[The Bay] Calvin Klein Suits $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:38 am
Mar 12, 2017
42 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
EVERYBODY STOP! YOU'VE ALL KILLED THE SITE! :facepalm:

UPDATE: Is anybody else getting this error: "Your payment information cannot be processed as entered. Please review and try again."
Last edited by NickC05 on Nov 14th, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10316 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
For those who, like me, wear suits every day, I would highly advise checking out Spier and Mackay. They have a sale on right now for $375 (regularly $448); my S&M suit is the best one I have in my wardrobe. If you're looking for a cheapish suit - sure, the CK is fine. If you live in your suits like I do, jump on the S&M sale. It's a better value.
4chan melts your brain.
Oct 25, 2011
33 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
For sizing does regular also apply to the length and sleeve of the jacket when comparing to short or is short just for the pants.
Nov 27, 2016
36 posts
13 upvotes
ravi121 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:12 am
Absolutely agree with you; I did try one even before the sale begins at the Bay store and the salesmen highlighted the "boxy cut" issue along with the alteration costs. If it fits well, great! but getting right alterations itself a challenge, at least in my experience. Thanks op!
Are the X-Fit Slim boxy, or just the regular cut?
Nov 27, 2016
36 posts
13 upvotes
legitic wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:02 pm
For sizing does regular also apply to the length and sleeve of the jacket when comparing to short or is short just for the pants.
Regular relates to the jacket length and sleeve length. The pants are usually the same.
Nov 27, 2016
36 posts
13 upvotes
danfromwaterloo wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:20 pm
For those who, like me, wear suits every day, I would highly advise checking out Spier and Mackay. They have a sale on right now for $375 (regularly $448); my S&M suit is the best one I have in my wardrobe. If you're looking for a cheapish suit - sure, the CK is fine. If you live in your suits like I do, jump on the S&M sale. It's a better value.
I agree mostly, but for $180 for a 100% wool suit, it's hard to do better for a beater or travel suit.
Jul 19, 2013
173 posts
72 upvotes
backonceagain wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:21 pm
Are the X-Fit Slim boxy, or just the regular cut?
I did try the 40R x-fit slim, navy at the Rideau Ottawa. It was not close to slim for an average built 5.8 (h)-40 (chest). I'm regular 40R, in most of the brands. It was too loose on my chest's lapel area, like you can put your fist inside, around 4 inches loose.
Sep 8, 2017
36 posts
21 upvotes
Picked up a grey topcoat. It looks awesome and you simply can't beat the price, even in the off-season!

I would've gotten a suit but I picked one up on Boxing Day last year and still haven't gotten it tailored yet...
Ever since I discovered RFD, I've spent so much money in the interest of saving money...
Jul 21, 2009
473 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Is this online only?? Would like to go in store to try them on
Apr 22, 2012
48 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
NickC05 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:17 pm
UPDATE: Is anybody else getting this error: "Your payment information cannot be processed as entered. Please review and try again."
I had that problem, needed to add phone number to address,.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1151 posts
52 upvotes
Ontario
ravi121 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:36 pm
I did try the 40R x-fit slim, navy at the Rideau Ottawa. It was not close to slim for an average built 5.8 (h)-40 (chest). I'm regular 40R, in most of the brands. It was too loose on my chest's lapel area, like you can put your fist inside, around 4 inches loose.
I've got similar specs and I fit great in my 38s.
Sep 9, 2017
6 posts
Have a slim fit Calvin Klein right now, I'm 6'2, just over 200 lbs and have somewhat broad shoulders. The 42L (or tall) was a good fit on me, and usually suit/shirt sleeves are wayyyy short when I lift y arms up... Currently bought 2 suits hoping they fit the same.

Also note, I got the "Your payment information cannot be processed as entered. Please review and try again" error as well after trying 4 different ways to check out. Called in and it was a "server overload", and they say to just try again later. Half an hour later, I was able to check out
Apr 23, 2014
671 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Convictor wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:46 pm

Also note, I got the "Your payment information cannot be processed as entered. Please review and try again" error as well after trying 4 different ways to check out. Called in and it was a "server overload", and they say to just try again later. Half an hour later, I was able to check out
I got the same error 3 times...Called in to order, and they got an error as well, and she told me that perhaps it's because that size was sold out.

It worked when I did paypal checkout. Order status says "released". I hope that's not a fancy way of saying cancelled.

Also- I noticed, that most of the 40 R sizes in X-fit were sold out before 11 AM est. (The Grey for instance) Or were they never available for purchase?
Jan 19, 2011
651 posts
218 upvotes
Montreal
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:35 pm
I got the same error 3 times...Called in to order, and they got an error as well, and she told me that perhaps it's because that size was sold out.

It worked when I did paypal checkout. Order status says "released". I hope that's not a fancy way of saying cancelled.

Also- I noticed, that most of the 40 R sizes in X-fit were sold out before 11 AM est. (The Grey for instance) Or were they never available for purchase?
I was online totally randomly last night around 1AM and everything was in stock including the X-fit grey. Decided to pull the trigger and this morning it was totally sold out.

I even got a shipping notice this evening.