• Dec 8th, 2018 1:49 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
914 posts
151 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON

TFSA question

at the beginning of the year I put in my contribution as usual. yesterday, by accident mistake I transferred most of it out of the TFSA ( into a regular bank savings account ). now
the money has been transferred and sits in the savings account. as I say it was an error on my part, and those funds need to go back to the TFSA, but I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.
3 replies
Nov 28, 2017
261 posts
217 upvotes
Penrose wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 3:18 pm
at the beginning of the year I put in my contribution as usual. yesterday, by accident mistake I transferred most of it out of the TFSA ( into a regular bank savings account ). now
the money has been transferred and sits in the savings account. as I say it was an error on my part, and those funds need to go back to the TFSA, but I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.
Wait until next year then put them back in. (Or if you had more accumulated room leftover than your balance, put em back in now).
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2900 posts
1335 upvotes
Penrose wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 3:18 pm
Fortunately for you, January is just around the corner... unless you know you have extra room, just wait until January 1st to re-deposit.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K AGAIN! | Plat 60K | Biz Gold 40K | Gold 25K | SPG 20K
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
914 posts
151 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
thanks guys. I'll sit tight till 2019 and then fix it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)