• Mar 31st, 2018 5:24 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1750 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto

[The Bay] 20% off throughout stores on April 6, $5 donation required

I got an email that describes this year's Giving Day promotion at The Bay. It takes place on April 6 and will give you 20% off items in-store.

Basically you participate by paying for a $5 ticket and part of your donation goes to charity (a program with Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada). You should be able to buy the ticket in-store. In previous years you could buy tickets directly from other charities too that you could use at The Bay, but not sure about this year.

"April 6, 2018 | All Day
All Stores
Giving Day
April 6 is Giving Day! Join us by purchasing a $5 ticket to save up to 20% off throughout the store. Proceeds from in-store ticket sales will support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada's HBC Summer Brain Gain program, ensuring a summer vacation of continued learning and development for children by providing opportunities to practice reading and mathematics skills!"
6 replies
Mar 26, 2005
892 posts
974 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Giving Day is coming to Home Outfitters, Hudsonʼs Bay and Hudson's Bay Home stores.

Online use promo code GIVE.
Sep 8, 2017
411 posts
964 upvotes
Before anyone mentions that “don’t buy this unless you know you’re gonna spend over $25 to break even for the ticket,” please note that the $5 will be going to charity for a good cause and not to the pockets of upper management.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2668 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
matttheman wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 10:39 pm
Before anyone mentions that “don’t buy this unless you know you’re gonna spend over $25 to break even for the ticket,” please note that the $5 will be going to charity for a good cause and not to the pockets of upper management.
Agreed except remember most chain stores will deduct an administrative fee on total donations vs if you donate directly, the charity gets more of the money. One reason i do annual donations (generally nov) then say no thanks at basically every checkout that ask. Plus the extra benefit of getting tax writeoff.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3557 posts
974 upvotes
Edmonton
I assume the exception list will be long?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2294 posts
1519 upvotes
Toronto
got excited, i thought i read ebay 20% couponFace With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1750 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto
U4IA wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:10 pm
I assume the exception list will be long?
The email I received did not list an exclusion list, but information about the online promo code did mention exclusions. I'll post them if I find a copy of that list.