Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

TextMe + Call free canadian# to call & txt anywhere in canada & US

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 3:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
MontrealPost wrote: But non of the above can call landline without buying credit. Wish I saw this post last year or so . . . started with Pinger, then Textnow, only install Textme yesterday . . . . advantage is in calling and SMS overseas, not limited to North America by Textnow.

However, I find getting credits by watching video a lot slower than Textnow and fewer ad available to watch in Textme. Still sell 40 credits for $0.99. Calling overseas range from 1 to 2 credits per min., hence 2.5 or 5 cents per min of talktime. SMS requires 5 credits, that's quite expensive.
And your reason for responding to this ancient thread is..... :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MontrealPost wrote: worst is Hangouts
I've used all of the above, and I'd say my favourite, and the one with highest, or comparable quality, is Hangouts.

Hangouts has the best UI in my opinion.

Fongo has the irritating symbol in the notifications bar, among other things.

TextMe requires you to watch advertisements to acquire credits.

For Hangouts, just dial like a normal phone. Literally one click from opening the app to dialing screen. No ads too.
Sep 10, 2017
1 posts
With Fongo, the permanent notification in your notification area is completely optional and can be turned off however it's not recommended if you wish to reliably receive incoming calls using the app which is entirely a limitation of the android operating system itself. Fortunately, they provide enhanced call forwarding (follow me) service, allowing you to forward your calls and even ring up to 3 numbers (either simultaneously or subsequently one after the other) completely free of charge provided that the forwarding number is within the free calling area. Texting is also super cheap if you subscribe to it and call quality is exceptional. Alternatively, If you purchase sip credentials you are able to use the stock dialer application in android and it protects your account from being disconnected due to inactivity as does having prepaid long distance credit available on your account.

Hangouts Dialer is certainly a great application however it is only for outgoing calls and your caller id number will change every time unless you have a Google Voice account which is geo resticted to the usa only but is probably one of the coolest things ever made.

Personally, I use either Talkatone or Freetone
both offer a free phone number in the usa or canada
and unlimited calling & texting across both countries

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)