• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2006 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Sep 7, 2004
1177 posts
Brampton/Mississauga
Gordon wrote:Yeah only if your a ricer. Ahh just kiddin ;)
If you want a car that will break down on you. And cost you stacks of insurance go right ahead and buy one.
I would say the prelude is nicer.
But thats just me. I wouldn't go near a used integra or prelude. Insurance would KILL me.

Cobalt is a fairly nicely made car.
The Corolla Sport and the XRS are nice too!

Insurance i can see costing stacks on a Type r.. but breaking down? VERY rare, i have had my type R since 2000 and 0 problems. Never seen an acura mechanic once. Even after lapping days at the track never have i had a problem. And that goes to other people i know who have regular integras. :razz:
[ E-6600 @ STOCK | P5N32-E SLI | BFG 8800GTX | 2x1024MB OCZ PLATINUM SLI 8500 | SEAGATE 7200.10 250GB | OCZ 600 WATT GAME-X-| SOUNDBLASTER X-FI ]

Heatware : Nuspeed
Jul 12, 2005
244 posts
6 upvotes
For 2007, The Cobalt should be getting the 3 spoke steering wheel (like the Solstice,HHR, G6,....) and the other corporate stereo (Black Tie, found in Solstice, HHR....) that looks soooo much better.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10430 posts
208 upvotes
bionicbadger wrote:It looks like this:

Everything is in the center you look down infront of the wheel and see nothing.
That's a gay dashboard.... Gay dashboards, red indicators, or indicators located behind the headlights are three things that would kill a car deal for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3272 posts
58 upvotes
rayner55 wrote:where is the tachometer in that pic?
Believe it or not, cars still come without tachometers!
The center console is a stupid design, done to cut costs when producing both right and left hand drive cars
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6273 posts
64 upvotes
Etobicoke
Actually, the centre console idea is great. I mount the GPS & laptop in the space in front of the driver to help navigate or fine tune fuel & ignition parameters while driving. The speedo on the GPS is more accurate than the speedo in my car and the tach on the laptop screen can be programmed to display either as a dial or histogram etc.

It's conceivable that one can surf the net too if they have a cellular modem or AIR card. Or even watch a movie on the laptop. But I've never tried any of that before.
May 28, 2006
54 posts
Outta these 5 cars

1) Acura RSX
2) Honda Civic
3) Chevrolet Cobalt
4) Toyota Celica
5) Mazda 3

I picked the cobalt. I test drove each one, put all of them to the test, found out things which one car had that the others didnt have. Also bargained down all of those cars, but the best deal was with the cobalt. I have a 2006 Cobalt LS, (I picked the LS instead of the ss/sc or ss 2.4, because I was gonna mod the car anyways, half the parts like 18" rims, ss seats, pioneer sound system w/sub, would have been replaced).

It's up to you, and what car you think is best for you. The only thing you might wanna consider is your insurance premium, and fuel efficency.
If you really wanna save on gas, I suggest you look into a hybrid civic. Costs about 22-26 000, but it'll be worth it in the long run.