Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Arcade 1Up Countercades $216

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 4:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 26, 2007
77 posts
26 upvotes
Winnipeg

[The Bay] Arcade 1Up Countercades $216

These just popped up in my Kijiji ads. If you were considering one for Christmas this might be the time to buy.
Cheaper than US price of $199 USD but more importantly they all appear to be in stock with free shipping.

Just an FYI that in these pics you are seeing the box, the cabinet is inside..

digdug.png
si.png
cent.png
pac.png
Last edited by knievel on Oct 30th, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 7, 2017
985 posts
2578 upvotes
New Brunswick
The screen look pretty small. I understand they're tabletop and meant to be a bit smaller, but it'd be nice if the screens were closer to the ones on their regular cabinets
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 17, 2004
2871 posts
279 upvotes
Ottawa
Now if we could only find decent prices on the larger machines... love to have one of those MK machines!
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2008
2047 posts
1012 upvotes
GTA
BranCracker wrote: The screen look pretty small. I understand they're tabletop and meant to be a bit smaller, but it'd be nice if the screens were closer to the ones on their regular cabinets
Agree. Looking at the pictures, my guesstimate of the screen is like a 7" tablet. At least make it like 10" or bigger then it would have been better imho.


.

.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 26, 2006
1205 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: Agree. Looking at the pictures, my guesstimate of the screen is like a 7" tablet. At least make it like 10" or bigger then it would have been better imho.


.

.
Description says 8” display. Larger would definitely be nicer.
Sr. Member
May 30, 2011
901 posts
1264 upvotes
KhajitGotWares wrote: The Bay accepts eBay gift cards now?
I think they are referring to the HBC gift cards sold on eBay for 15% off.
Jr. Member
Aug 18, 2018
114 posts
61 upvotes
Us Walmart had the big ones for 49 us wish we got deals like that
Member
Jun 7, 2009
206 posts
249 upvotes
I ended up buying the Centipede one because of the spinner wheel. Have been wanting to build an Arcade Cabinet for a while, but until I get around to that this should make a nice place holder. There's a pretty good mod community out there for Arcade 1UP and these counter top ones appear to have the same internal components as the 3/4' stand ups (except the screen of course).

Looks like the eBay gift card store is no longer doing a discount of HBC GCs. They were also doing discounts on Play Station and Rexall ones, but they're also done.

Ebates has 5% back as mentioned earlier (best of the cash back sites today), there's also a Shop Online & Pick Up in Store promo for HBC. The $10 in HBC Points will expire within a month so pay attention. Actually had a choice of several locations in Toronto that says they have stock.

Ended up redeeming my Air Miles for 2x $50 GC eVouchers (NOTE: there's a 2 GC limit when paying online at HBC!) to make it easier.

--- UPDATE ---
Half an hour after ordering for pickup to Yonge + Bloor they cancelled my order saying it was sold out. Went to reorder with another store pickup and now my 2x $50 GC say they have no balance. Thanks HBC.

--- Further Update ---
Spent half hour on the phone with support. Was very convoluted because I redeemed Air Miles for 2x $50 HBC Gift Cards. I said just send me the item I ordered, they said they would (as it is in stock on-line, just not in store), no email confirmation or anything. Checked the mail today and they Priority Expressed me a $100 Gift Card instead. Fine, I'm done with this.
Last edited by matt2_m416 on Oct 31st, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3683 posts
1197 upvotes
Ajax
I wish it was the regular machines on sale as these are not ideal in many common installations.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2081 posts
1203 upvotes
matt2_m416 wrote: I ended up buying the Centipede one because of the spinner wheel. Have been wanting to build an Arcade Cabinet for a while, but until I get around to that this should make a nice place holder. There's a pretty good mod community out there for Arcade 1UP and these counter top ones appear to have the same internal components as the 3/4' stand ups (except the screen of course).

Looks like the eBay gift card store is no longer doing a discount of HBC GCs. They were also doing discounts on Play Station and Rexall ones, but they're also done.

Ebates has 5% back as mentioned earlier (best of the cash back sites today), there's also a Shop Online & Pick Up in Store promo for HBC. The $10 in HBC Points will expire within a month so pay attention. Actually had a choice of several locations in Toronto that says they have stock.

Ended up redeeming my Air Miles for 2x $50 GC eVouchers (NOTE: there's a 2 GC limit when paying online at HBC!) to make it easier.

--- UPDATE ---
Half an hour after ordering for pickup to Yonge + Bloor they cancelled my order saying it was sold out. Went to reorder with another store pickup and now my 2x $50 GC say they have no balance. Thanks HBC.
Note that they have a condition where they invalidate your eBates if you paid for your order using gift cards (even partial payment). The Bay is horrible, can't wait until they go under
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know what my mom and dad paid for those mini ones back in the day that were table top but I can surely say they were loads of fun. As for the price here I don't think I could stomach it as it isn't much more in some place to get the larger cabinets.
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
I get one and bring it to work
Sr. Member
Feb 27, 2011
925 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
So are these the exact same size as the other Arcade 1Up models or are these even smaller in size than the other models? What about the riser? I recall that some models are sold with the risers included.

Top