[The Bay] Calvin Klein Suits $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:38 am
[OP]
Jan 18, 2015
112 posts
190 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
These suits are excellent if you arent going to be wearing it daily. Meant fir special occasions.
Mar 7, 2017
92 posts
12 upvotes
I need a 44 or 46 tall but find it odd that some inseam sizes are 31"? And the rest are 36.1" which I def need.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3730 posts
451 upvotes
Montreal
You get what you paid for here IMHO.

CK suits are more like average quality but I'll still grab one as I rotate my wardrobe everyday. That way it'll last for quite a few years just like my Allen Edmonds seconds which are also kept in cedar shoe trees.
Jul 3, 2017
70 posts
24 upvotes
I have one from the same-price sale a couple of years ago. Quality is fine for the price, no complaints. Made in Vietnam. As far as I recall from the suits I tried on the sizing and tall/skinny/regular designations were accurate. Material is a bit thin, but that's good for summer. It has held up well for the rare occasions I use it. But there's no doubt this is a $180 suit, not a $400 suit, so it's not going to impress people who buy $1000+ suits.
Oct 16, 2008
872 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Are these suits good? $179.99 seems pretty good for a full suit price....
Nov 25, 2007
726 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:03 am
Didn't buy a suit but I did buy a top coat.

$99 - great deal! Can't even buy a no-name coat for that.
Link to coat pls?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5108 posts
662 upvotes
I own a couple of these, they are perfectly passable as a starter or basic suit.

Good if you need something cheap and easy starting out your career, or don't wear suits often.
Aug 17, 2009
612 posts
297 upvotes
MoriorInvictis wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:50 am
My only complaint is that the fabric in the seat/crotch is quite thin and tend to wear quickly. If I estimate the times I've worn my standard CKs, I'd estimate they start wearing too thin and you're asking for a blowout after about two years of once a week usage (obviously this number can vary depending on the suit and your use).
I swear, it's like they do this on purpose. I have the identical complaint. If the pants are not fitted (i.e. shortened), when you do get them fitted, ask to keep the extra pieces. When you get the blowout, have them dry cleaned and then ask them to sew the crotch with the extra pieces. Works like a charm and extends the life of the suit by at least 1 year.

Also, on a side note, I did post a few weeks ago about some clearance store selling wool suits (some old stock) for $60, originally priced at $800 and up. It definitely puts into perspective the reality of original prices and the actual "savings" people get, when they go on sale.
Nov 12, 2015
477 posts
602 upvotes
Do they have their dress shirt sale usually after this sale?
Aug 2, 2016
182 posts
163 upvotes
Generally I think these suits are OK for $180 as long as you do the following:

-Don't buy what you think you *can* wear, but choose colors that are basic, eg. Navy, charcoal or *subtle* patterns; 2 buttons; regular lapel
-Know what a tailor can or cannot fix, and avoid if you think the cost of tailoring will be more than your budget allows (eg. adjusting jacket shoulder width or length is difficult, but jacket sleeve length and pants waist/ hem/ tapering are easy)
Aug 30, 2009
141 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
MichaelR901173 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:59 am
Can anyone give me an estimate on size for me
I am 5"11 and weigh 145 lbs,
I wear the C.K slim fit shirts so I guess I would be a slim fit suit as well.
Also can I order online and return or exchange at the store?
Oh yeah, I do have a little belly so maybe a regular fit , but dont want it too big.
I'm 5'9" 145lbs and I wear slim fit 36R (x-fit for CK), depending on your arm length you might need to get the sleeves released a bit. For CK you'd want to get one of their x-fit slim suits as their regular fit is quite loose, they have an additional slim fit in between x-fit and regular which would be equivalent of a modern fit.

The sizing is more dependent on your chest and shoulder than your belly size
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3362 posts
164 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:07 am
Do they have their dress shirt sale usually after this sale?
They usually have at least one dress shirt sale during the one-day sales. None so far this year but I would anticipate it later this week.

Probably Tommy Hilfiger sweaters too.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1012 posts
443 upvotes
The 6
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:55 am
I swear, it's like they do this on purpose. I have the identical complaint. If the pants are not fitted (i.e. shortened), when you do get them fitted, ask to keep the extra pieces. When you get the blowout, have them dry cleaned and then ask them to sew the crotch with the extra pieces. Works like a charm and extends the life of the suit by at least 1 year.

Also, on a side note, I did post a few weeks ago about some clearance store selling wool suits (some old stock) for $60, originally priced at $800 and up. It definitely puts into perspective the reality of original prices and the actual "savings" people get, when they go on sale.
Possibility it is intentional. Makes lap dances feel much better for the ballers sporting these suits.
May 18, 2013
23 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
These suits are garbage. They don the branding of Calvin Klein but they are excuslively Bay's private label who paid a licensing fee to use the CK brand. These fit very differently from the suits you'd actually get from a retail CK store. These suits, while attractive in price, fit terribly, are heavy, and are not very breathable. Overall, a value buy for your son's first suit to his prom or graduation but not something I'd touch working in the business world.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4042 posts
325 upvotes
according to their sizing chart im Large, what size is that for a suit?