Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Crock Pot 8-Qt with Little Dipper Warmer - $44.99, Reg. $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 1:20 pm
Aug 17, 2007
363 posts
412 upvotes

[The Bay] Crock Pot 8-Qt with Little Dipper Warmer - $44.99, Reg. $119.99

If you're in the market for a Crock Pot, The Bay has a deal on an 8 qt. pot with a bonus Little Dipper portable warmer. I bought this last weekend on sale for $89.99 and saw it come down even more so I had the price adjusted. You can't really go wrong with Crock Pot and this is the 8 qt. size which can make a bit bigger batches than your regular 6 qt. pot. Great for hosting parties and super simple and easy to use. You should be able to save even more with eBates (7.5%) but I needed it a little quicker.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1822 posts
2197 upvotes
Markham
Bay is $5.95 shipping under $50. Free ship >$45 with HBC credit card (>$99 for others). Don't see a mention of ISPU.

Or if you have Prime, Amazon has it for only $40.
https://www.amazon.ca/Crock-Pot-Cooker- ... B00DI1HCCW
EDIT: sorry, just noticed Amazon's model is different. Still 8 quart, but looks to be a manual temperature knob, no timer.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Aug 17, 2007
363 posts
412 upvotes
bk wrote: Bay is $5.95 shipping under $50. Free ship >$49 with HBC credit card (>$99 for others). Don't see a mention of ISPU.

Or if you have Prime, Amazon has it for only $40.
https://www.amazon.ca/Crock-Pot-Cooker- ... B00DI1HCCW
EDIT: sorry, just noticed Amazon's model is different. Still 8 quart, but looks to be a manual temperature knob, no timer.
It's the same price in stores (just no eBates that way but in store is cheaper unless you can get to the free shipping threshold). There is in store pick up options on the desktop site as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8205 posts
5716 upvotes
Good price, I paid 50 bucks for one from the Bay last year, it's huge and works pretty well
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
Kfox wrote: I wonder if you'd be better off buying the non digital/ no-timer version as electronics are usually what fail/break. Walmart has that version for $40

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/8-qt-stain ... 0043715281
Was reading some minor complaints on Amazon for the manual version about the heat not going low enough for some uses.

I would rather spend the little extra and have the digital version, where it has a timer, and then it automatically goes to keep warm mode like this one.

I ordered 1 for ISPU.
Jun 10, 2011
778 posts
834 upvotes
Buy a instant pot instead, Presure cooker+slow cooker all in one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2348 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote: I wonder if you'd be better off buying the non digital/ no-timer version as electronics are usually what fail/break. Walmart has that version for $40

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/8-qt-stain ... 0043715281
The convenience of a timer that automatically switches to warm is invaluable on a slow cooker. Most people will turn this on in the morning for 8 hours, meaning they will still be at work or commuting home at the time the slow cooker needs to turn off.
Jun 17, 2007
9 posts
I picked this one up at the bay while on sale last time. I regret it. The low is no where near low and has ruined a couple roasts now (internal temp after 4 hours was 190). Google it, it's a known issue.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Just stopping in to say the regular price on this is ridiculously inflated. I would say closer to $60 regular.
I paid this (or perhaps even $35) for this set from costco a couple years back.
Yes, with countdown. Not manual model.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1108 upvotes
sobig wrote: Buy a instant pot instead, Presure cooker+slow cooker all in one.
I like my Instant Pot (butter chicken in 10 minutes? yes please) but reports are that it doesn't really work as well as a slow cooker. The heating element comes only from the bottom and the stainless steel pot doesn't conduct and hold heat as nicely as a thick ceramic crock does.

That said, since most slow cooker recipes also seem to have a pressure cooker equivalent, I imagine I'll use the slow cooker a lot less than before.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1834 posts
1569 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
sobig wrote: Buy a instant pot instead, Presure cooker+slow cooker all in one.
+1
Bought mine last year and very satisfied with it
It on sale at Canadian Tire this week for $89.99
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
earthpetal wrote: +1
Bought mine last year and very satisfied with it
It on sale at Canadian Tire this week for $89.99
I have a stove perssure cooker, is an instant pot better than a stove cooker. I am looking for a slow cooker though. Does the instant pot work well for all functions?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1015 posts
448 upvotes
I always misread it a diaper warmer when I scroll through the the post :)
Salesperson

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)