid 70s range opens up a lot of luxury brand cars that are built better and have better performance.
Full-time Realtor
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
367 upvotes
feel really embarrassed for the model 3 owners, every car in the compact sedan class offers HUD. it is okay if you let go of the center dash, but at least put a HUD there.

oasis100 wrote: I have nothing against Tesla or Musk,
I just think the price of their cars is overpriced, for the quality you get and the lack of features. Even basic features like lane departure warning on the mirror you see on a Leaf doesn't even exist on Model 3.

For the price you are paying for a fully loaded extended range Model 3, it does not make sense economically in terms of savings on gas. And for that price, there are just so many better quality made ICE cars with better performance. Mid 70s range opens up a lot of luxury brand cars that are built better and have better performance.
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
367 upvotes
seriously i don't know what is more embarrassing:

snake oil CEO posting female reporter's old pics from FB today on twitter and never let go
or
making cheap garbage of a car in a tent

this company seriously needs to go BK asap

$TSLAQ
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
MMMPower wrote: seriously i don't know what is more embarrassing:

snake oil CEO posting female reporter's old pics from FB today on twitter and never let go
or

$TSLAQ
Now you’re just spewing things to be against Tesla.

Why don’t we keep this thread to Tesla vehicles? There’s another thread for the stock price.

You can critique the car all you want but at this point you’re just being really annoying and not contributing anything of value.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2329 posts
878 upvotes
MMMPower wrote: seriously i don't know what is more embarrassing:

or

$TSLAQ
Dude I’m asking you in a serious manner. Did Elon screw your sister or something? I think he’s kind of a boob too, even though I bought one, but man you’ve got some serious rage going on.
Jan 15, 2017
353 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
So much hate lol. remember, hate leads to the dark side.

lack of HUD is a bit of a bummer, but not a deal breaker. just a more convenient way to check speed.
Aug 7, 2017
518 posts
795 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: LOL at least this one there is no discussion of impending bankruptcy or exhausted workers making cars in a tent outside in a parking lot using scrape parts. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Give it time, trolls need to get bored first. I'm sure they'll come.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
I saw a few of the cars going the other way...no front license plate too. I wonder if they were Ontario drivers who opted not to front plate them. Of course, Quebecers don't have to plate them but all of the cars I've seen are in Kanata area (west Ottawa, further from Gatineau Quec)

Even thought I dislike the front bumper styling, it also seems wrong to attach a front plate smack in the middle of that smooth shape.
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 5th, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Jan 15, 2017
353 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
^ definitely starting to see them on the road in diff places now

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

Tikituk, MarkF56792, joey003