Wheels and Tires

Thanks, guys.

Jan 26, 2019
32 posts

Thanks, guys.

Thanks, guys.
Last edited by jjiang002 on Jan 28th, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6961 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON
If anything happens driving while you have suspended then you will have have NO insurance coverage.

This means no payout for the damage to your vehicle and you’re personally for damage to other vehicles caused by you or personal liability for any 3rd party damages caused by you such as damage to a guard rail, signage, light post, etc. You will also be sued personally for any injuries. Unless you’re super-rich, you risk being financially ruined.

And to top it off, if you get pulled over by police for any reason then you can be charged for driving with no insurance.

This is a terrible idea and a very bad risk to take. Don’t do it.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jjiang002 wrote: Q: Is there any redemption to avoid being found by my car insurance company?
Simple. Ask daddy to wire you some pocket change, maybe $1-2M, to buy a faster car so you can outrun the red/blue lights behind you.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14183 upvotes
Toronto
Posts 1.
troll 2.jpg
Last edited by Swerny on Jan 28th, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
Yes, you will be charged if you drive without insurance.

And if you crash, you will be sued.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
derass wrote: Yes, you will be charged if you drive without insurance.

And if you crash, you will be sued.
Both are non-issues that can be easily solved by Bank of Daddy Jiang.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
1114 posts
521 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP, better question will be "What will happen if cops find out I might drive my car during the suspension period".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
Lol thread.

Just suspend your insurance for x amount of days so you have no temptation to drive your ride.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Reminds of a coworker who had no insurance for 24 hours due to switching companies and he was rear-ended during this 24-hour period... lucky for him police were not involved as it happened literally right outside the front doors of a police station.

He was out of pocket $2300...

It's not worth the risk.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
to answer these questions more specifically, could you please include your name and address?
Oct 2, 2017
850 posts
608 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: Reminds of a coworker who had no insurance for 24 hours due to switching companies and he was rear-ended during this 24-hour period... lucky for him police were not involved as it happened literally right outside the front doors of a police station.

He was out of pocket $2300...

It's not worth the risk.
nope and if you call your insurance they will give you a temporary insurance for that day just to cover your bum. It happened when there was a 1 day gap between the expiry of insurance on my trade in and the new car I was supposed to pick up. Called them and told them and she was like yea we'll give you insurance for that day and I dropped in off in peace. don't risk it
I'll see you at the top, cause the bottom is too crowded
Dec 14, 2006
217 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
'Will I be jailed if I kill someone?'
Well yes likely.
Life is Hard. It's harder when you're stupid.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23732 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nope. Everything is legal till you get caught.

Go for it.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13283 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
BE A SMART MAN YOU TOOL! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
jjiang002 wrote: Q: What will happen if my car insurance company find out I might drive my car during the suspension period(A suspension auto policy, and I need to report my odometer annually)? Will my current policy be canceled? Or worse, will I be charged?
Q: Is there any redemption to avoid being found by my car insurance company?
Thanks, guys.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
way too many troll posts now a days. Someone is really bored and unemployed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8427 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
jjiang002 wrote: Q: What will happen if my car insurance company find out I might drive my car during the suspension period(A suspension auto policy, and I need to report my odometer annually)? Will my current policy be canceled? Or worse, will I be charged?
Q: Is there any redemption to avoid being found by my car insurance company?
Thanks, guys.
Just don't drive if you are afraid of anything happening.

If you don't care about liabilities, then take your car for a spin and pray to god that nothing happens.

The vehicle is insured, but you are suspended.

What makes you think that under suspension you can drive??????? Wake up here!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
I think OP is talking about a suspended auto policy, as in no coverage other than fire and theft that's meant for stored vehicles; not actually suspended driver licence.

And if that is the case, the insurance company can't really tell if you've been driving under the fire and theft coverage only policy unless
a) you're caught by the police for some infraction and you produce an insurance policy that does not have 3rd party liability coverage. The police will charge you with in conveyance without proper insurance. Your insurer will find out about it when you go to renew and see the ticket under your record.
b) you get into an accident and can't produce proper insurance.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
Can you just not drive without insurance?

If insurance is too expensive, bus passes are cheap.

edit: lol moved to wheels and tires: the graveyard of RFD auto