Mar 26, 2005
303 posts
251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Updated on Thursday morning with correct details:

Online & In Stores
Super Savings Weekend
Extra 20% Off Almost Anything
10% Off Cosmetics & Fragrances With Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® Or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card

ENDS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5 AT 11:59PM ET
Use Code: SUPER

FULL DETAILS FOR SUPER SAVINGS WEEKEND.

**20% and 10% discounts are mutually exclusive, and neither can be combined with a new account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Friday, November 3, 2017. Cannot be combined with any other coupon(s). See in store or online for details.

The following are a maximum 10% discount: CONFECTIONERY, GOURMET, PARROT, PHANTOM, and SOLOGEAR. The following are a maximum 15% discount: FURNITURE, MATTRESSES, and PATIO FURNITURE.
Last edited by cslusarc on Nov 1st, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8139 posts
1303 upvotes
Will be hitting the Bay.com tonight. Thanks.
Mar 8, 2006
243 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Tried the super code, but aint' working yet? the page
May 8, 2003
12 posts
cslusarc wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:36 pm
Next promo should be available online tonight @ 00:01 ET:

FULL DETAILS HERE.

10%, 15% and 20% offers are mutually exclusive and cannot be combined with New Account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Friday November 4th, 2016. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s).

The following commodities are only eligible for a maximum 15% discount: outdoor living, furniture, mattresses, small appliances and personal care electrics. The following commodities are only eligible for a maximum 10% discount: confectionary and beauty categories
Your link is a year old - However as PeterH768640 posted, SAVEBIG (15% off) was sent via email today (ends Nov 2nd 11:59PM ET), and there's 20% off with the Bay card from Friday Nov 3rd to Sunday Nov 5th (sent via post mail)
Apr 2, 2008
303 posts
40 upvotes
Mr. VTEC wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 8:10 pm
Your link is a year old - However as PeterH768640 posted, SAVEBIG (15% off) was sent via email today (ends Nov 2nd 11:59PM ET), and there's 20% off with the Bay card from Friday Nov 3rd to Sunday Nov 5th (sent via post mail)
Link is old but SUPER code works fine.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2284 posts
394 upvotes
Vancouver
bargain88 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 4:03 pm
Any idea if this works on furniture or appliances?
Today promo SAVEBIG , 10% furniture discount. This promo is supposed to be online only. Salesman gave it to me.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
1160 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
website crashing and super code no longer working?
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
303 posts
251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
I was trying to place my sixth order (after 11pm CDT) before I went to bed last night @ 1am CDT & then their website refused to complete my order after 6 attempts. I'm not happy because now I have to wait 5 days for $350 worth of credit card authorizations to expire.

* as of 4:30pm EDT , there is a queue to shop @ thebay.com. hopefully this works.

The one good thing about the outage is that all my orders which were placed before the outage shipped today, which is a rarity for me. Usually for me, the items which ship from "SLC" ship that business day, items shipped from stores are normally next, but items shipped from directly from HBC's manually fulfilled warehouse tend to ship up to 2 business days later.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
303 posts
251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Next week is November's President’s Discount event.

My letter came in today with a coupon for Wednesday, November 8th to Sunday, November 12th.
Discounts are @ 10%, 15% or 25% irregardless of method of payment using the instore coupon or the online promo code VIP.

10%: regular- price cosmetics & fragrances; major appliances

15%: regular- price & sale- price matresses; furniture, small appliances, cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, personal care electrics and confectionery.

25%: clothing, accessories, shoes, jewellery, handbags. linens & housewares.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
303 posts
251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Updated (now includes an offer of 15% off no matter how you pay when you shop online):
Online & In Stores
Super Savings Weekend
Extra 20% Off Almost Anything
10% Off Cosmetics & Fragrances With Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® Or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card

OR Online Only
Extra 15% Off
No Matter How You Pay

ENDS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5 AT 11:59PM ET
Use Code: SUPER

20%, 15% and 10% discounts are mutually exclusive, and neither can be combined with a new account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Saturday, November 4, 2017. Cannot be combined with any other coupon(s). See in store or online for details.
The following are a maximum 10% discount: CONFECTIONERY, GOURMET, PARROT, PHANTOM, and SOLOGEAR. The following are a maximum 15% discount: FURNITURE, MATTRESSES, and PATIO FURNITURE.

Full details.

I guess sales were disappointing yesterday after their website crashed on Thursday.
Jan 27, 2016
199 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I love the bay as it carries many of the brands I wear often like superdry, diesel, g-star, only and sons etc. But wow does thei website suck, fix your damn site to make it easier and then worry about the other stuff. Is funny how companies can fix their financial issues if they just listen to complaints
Jul 19, 2013
174 posts
72 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:15 am
I love the bay as it carries many of the brands I wear often like superdry, diesel, g-star, only and sons etc. But wow does thei website suck, fix your damn site to make it easier and then worry about the other stuff. Is funny how companies can fix their financial issues if they just listen to complaints
Thanks OP! I fully agree with you. That's why they have started to divest the key assets...a downward spiral is on the horizon. They are hit by this "out of stock" bug so deeply, that I have developed almost zero expectation on orders fulfillment.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
303 posts
251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Re: OUT OF STOCK issues

I ordered a coffee grinder on Sunday before I went to bed, but it was cancelled. However the item was still showing as being available and I reordered it on Wednesday after 11pm CT and it shipped from store 1113 in Regina. I'm assuming that once an item in an order is assigned to one store, it cannot be reassigned to another if that first store is unable to fulfill the order and that's why we are receiving so many cancellations on items that are apparently in stock.
Jan 21, 2016
111 posts
46 upvotes
GVRD
ravi121 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:32 am
Thanks OP! I fully agree with you. That's why they have started to divest the key assets...a downward spiral is on the horizon. They are hit by this "out of stock" bug so deeply, that I have developed almost zero expectation on orders fulfillment.

What are you talking about? They've just finished buying more than twenty stores in the Netherlands, and spent a quarter of a billion US more, to buy out a firm that specializes in online flash sales.

The problem is that the company is land-rich, blessed with some of the finest downtown real estate in urban centres from Victoria to Halifax, but its share price has never reflected those holdings. Hudson's Bay's real estate assets alone are valued at C$36/share, more than three times its current market price of $11.

My guess is that they're simply trying to crystallize nearly C$1B of capital gains before Vancouver's downtown land prices begin to correct - not seeking cash to finance ongoing operations. I remind you that people were predicting the end of the Bay as a retail entity more than four years back, when it sold off its Toronto downtown store and attached business tower to Cadillac Fairview, for C$650M and a very favourable lease-back arrangement.This store, with approximately the same square footage, and without an attached office tower, might just sell for twice that.

In fact, last week they made a surprise announcement that they had sold their Manhattan Lord and Taylor premises for over US$1.1B, and will lease half of it back from the purchaser for twenty years. So they got their money out, and still get to keep their desirable location, while simultaneously monetizing their excess Manhattan retail space for a premium return.

In addition, they've partnered with RioCan and Simon Properties to create a US$4B enterprise, the ostensible purpose of which is to spin off much of their Canadian real estate holdings into an independent REIT - thus generating several billion dollars more.
I believe that these are not the moves of a retailer in trouble. Rather, I think these are the moves of a corporation trying to unlock billions of dollars of shareholder equity that is currently tied up in downtown Canadian real estate: a major corporate asset that the stock market has never (in HBC directors' opinion) valued fairly.

Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3976 posts
1142 upvotes
cslusarc wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:50 am
Re: OUT OF STOCK issues

I ordered a coffee grinder on Sunday before I went to bed, but it was cancelled. However the item was still showing as being available and I reordered it on Wednesday after 11pm CT and it shipped from store 1113 in Regina. I'm assuming that once an item in an order is assigned to one store, it cannot be reassigned to another if that first store is unable to fulfill the order and that's why we are receiving so many cancellations on items that are apparently in stock.
I didn't know they did the same as Canadian Tire/Mark's, I thought they had their own distribution centre:

https://www3.hbc.com/press-release-cont ... on-center/

On some Mark's deals, some members get ordets cancelled while some stores still have a lot of inventory of an item (not just a single item). Definitely frustrating.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)