Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

[Expired] The Infuseur Espresso Machine BREBES840XL for 341$

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 6:03 pm
Mar 25, 2018
420 posts
503 upvotes

[The Bay] [Expired] The Infuseur Espresso Machine BREBES840XL for 341$

[Deal is no longer valid] The Infuseur Espresso Machine BREBES840XL is 399$ at the Bay and you can get 40$ off with SAVEMORE coupon. WIth 5% from Ebates, it will come to 341$
Last edited by NuF518600 on Jul 18th, 2018 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Looks like most espresso machines are on sale at the Bay at the moment. I just ordered the Delonghi Eletta super-auto which is 50% off (link). I've been eying the Eletta for a while to upgrade our older model Delonghi super-auto which we love, I think this is the best price I've seen.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
This or the Nespresso ?

How much is the grinder?
Mar 25, 2018
420 posts
503 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: This or the Nespresso ?

How much is the grinder?
It depends. This is a manual machine. Nespresso is automatic and easy to use. You have to buy Nespresso cups and can't use your own coffee beans. The quality of espresso is much better in this than Nespresso if you use freshly roasted beans. This will need a grinder, which will cost around 100-250$.
Apr 13, 2005
350 posts
150 upvotes
Kitchener
NuF518600 wrote: This will need a grinder, which will cost around 100-250$.
I think you'll need to be closer to the $200 range on a grinder to get anything resembling true espresso out of this machine. Breville smart grinder pro or dose control pro will do the trick for entry level grinders and are around the 200 dollar mark.

I'd personally go for the baratza sette 30 for a quality no-frills grinder, which is around 300-350. Should last longer than the brevilles.
Mar 25, 2018
420 posts
503 upvotes
baggio4eva wrote: I think you'll need to be closer to the $200 range on a grinder to get anything resembling true espresso out of this machine. Breville smart grinder pro or dose control pro will do the trick for entry level grinders and are around the 200 dollar mark.

I'd personally go for the baratza sette 30 for a quality no-frills grinder, which is around 300-350. Should last longer than the brevilles.
True. Breville BREBCG820BSSXL Smart Grinder Pro is a good one, which is 239$ at the Bay (209$ with SAVEMORE code). Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder is a cheap alternative, which is on sale for 119$ at Amazon (extra 20% off today so it will be 95$). I've been using this for 3 years now and get reasonable consistency.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
The Breville Grinder is just too big, a smaller ones like the Virtuoso would work even better.

The Infuser is supposed to be discontinued and replaced with the Barista Express. They are essentially the same internal from what I have read. This price is very tempting

I am still using my old Saeco Sirena once in a while and I still love the design.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1670 posts
1187 upvotes
ottawa
Darn I'm holding off for the 870xl. Was hoping prime day would see it drop ~450.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
What's the historic low for this machine? Is it the same unit as the more popular Breville machine with the grinder? How long do these machines usually last for? I don't really need a grinder since I already have a baratza encore which will hopefully be up to the task for espressos
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Over a decade ago I used to had the chepeast Breville espresso model. Made decent shot but broke down just over a year later.The word on these machines is that they don't last much beyond 2 years.
For Sale:
Mar 25, 2018
420 posts
503 upvotes
Amazon's all-time low is 379$ according to https://ca.***************.com/Breville ... B0089SSOR6

This doesn't have a grinder built-in. If you want a grinder built-in then you have to go for 870xl, which is 499$ at Amazon. This is equivalent to Breville 870xl, just without a grinder. If you have a grinder then you can save roughly 140$.
Last edited by NuF518600 on Jul 17th, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
NuF518600 wrote: Amazon's all-time low is 379$ according to here https://ca.***************.com/Breville-BES840XL-Infuser-Espresso-Machine/product/B0089SSOR6

This doesn't have a grinder built-in. If you want a grinder built-in then you have to go for 870xl, which is 499$ at Amazon. This is equivalent to Breville 870xl, just without a grinder. If you have a grinder then you can save roughly 140$.
Has anyone had this machine for over 2 years without it breaking?
For Sale:
Mar 24, 2010
175 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the 870xl which has the built in grinder but I don't even use the built-in grinder since I have a standalone. So this should be good if you don't mind (or prefer) getting a standalone grinder.
Apr 13, 2005
350 posts
150 upvotes
Kitchener
thelasthunter wrote: Has anyone had this machine for over 2 years without it breaking?
Two of my friends bought this machine 4 years ago.

One maintains his with regular descaling and backflushing, and the other only really performs maintenance when I do it for him (once a year at best).

The one who does the maintenance is still going strong.

The one who doesn't, had to replace his solenoid valve at about 2.5 years. Solenoid valve part cost is about $80, and the labour was about $50. You can do this yourself if you feel so inclined.

So I'd say not to be surprised if you start seeing failures after 2 years, but if you maintain it well, it'll last. Even factoring in a $100 repair every few years, this is still a good buy for those who want a decent espresso but don't want to break the bank (yet ;)).
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
baggio4eva wrote: Two of my friends bought this machine 4 years ago.

One maintains his with regular descaling and backflushing, and the other only really performs maintenance when I do it for him (once a year at best).

The one who does the maintenance is still going strong.

The one who doesn't, had to replace his solenoid valve at about 2.5 years. Solenoid valve part cost is about $80, and the labour was about $50. You can do this yourself if you feel so inclined.

So I'd say not to be surprised if you start seeing failures after 2 years, but if you maintain it well, it'll last. Even factoring in a $100 repair every few years, this is still a good buy for those who want a decent espresso but don't want to break the bank (yet ;)).
Are all key parts that are bound to break so reasonably priced? What about pump and heater?
For Sale:
Apr 13, 2005
350 posts
150 upvotes
Kitchener
thelasthunter wrote: Are all key parts that are bound to break so reasonably priced? What about pump and heater?
I doubt it, but those aren't typically what fail, unless you neglect to descale/clean it. From what I've read on these machines (and I've done a LOT of reading on Breville machines, having repaired a few myself), is that it's usually a valve which fails under normal usage and maintenance.

There is a pretty big breville espresso user community online, which has helped me in the past when researching/diagnosing issues. One guy even made a 3d-printed part for a common failure with their grinders! I'm not saying their equipment is perfect, but it's definitely good enough for the price - especially if this is your first foray into espresso. It REALLY doesn't get any cheaper than this for what I'd call a "competent" machine. I'd even suggest that if you were to replace the plastic housing with a metallic one, and slap a "made in italy" tag on it, this machine would cost you $1000.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)