Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

BREVILLE Barista Express Espresso Maker BREBES870XL $467.49 after discounts

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2017 5:13 pm
Oct 16, 2011
373 posts
300 upvotes
Georgetown

[The Bay] BREVILLE Barista Express Espresso Maker BREBES870XL $467.49 after discounts

BREVILLE Barista Express Espresso Maker.
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... s860xl--24

Model No; BREBES870XL
Regular: $799.99
On Sale: $549.99
Coupon 15%: EXTRA15: -$82.50
Final Price: $467.49 + HST
Plus additional 5% from ebates.

BestBuy: $599.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bre ... 56821.aspx

Amazon: $599.05
https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870XL ... B00CH9QWOU

London Drugs: $799.99
https://www.londondrugs.com/breville-ba ... 03444.html

Sears: $799.99
http://www.sears.ca/en/espresso-makers/ ... essomakers

Bed Bath and Beyond: $749.99
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... ryId=22054
117 replies
Apr 5, 2016
617 posts
1258 upvotes
BC
That's a good looking machine with what looks like some great reviews.
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 3.50.24 PM.png
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1429 posts
1382 upvotes
Toronto
is this the lowest price historically? What are the chances of this machine going that low round Boxing Day ? I need to buy one for later this year and need to decide if it makes sense to wait ...
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10060 posts
12664 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal. Bought one a few months ago for $599.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
Got this independent of RFD about 18 months ago. Excellent pump machine.
Oct 18, 2006
396 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price. Got it when it was $479.99 at BB one year ago. I use it daily. Totally recommend it.
Jan 16, 2011
34 posts
14 upvotes
Damn you RFD! Had to bite. Thanks OP, bought one. Hopefully, Ebates' 5% is also gonna work!
Oct 29, 2016
853 posts
486 upvotes
I couldn't resist, thanks OP.

Now I have a perfect condition Saeco Odea Giro for sale in the Toronto area if anyone's interested.
Nov 19, 2016
904 posts
621 upvotes
Taking a serious look at this thing considering buying it. If someone can answer does it make noticeably better coffee than say an aeropress? Likely you would make the expresso and integrate with hot water right?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1237 posts
1900 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Taking a serious look at this thing considering buying it. If someone can answer does it make noticeably better coffee than say an aeropress? Likely you would make the expresso and integrate with hot water right?

Thanks!
Well my question would be are you an espresso drinker? If the answer is yes then you need an espresso maker to get your java fix and this one an amazing buy at this price point.
Nov 19, 2016
904 posts
621 upvotes
eahmed wrote: Well my question would be are you an espresso drinker? If the answer is yes then you need an espresso maker to get your java fix and this one an amazing buy at this price point.

Typically we drink coffee and no espresso however we make the faux espresso using the aeropress then dilute it with hot water to get coffee or an americano.

I guess I'll pass, this did look like a lot of fun though!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Taking a serious look at this thing considering buying it. If someone can answer does it make noticeably better coffee than say an aeropress? Likely you would make the expresso and integrate with hot water right?

Thanks!
I have this machine and make exactly what you said (an Americano)
Granted, I was going from a standard drip pot to this, so it was a nice upgrade for me.
We found ourselves going to coffee shops somewhat regularly before, so the new machine was warranted. If you're happy with your aeropress then it might not be worth the $500 splurge.

EDIT: Also, this is an excellent price for those considering this machine. In the past a good sale was $499 + tax, but not sure how often that happens anymore.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Nov 25, 2012
170 posts
103 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've used this machine quite a bit and would recommend it for either espresso beginners or those who want to invest in espresso equipment but can't see themselves ever spending much more than this. Decent eyeball, terrific footprint, and it comes with most necessary accessories. (Buy non-Breville-branded cleaning solutions for way cheaper).

If I had the choice I'd go for the Dose Control Pro (BCG600SIL) and the Infuser (BES840XL)--basically the two components of this machine--separately, but you'd be hard pressed to find those for $600 combined.

Don't cheap out on coffee.
mcfrugal wrote: is this the lowest price historically? What are the chances of this machine going that low round Boxing Day ? I need to buy one for later this year and need to decide if it makes sense to wait ...
The black one has gone down to $419 (or $429?) on Amazon, but that was when the dollar was at (or at least closer to) par.

I'd recommend jumping at $467.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
Great machine, picked it up during the Amazon Warehouse deal.
Oct 28, 2004
143 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Timothy2 wrote: I've used this machine quite a bit and would recommend it for either espresso beginners or those who want to invest in espresso equipment but can't see themselves ever spending much more than this. Decent eyeball, terrific footprint, and it comes with most necessary accessories. (Buy non-Breville-branded cleaning solutions for way cheaper).

If I had the choice I'd go for the Dose Control Pro (BCG600SIL) and the Infuser (BES840XL)--basically the two components of this machine--separately, but you'd be hard pressed to find those for $600 combined.

Don't cheap out on coffee.

The black one has gone down to $419 (or $429?) on Amazon, but that was when the dollar was at (or at least closer to) par.

I'd recommend jumping at $467.
Do you have a coffee bean recommendation for this machine? Thanks!