• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2006 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
8 upvotes
a2vr6 wrote:I'd pick an XRS over a cobalt ANY day. To the the OP that said the Yaris feels unsafe at 150 has got to be kidding. My Yaris is super smooth and quiet on the highway at any speed.
Agreed. The XRS is SEXY for a corolla.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12480 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
Gordon wrote:Yeah only if your a ricer. Ahh just kiddin ;)
If you want a car that will break down on you. And cost you stacks of insurance go right ahead and buy one.
I would say the prelude is nicer.
But thats just me. I wouldn't go near a used integra or prelude. Insurance would KILL me.

Cobalt is a fairly nicely made car.
The Corolla Sport and the XRS are nice too!
somehow my insurance on integra isn't coming out to be that bad..
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12480 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
a2vr6 wrote:I'd pick an XRS over a cobalt ANY day. To the the OP that said the Yaris feels unsafe at 150 has got to be kidding. My Yaris is super smooth and quiet on the highway at any speed.

I have driven Yaris and I do agree that it doesn't handle as well as car with more weight.

I love the Fusion!
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12480 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
Btw, if anyone wants to buy GM vehicles. Pm me..I'll save you another $2000
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
8 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:somehow my insurance on integra isn't coming out to be that bad..
Really? What insurance company are you with?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12480 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
certainly not for Type R..but its just $50 more then what I am driving right now which is super cheap at $135/month (for me, under 25)..

integra at $185. I would rather be driving that then the mazda 323! :) Although love the 323 but I always wanted the integra.

Btw, if anyone is thinking about buying the GM, I can sell you my sunfire for $500 which will give you $2000 off your brand new car. + you can negotiate more. This is from their GM loyalty program!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6499 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
weedb0y wrote:Btw, if anyone is thinking about buying the GM, I can sell you my sunfire for $500 which will give you $2000 off your brand new car. + you can negotiate more. This is from their GM loyalty program!
GM is giving a hidden discount of $2000 to all GM owners buying a new GM?
[OP]
Banned
Dec 31, 2004
2431 posts
2 upvotes
Regina, Saskatchewan
Please enlight me with some more details! $2000cad is huge consider a cobalt only cost like $20000cad plus tax!
FS: Compaq Turion 64 ML34 laptop for $350cad including shipping within Canada: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=562159

FS: SB800 flash, iPAQ PDA, AB400 Studio Light, Lightsphere 2, 5 in 1 light reflectors 42"
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ost5299296
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=460399
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2505 posts
39 upvotes
Milton
you should look into the ss/sc version, 205 hp, better suspension, better everything

ive got one:
"shameless promotion"

Nov 26, 2003
86 posts
Kingston
2000fordfocus wrote:Please enlight me with some more details! $2000cad is huge consider a cobalt only cost like $20000cad plus tax!
I think it's $1000 for their loyalty program (for previous Cavalier, Sunfire, Grand Am, etc. owners. Note you DON'T have to trade in the car - just prove you own one) and another $1000 for Car Heaven, whereby you send your car to "car heaven" and GM gives you $1000.

Some restrictions apply to the Car Heaven thing (check out http://www.carheaven.ca for more info)

I recently used both the above, plus my GM Visa dollars to save $3500 off my new Vibe. And that was after I offered $200 over dealer invoice.

With GM having to throw money at customers to get them to buy their product, it's no wonder they're slowly going in the tank...
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12480 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
awesome deal for your vibe..considering its corolla as well..better deal then the matrix!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1822 posts
14 upvotes
Oshawa
Personally...these are two just different cars.
If you want pretty solid design, build quality and good resale, slow acceleration, great gas mileage, Cute...take the Yaris.

If you want a larger car, slightly less gas mileage, solid build quality, successful new vehicle launch(little or no recalls) sexy looks, dumb spoiler, fast as hell and OEM upgradeable...take the Cobalt SS/SC.

I bought an SS/SC over a year ago, and have never regretted it. I got the top of the line model with GM empl. discount for just over $20k...IMO there is nothing with all the options that can compare. Domestic or Import.
And buy the SS/SC! other than the Supercharger the options you get included are well worth the extra $1-2k.

Since we are showing our own: ;)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/ ... RainSS.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
GuiltySpark wrote:If you want a larger car, slightly less gas mileage, solid build quality, successful new vehicle launch(little or no recalls) sexy looks, dumb spoiler, fast as hell and OEM upgradeable...take the Cobalt SS/SC.
You're right on the other points except it's too soon to say wether the Cobalt has a solid build quality or if there's a recall coming up. Give it another 3 years and we'll finally see if GM got it right with this one.
I'm more skeptical about GM's quality ever since the engine gasket problems plus the other past shenanigans with their varied lineup.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Dec 2, 2003
740 posts
4 upvotes
Gordon wrote:Cobalt is a fairly nicely made car.
The Corolla Sport and the XRS are nice too!
[This is not directed at Gordon, but to everyone else that doesn't know what is under the sheet metal of said cars]

Just because a manufacturer puts a sticker or a badge on a car doesn't make it into better handling car.

Toyota's suspension on their value cars is generations behind when compared to the Cobalt, and their engines are pretty anemic also (but they do get really good gas mileage). Toyota's are not sports cars they are appliances.

If you want a Japanese car that handles good and won't buy a domestic, stick to Honda.