Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1114 posts
1238 upvotes
St Clements, MB

[The Bay] BAYDAYS (April 13 to May 3) 2018

Just to let everyone know the semi-annual "BAYDAYS" event starts this Friday.

Visit here to preview your flyer.

Watch out for online only BAYNIGHTS events on select evenings throughout the 3 weeks of BAYDAYS.

At least 1 Seniors' Day falls during BAYDAYS on Tuesday, May 1st.
Last edited by cslusarc on Apr 11th, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
72 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1114 posts
1238 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Week 1:

Free shipping on Friday with no minimum purchase.

This Weekend (Friday to Sunday):

Save 50% off of select men's Clarks shoes (excluding Clarks Originals).

the lowest price of this year on select items including:

Save 20% off of select Toys & LEGO

Save 40% off of select Kids' and Babies' fashions and outerwear

Save 55% off of most Furniture with $.00 price endings

DISTINCTLY HOME Mariposa Wing Chair $299 (Save $500)

HUDSONʼS BAY Belgian biscuit collection, 230 g $9.99 (save $5)

Shoes:
Save 30% to 40% on most spring & summer footwear

STYLE & CO Sandals for women $29.99 (save $39.01)
Last edited by cslusarc on Apr 11th, 2018 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 14, 2017
246 posts
201 upvotes
The biscuit collection! Dear GOD, get this sale on the FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWS!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2729 posts
2049 upvotes
Toronto
so for home appliances, 10% off bay day and then another 15% off seniors day?
May 15, 2015
89 posts
35 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Anybody buy those bone China 40 piece plate sets? Looking at either mikasa or glukenstein.
Nov 17, 2017
93 posts
133 upvotes
Is there anyway to get a senior discount online .......minus the fact I’m not a senior.
Please don’t s@$t on my parade
Aug 22, 2004
800 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Sassy2424 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 1:59 pm
Is there anyway to get a senior discount online .......minus the fact I’m not a senior.
Be sassy to a senior and bring them to the Bay for the discount.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1776 posts
1033 upvotes
was hoping for some better deals on mens dress shirts
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
that free shipping Friday scratches me right where I itch
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Mar 6, 2017
260 posts
127 upvotes
thanks for the flyer.

I see the Breville Barista espresso maker will be $300 off. I have no idea how these work but my girl wants one so bad. My concern is can this thing make a regular coffee and is it similar to clean compared to a coffee maker? If it doesn't make a regular coffee can it make a latte at least?

Also is this the 840xl or 870xl?

If anyone has experience with espresso machines can you help me out... I want my girl to be happy but I am not going to be spending my mornings or evenings cleaning up some machine for 30 minutes lol
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1783 posts
569 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Free shipping...meh...
I just order over $99 and get free shipping then return whatever items I dont' want to the bay.
Or if I buy shoes, but a half size bigger or smaller to try and then return the one that I don't want to the store.
Aug 27, 2017
155 posts
114 upvotes
stovetop wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 5:34 pm
Free shipping...meh...
I just order over $99 and get free shipping then return whatever items I dont' want to the bay.
Or if I buy shoes, but a half size bigger or smaller to try and then return the one that I don't want to the store.
I buy a ring, which is the smallest thing I can think of that's pricey. Much easier to carry around.
Koodo 6GB $40/month
Dec 1, 2014
49 posts
26 upvotes
Kanata, ON
dpacto wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 3:06 pm
thanks for the flyer.

I see the Breville Barista espresso maker will be $300 off. I have no idea how these work but my girl wants one so bad. My concern is can this thing make a regular coffee and is it similar to clean compared to a coffee maker? If it doesn't make a regular coffee can it make a latte at least?

Also is this the 840xl or 870xl?

If anyone has experience with espresso machines can you help me out... I want my girl to be happy but I am not going to be spending my mornings or evenings cleaning up some machine for 30 minutes lol
Looks to be the 870xl. The 870XL is the 840XL with the built in grinder (I believe it's the same as the Pro grinder). Price is okay too, judging by the price history on Amazon:

https://ca.***************.com/Breville ... B00CH9QWOU

I have the 840XL with the grinder separately and know plenty of people with the 870XL as well. They're honestly great value for the money. They don't take that much taking care of - They do use filters that need replacing every 2 months or 60 uses I believe(ships with a "1 year" supply) and an occasional cleaning cycle (Clean me button!) with their cleaning tablets and a descale with water/vinegar mixture (really depends on the quality of water you put in). I use ion exchange filters (not charcoal) as I use tap water.

What exactly are you looking for? These make espresso. In terms of the shot quality, it's quite good for the value. This requires a "human element" though. You would grind and tamp the coffee yourself. Knowing the grind size, coffee amount, and tamp-strength is up to you. It's not that hard though -- you get the hang of it. Personally I enjoy making americanos - 2 shots and add hot water. I've made lattes as well, the steam wand isn't the strongest but it does the job.

See the video for more info :)
Mar 6, 2017
260 posts
127 upvotes
WhyOhWhy wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 6:18 pm
Looks to be the 870xl. The 870XL is the 840XL with the built in grinder (I believe it's the same as the Pro grinder). Price is okay too, judging by the price history on Amazon:

https://ca.***************.com/Breville-BES870XL-Barista-Express-Espresso/product/B00CH9QWOU

I have the 840XL with the grinder separately and know plenty of people with the 870XL as well. They're honestly great value for the money. They don't take that much taking care of - They do use filters that need replacing every 2 months or 60 uses I believe(ships with a "1 year" supply) and an occasional cleaning cycle (Clean me button!) with their cleaning tablets and a descale with water/vinegar mixture (really depends on the quality of water you put in). I use ion exchange filters (not charcoal) as I use tap water.

What exactly are you looking for? These make espresso. In terms of the shot quality, it's quite good for the value. This requires a "human element" though. You would grind and tamp the coffee yourself. Knowing the grind size, coffee amount, and tamp-strength is up to you. It's not that hard though -- you get the hang of it. Personally I enjoy making americanos - 2 shots and add hot water. I've made lattes as well, the steam wand isn't the strongest but it does the job.

See the video for more info :)
yeah as long as this can make americanos its fine. Thanks for the video!