Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3222 posts
757 upvotes
Oshawa
jjiang002 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 11:52 pm
Q: What will happen if my car insurance company find out I might drive my car during the suspension period(A suspension auto policy, and I need to report my odometer annually)? Will my current policy be canceled? Or worse, will I be charged?
Q: Is there any redemption to avoid being found by my car insurance company?
Thanks, guys.
Just don't drive if you are afraid of anything happening.

If you don't care about liabilities, then take your car for a spin and pray to god that nothing happens.

The vehicle is insured, but you are suspended.

What makes you think that under suspension you can drive??????? Wake up here!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1850 posts
997 upvotes
Ottawa
I think OP is talking about a suspended auto policy, as in no coverage other than fire and theft that's meant for stored vehicles; not actually suspended driver licence.

And if that is the case, the insurance company can't really tell if you've been driving under the fire and theft coverage only policy unless
a) you're caught by the police for some infraction and you produce an insurance policy that does not have 3rd party liability coverage. The police will charge you with in conveyance without proper insurance. Your insurer will find out about it when you go to renew and see the ticket under your record.
b) you get into an accident and can't produce proper insurance.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
1902 posts
1948 upvotes
GTA
Can you just not drive without insurance?

If insurance is too expensive, bus passes are cheap.

edit: lol moved to wheels and tires: the graveyard of RFD auto