Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Casper Mattresses on Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2020 2:31 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
bonaire wrote: Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering one from the Bay, they use Purolator as their shipping company and for anyone that knows they are the bottom of the barrel.
DHL and Purolator are useless when it comes to having anything shipped.
Purolator sat on my mattress for 3 days until updating the tracking to say "recipient must be contacted to schedule delivery". I asked them what the problem is, why can't they deliver it I'm sitting here right now? They said it's a heavy package and I need to be contacted from the "heavy weight" delivery department because my mattress will require 2 guys to bring it.
Also they only do heavy weight deliveries Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
The entire package was only 112lbs.
I went in to their shady service center in Scarborough and picked it up myself. Didn't need the extra guy....
Also the little customer service lady had no problem wheeling it herself on the dolly.
So while it was great saving 10% with the Bay, it was a hassle dealing with Purolator and their lazy incompetent delivery staff.
I really hope the anger you show here is only being shown on internet and not real life...
112lb is a lot and most companies have a policy where employees don't have to carry anything over 25lb-35lb or so. Just because you are tough and can wiggle a 112lb package and carry it up the stairs on your own( must be an award winning power lifter!), doesn't mean a regular DHL or Purolator delivery guy can, so complaining about that and calling them incompetent and lazy is very ignorant and childish. The policies may not be up to your standards, but staff has no control over them and the company or union establishes policies. If was was working for them, I sure wouldn't carry a 100+lb mattresses. In fact, I'd be an idiot to do so. In addition to that, for heavy objects a lot of delivery services will contact the receiving party to find out the time when the package can be delivered so that delivery people would not have to carry it multiple times. That's common sense on its own.
I own a business and get heavy deliveries once in a while by different shippers. Same rules apply more or less for all of them.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Aug 18, 2009
450 posts
218 upvotes
Barrie
wiffle wrote: Thanks. So if you want to return it (Fleep to Costco), just call them and they'll arrange someone to come pick it up?
Yep that's what she told me. You might have to sort out pickup times.
Aug 18, 2009
450 posts
218 upvotes
Barrie
jesuisdanny wrote: Is Fleep available in stores or just online?
I haven't been in store but my guess is it's online only.

Just got my shipping notice should be here Tuesday.
Dec 9, 2016
5 posts
jesuisdanny wrote: Is Fleep available in stores or just online?
Just online. I phoned their customer service when it was showing OOS. Although they did tell me the stock wasn’t’ going to be replenished, but then it did. Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1564 posts
1030 upvotes
Are there any quality foam mattresses that have more firm edges so that it doesn't sink too much when you sit on the edge of the bed?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
I am looking for a mattress and these foam options are hurting my head. Is there a reason to choose Fleep over say the more known Endy or Casper? I do like it is reversible. But outside of that, would these all be very similar?
Jul 13, 2006
278 posts
81 upvotes
ominousclouds wrote: Does anyone know how returns work with the fleep bed if purchased through costco? Do they have a trial like the other mattress companies?
I've returned mattresses over 11 months later to Costco. Their return policy is unlimited technically. Going to return 13 month old mattress upon receipt of the Fleep.
May 21, 2017
42 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
for those who ordered costco fleep matress
how did you find it
i could say that it is comfortable for me...
Jun 6, 2016
234 posts
85 upvotes
Just a heads up for anyone buying the casper online from thebay. I tried returning it recently and there seems to be no procedure in place for online orders. I was transferred over 20 times over 3 days between the online department and major home fashions. Finally, an online associate set up a pick up with purolator even though I told her it was too big to fit back into the box. When the driver came to pick it up he said he couldn't take it. Finally, had enough so I went into a retail location and spoke to 3 managers. After they tried unsuccessfully to call in to set up another pick up they said I can bring it in and they would return it in store.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2003
1016 posts
458 upvotes
Reviving an old thread, hopefully some of you are still subscribed to it. How are you liking your Caspers or Fleeps?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2838 posts
48 upvotes
Reviews are great and much better product . Check out silkandsnow. Just ordered king today. $950
Mar 22, 2008
103 posts
51 upvotes
insertusername wrote: Just a heads up for anyone buying the casper online from thebay. I tried returning it recently and there seems to be no procedure in place for online orders. I was transferred over 20 times over 3 days between the online department and major home fashions. Finally, an online associate set up a pick up with purolator even though I told her it was too big to fit back into the box. When the driver came to pick it up he said he couldn't take it. Finally, had enough so I went into a retail location and spoke to 3 managers. After they tried unsuccessfully to call in to set up another pick up they said I can bring it in and they would return it in store.

Unbelievable. I'm trying to return my Casper to the Bay and calling in is USELESS. I've been hung up on, told they'd call me back and been on hold for ever. It's true that they have no procedure, and no one knows what the hell is going on. I really hope Purolator will have a huge truck when they come, but I bet I'll be in the same place as you. God damnit.
Jun 6, 2016
234 posts
85 upvotes
heyulookin wrote: Unbelievable. I'm trying to return my Casper to the Bay and calling in is USELESS. I've been hung up on, told they'd call me back and been on hold for ever. It's true that they have no procedure, and no one knows what the hell is going on. I really hope Purolator will have a huge truck when they come, but I bet I'll be in the same place as you. God damnit.
I'd suggest going into the store and ask to speak with the store manager and make them figure it out for you.
Mar 22, 2008
103 posts
51 upvotes
insertusername wrote: I'd suggest going into the store and ask to speak with the store manager and make them figure it out for you.
Thanks. I think that's what we'll have to do!!
Sep 29, 2012
31 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
YulTi wrote: I also just ordered the Queen. I haven't changed my mattress for over 20 years as I never felt the need to (my mattress is still usable) so hopefully this will be a significant upgrade.
For all considering Fleep, I was thinking about getting one but noticed they are not listed as CertiPUR-US Certified on the CertiPUR website, even though Fleep mentions it on their site. Hopefully it's just that they forgot to register with CertiPUR-US and they'll get on the list soon. Also, after doing a lot of research, it seems many memory foam mattresses have lots of chemicals, so just thought I'd give the heads up to anyone looking for one to consider natural and organic options if they don't want to be exposed to all those chemicals.

From what I read, CertiPUR-US is the bare minimum one should consider. Greenguard Gold Certification is much better for memory foam mattresses. There aren't many memory foam mattresses with Greenguard Gold, but there are some. Also certified GOTS for the fabric used in the mattress or GOLS for latex mattresses are very good certifications to have. Natural latex mattresses tend to release much fewers VOCs than memory foam mattresses. Some of the organic mattresses or all natural latex mattresses are very expensive, but there are some out there at a comparable price to some of the other big name foam mattresses everyone knows about. You just need to do a bit of research to find them.

Hope this helps some people on their quest for the right mattress :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
We are debating between Casper and Logan Cove mattress. Any thoughts between these two?

Our current mattress is too firm and gives me back and shoulder pains most mornings which started after a year after purchasing (purchased 3.5 years ago)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2019
1332 posts
971 upvotes
heyulookin wrote: Unbelievable. I'm trying to return my Casper to the Bay and calling in is USELESS. I've been hung up on, told they'd call me back and been on hold for ever. It's true that they have no procedure, and no one knows what the hell is going on. I really hope Purolator will have a huge truck when they come, but I bet I'll be in the same place as you. God damnit.
Going through exact same experience with the bay trying to return this casper mattress. wasted a whole day so far on the phone.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
MarkF56792 wrote: Going through exact same experience with the bay trying to return this casper mattress. wasted a whole day so far on the phone.
What the hell?! I just bought a Casper today at the Bay and the salesperson assured me that if I wanted to return it it would be directly through Casper. I'm really shocked that that is not the case and that they don't really honor the 100 day guarantee, which is plastered all over their advertisement in store, but strangely, not through their website. Anyone has more information about this?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2019
1332 posts
971 upvotes
You can PM me. I finally got my refund a couple days ago. We bought it mid-December. What a nightmare trying to return this.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Ended up cancelling the order and just getting it directly from Casper. It was 5% more but I also called the Bay support and asked for the clarification, and they were useless. Hopefully the mattress will work for us, but it's a shame that The Bay and Casper don't have better procedures setup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)