[The Bay] Calvin Klein Suits $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:38 am
Aug 30, 2017
45 posts
44 upvotes
GTA East - Durham
Make sure to budget for alterations.
Unless you have someone who does a decent job at a lower than average cost altering waists, shortening sleeves and hemming will tack on another $50 to $75.

Ps I will echo some of the posters above. You get what you pay for.
I bought a couple last year. I am not a suit snob but these are okay for occasional wear for someone who doesn't generally wear suits or in a light rotation as part of your "stable" if wearing suits every work day.
Last edited by dookiemoore on Nov 14th, 2017 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 8, 2008
258 posts
61 upvotes
I bought one last year, don't wear suits that often but for the price it seems like a solid buy.

They are very boxy and not a nice cut. However I spent ~$75 in alternations and now it actually looks very nice!
After alteration it worked out to ~$250. I don't think you can find a better suit for that price.
Nov 23, 2015
128 posts
53 upvotes
Winnipeg
SuperOxide wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:07 am
What is the quality like for Calvin Klein suits? I have bought Calvin Klein shirts before and the quality is meh and you get what you pay for.
I am aware that most people don't wear suits daily but say if you did, would you buy these?
I'm wearing one of these suits (from last year) today. It fits well, is comfortable, but is not particularly well suited to heavy duty use. I only wear it a few times a month and I'm pretty sure a shine is starting to develop in the elbows... it normally takes years before that happens with my other suits.

I think this suit is well suited to two groups:

a) someone who wears a suit regularly but doesn't necessarily need something obviously high-end (i.e., if you're a trial lawyer, politician, CEO or some kind of public figure, look elsewhere)

or

b) someone who only needs a weddings/funerals/job interviews suit.

If you're, say, a district manager for a tech company and have a rotation of 6 suits, this one would make a fine addition. But if you wear it every single day, it will be garbage within two months.
backonceagain wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:13 am
What trouser waist size comes with a 42 Tall?
That's my size... the pants are 36. It's a comfy 36, though... some of my other 42L suits have come with much more fitted and snug 36 pants.
Nov 27, 2003
684 posts
142 upvotes
Sempiternal wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:50 am
I do wear suits pretty often and I did buy one of them a few years ago. The quality is pretty bad and to be honest I'd rather have only one 400$ suitsupply suit than two of these. If you only need a suit, go for something a little more expensive or just rent one if you only wear one once a year.
I have one of these suits, and have worn it a few times. Quality seems very decent for the price, but I don't wear suits often. I would suggest that buying a suit like this makes more sense than renting, considering that this suit is probably $50-$60 more than the cost of one rental.
Jul 19, 2013
173 posts
72 upvotes
lexar123 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:56 am
I bought one last year, don't wear suits that often but for the price it seems like a solid buy.

They are very boxy and not a nice cut. However I spent ~$75 in alternations and now it actually looks very nice!
After alteration it worked out to ~$250. I don't think you can find a better suit for that price.
Absolutely agree with you; I did try one even before the sale begins at the Bay store and the salesmen highlighted the "boxy cut" issue along with the alteration costs. If it fits well, great! but getting right alterations itself a challenge, at least in my experience. Thanks op!
Apr 13, 2016
63 posts
5 upvotes
Can I return it to the bay if it does not fit?
also, do you think there is enough material to
let down the sleeve, cause I am long
Last edited by MichaelR901173 on Nov 14th, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 24, 2011
245 posts
45 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP. Added another suit to my collection.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
MichaelR901173 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:13 am
Can I return it to the bay if it does not fit?
also, do you think there is enough material to
let down the sleeve, cause I am long
Ya.. returns are very easy in store. No cost.

Personally I have one from last year and it's fine. Nothing special but for a basic suit it's a-ok.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1019 posts
154 upvotes
Halton
in for one but i might be deluding myself with "slim fit" so ordered a second regular cut
thanks op!
Apr 25, 2016
86 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know a good place to get alterations done? The place inside The Bay at Yorkdale is stupid expensive, I think it cost me 100$ to alter the pants and another 150$ for the suit jacket..
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4773 posts
591 upvotes
GVR
ppl2pass wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:10 am
you must be hella skinny bro
He could be a world-class cyclist or (ultra) marathon runner for all we know.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1151 posts
52 upvotes
Ontario
I just went in store and bought their X fit suit in navy. Jacket fits well for my build, I don't need to wear suits daily, so this is perfect for my needs for the occasional event or wedding.
Nov 7, 2013
966 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Smoothie wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:12 pm
I don't need to wear suits daily, so this is perfect for my needs for the occasional event or wedding.
Exactly my use case as well. Weddings, baptisms, funerals, interviews, etc. The charcoal one I bought last year was the first suit i bought in about 10 years. Very happy with it. So i bought two more this time around. Should be set for another 10 years Face With Tears Of Joy