Automotive

Tesla refund question

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 4:26 pm
Apr 15, 2003
412 posts
45 upvotes
er34er34 You are correct, the fees are charged on both ends, and that's why I was wondering what other people had experienced. Although, when I phoned Tesla, the customer service rep said its not a wire transfer, but rather an ACH, which is essentially like a direct deposit so there should be no fees deducted when I receive the refund. I'll post again once I have money in hand. thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
I'd guess theres going to be alot of tesla cancelations. due to dougie!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
akito925 wrote: I'd guess theres going to be alot of tesla cancelations. due to dougie!
I think there are more cancellation due to not having the $35K model ready before US incentive runs out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
divx wrote: it has to be managed by utility as they are the only one allowed to sell power
engineered wrote: I thought currently installed chargers get around that by charging for the time to use the charger? Still, gov't should alter rules to allow reselling of electricity for EVs.
Either this is no longer the case or ChargePoint is breaking the rules, as I found at least one DC station that charges by kWh of energy.
Images
  • Clip2net_180725122035.png
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
bya1998 wrote: Trouble is, without incentives the manufacturers have zero incentive to build electric cars because the demand isn't there. Am I the only one who's seen a decade or two of "coming soon" promises of revolutionary electric vehicles and charging networks yet the only vehicles that appear in dealerships are a few marginally-beneficial, compromise hybrids like the Prius and a few short range, impractical BEVs. Also what happened to all the hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles that were just around the corner??

It's all spin and delay because the industry doesn't want the disruption - BEVs with their limited need for servicing, no need for gas stations, no need for a good portion of what Canadian Tire sells and so on are so hugely disruptive to the motoring industry and their $$$$. I honestly think there's a huge number of forces at work to stifle the progress. No surprise at all that Doug and his business buddies are right on board to help.
Elon didn't get your memo and had to sleep in his factory to get more EV produced. Also, EV require different servicing, it doesn't need oil change but it needs other repairs and just as costly if not more costly. The charge out rate of Tesla service tech is $175USD/hour, and you not hearing that to be an issue right now because most EV are still within warranty and less than a decade old.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
seafish wrote: Either this is no longer the case or ChargePoint is breaking the rules, as I found at least one DC station that charges by kWh of energy.
24kW barely qualifies as l3 when l2 spec tops out at 24kW. In that case the utility may have allowed it or the owner is not aware of the rules or not care. Keep in mind that utilities in Ontario is partially privatized, so the rules is more flexible. This is not the case for other provinces like Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan. The intended purpose of such rule was to prevent large building owners such as condo corp or commercial landlord from over charging on essential services, but when Ontario gave up partial control of said utility, the rule become less enforceable as private sector who owns and operate utilities could care less.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
bya1998 wrote: and a few short range, impractical BEVs.

BEVs with their limited need for servicing, no need for gas stations, no need for a good portion of what Canadian Tire sells and so on are so hugely disruptive to the motoring industry and their $$$$. I honestly think there's a huge number of forces at work to stifle the progress. No surprise at all that Doug and his business buddies are right on board to help.
Agreed that BEV development is being drawn out and without Tesla and its >Ford stock price there would be little will to move on with BEV development. Manufacturers don't want them but on the other hand they don't want to be left behind if competitors offer them. So they are all dragging their heels moving forward slowly in a line together.

For all the criticisms of the BEV offerings to date, I have not come across anyone who does not love their BEV.
Sep 1, 2005
73 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
sandals99 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in getting their deposit refund. I was going to request one and there are two options, one for receiving a cheque in 30-60 business days or a wire transfer in 10-13 business days. I like the idea of getting the refund quicker but I wasn't sure if when you select a wire transfer, if you will subject to a bunch of bank fees and therefore not receive your full $1000 refund. thanks for any feedback
I asked for bank deposit and there was no fee and refund was in account in a week.
Nov 29, 2006
70 posts
8 upvotes
Markham, on
I requested the $1000 deposit refund at the beginning of July. Just received the money back in my account last week. Slightly longer than 10 business days.
Apr 15, 2003
412 posts
45 upvotes
Just an update, as of today, August 29th, no refund on the deposit, which is now over a month. I phoned into the customer service and was advised it could be up to 60 days!
Apr 15, 2003
412 posts
45 upvotes
Refund received on August 31st. So it took just over a month to receive it.
Sep 10, 2014
79 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have been waiting for over 2 months now. Tesla says it issued the wire back to my credit card 1 month ago. Credit card doesn't reflect any. I am checking daily! :(
Anyone facing the same issue?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
xylene567 wrote: I have been waiting for over 2 months now. Tesla says it issued the wire back to my credit card 1 month ago. Credit card doesn't reflect any. I am checking daily! :(
Anyone facing the same issue?
That's not right. I got my refund and it took 4 weeks back in August. I would contact your credit card to see if there was an issue. Then I would contact Tesla and also show them your credit card statement showing theres no refund.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: Dougie really f'd everyone over with that subsidy cancellation. I wonder how many people are actually going through with their M3 order at $14k more expensive.
well let's be fair, Doug stop tax you cab tax any more, so the rebate program should stop. The move itself is part of his campaign promise so please accept fact Ontarian choose to save tax dollar rather handout to EV owner - of course.
Tesla buyer's screwed not because of cancellation of the program, it's Tesla unable to deliver in reasonable time frame.
<signature removed>
Sep 10, 2014
79 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bomber17 wrote: That's not right. I got my refund and it took 4 weeks back in August. I would contact your credit card to see if there was an issue. Then I would contact Tesla and also show them your credit card statement showing theres no refund.
Something is going on. I called the Credit card and they do not see anything. Tesla insists that they have wired it back to the original medium of payment, which is the same credit card and #. But Tesla cannot confirm if they messed up something about my card details. They say they cannot see the card number, which I get, but not even the last 4 digits??
I am giving them a call again today because it has been 2 weeks since I last talked to them. And want to check with the CC company if I do not get it in the next 2 months, if I can raise a dispute for the original charge?
The original charge was more than a year ago. So not sure ! :(
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
xylene567 wrote: Something is going on. I called the Credit card and they do not see anything. Tesla insists that they have wired it back to the original medium of payment, which is the same credit card and #. But Tesla cannot confirm if they messed up something about my card details. They say they cannot see the card number, which I get, but not even the last 4 digits??
I am giving them a call again today because it has been 2 weeks since I last talked to them. And want to check with the CC company if I do not get it in the next 2 months, if I can raise a dispute for the original charge?
The original charge was more than a year ago. So not sure ! :(
You may want to get written correspondence if you're gonna raise a dispute with your credit card. Try emailing Tesla so you have a paper trail. That way, when you dispute, it'll show that you did cancel and requested a refund and it was approved, just that they don't know where the payment went.

See if you can get them to do a direct deposit into your bank account instead. That's what I requested and my refund got deposited right into my account with no issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)